Junior Firpo

Nazario1985

Hm? Whats wrong with that? Hes worse, but more of a dribbler and more physical. I like that. If he was as good as Alba as an overall player I would pick him. Hes not.

Dribble what dribble ? the guy can't play football at this level at all.

The board is fucking blind to even have considered this guy was an option.

Can't pass / can't run / can't cross / can't find spaces / having trouble with ball control static & in movement ….. good luck making a good player from that & oh yeah with …

Stop with that more physical it's non sense ! if it was the ultimate characteristic just slap Umtiti in their will be a far better solution ! you will have all the above Cons except ball control cauze Umtiti is not s*** player

mc_lovin

Jesus, everything alright? Far too much hate and negativity for a backup player, who has been here for a few months. His Betis self was a very decent player, hopefully he gets there.

Nazario1985

Jesus, everything alright? Far too much hate and negativity for a backup player, who has been here for a few months. His Betis self was a very decent player, hopefully he gets there.

The thing is, when you slap the 'backup player' stick on him he should at least be a decent player which he is not.

In that case as i was saying why not try youngster for La masia or elsewhere you can't be worse than that !!.

Nothing against the guy but Im not seeing a footballer that will be better than this even in 3-4 years which is again a waste of time !.

mc_lovin

Hes better than all our La Masia options. Simple as that. You cant expect another player of Albas class on the bench. Completely unrealistic.

Firpo will either improve (aka reaching his Betis form and be a decent option) or he will be gone here rather sooner than later. Business as usual. Nothing to be outraged about. Hes young and learning and at least looks somewhat solid (bar his stupid mistakes).

EdmondDantes

Looked very out of sorts tonight, shame since I was rooting for him to do well. Needs to improve on the ball quite a bit.

malvolio

sadly he is turning into a calamity with every match he plays. don't see him lasting more than this season at this rate.

raedkuwait

He is 100 times better than that crying girl we have, i would rely on him in important games in CL alba cant handle pressure

Rory

He was extremely poor last night. I do think this though, when Alba plays on the left side the whole team tries to go down the left, he gets multiple chances to go forward, especially with Messi balls over to him. Last night messi put lots of balls through for roberto instead and he looked twice the player he usually does. Yesterday there was little to no attempt to use Firpo even when in a decent position. Not saying he's going to be anything great, it was just something I noticed.

Gaudi

He didn't look good, shaky and mistake prone, but I really want to watch that documentary...if Alba cried in the halftime I would punch him in the face in front of a locker room.

Havesaks

There was a moment where Messi made his typical run through to the left side, and clearly waited for Firpo to look up / be ready which he didn't/wasnt and Messi was intercpeted because of that. The commentator pointed it out as well. Point is: Firpo still lacks the understanding to play as a RB here in Barca.

That doesn't mean he is a bad player. With Betis his role was considerable different. Every mistake he makes here can have dire consequences, due to our slow midfield and players in general. We still lack a lot in the physical department and our offensive key players are suarez and Messi, and to maximize their output we need disciplined and clever players. Also why Arthur probably has difficulties, and Rakitic still can be a valid options despite his slowness and rather bad technical ability.

Firpo is now at stage where he is to focused to not make mistakes, and try to find his rhythm into the team. That's why he isnt showing his best version - yet. On the plus side, he looks to have both the technical and physical attributes to succeed here, and diciplin and understanding of the tactics and flow of the game can be learned way easier than getting faster or learn to do 1 vs 1 situations. With time and maybe a better manager he has the chances to succeed here (injuries are still a big concern tho).

There isn't really a reason to be to concerned about him. He has been okay. and the game before atm, he was really good actually. It's also not like atm is a bad team. Well at last note defensively he might still be lacking, but so did Alba at first.

devo901

Yes, yesterday was not his best day - to many balls given to opponent..... but remember it took also for Roberto a while to adapt

Nazario1985

How can some people bash alba a WC LB for his fuck ups and still see something in this waste of time of a player is beyond me.

I don't know how this board is deciding players to buy, it seems its either something to calm the fans with or some leftovers from the market !!

Positive thing is other players saw his limitations with the ball and only giving him chances when it's a clear win situation even then struggled to outrun Baba !

He also made the young Take look like a WC player !

Nazario1985

Yes, yesterday was not his best day - to many balls given to opponent..... but remember it took also for Roberto a while to adapt

Roberto needed to adapt to different roles, while having the basics of a good players like positioning / ball control / and decision making while battling his biggest weakness : defense.

Home of Barca Fans