Junior Firpo

defyqa

He would not count as a foreigner even if he didn't have an EU passport. Dominican republic has signed the Cotonou agreement.

Messi983

"El futbolista del Betis, de vacaciones tras ganar el Europeo sub 21 con la selección española, es una de las primeras opciones del club catalán para reforzar el lateral izquierdo. Según apunta Muchodeporte, la oferta llegaría a unos 20 millones de euros más la cesión de dos jugadores. Y uno de ellos sería Juan Miranda."

We apparently offered 20M and Miranda+another player on loan for Firpo. I don't believe Betis would accept this but it's a good starting point if true.

I would give them Rafinha (we won't get much selling him anyway so including him in a deal like this is probably the best option to get rid off him) and also Miranda in property if we include a buy-back. And then maybe loan someone like O.Busquets, maybe even Puig who I think Rubi would probably like and give him some valuable La Liga experience.

abbbs97

Really great to see that we're interested in him. We badly need an LB and Firpo is one of the most promising ones out there. He can rotate with Alba and can eventually replace him if he lives up to his potential.
I believe his release clause is 30m so I think if they dont accept our 20m + Miranda, we'll eventually pay the 30m.

FC433

Rafinha + Miranda (with a buyback option) + Alena or O. Busquets on loan + 20m

Seems fair and possible. VFC, I believe, is offering Mina + one player on loan + 15m for Gomez who is valued at 40 to 50m.

Messi983

There were rumours Liverpool is prepared to pay 50M but I doubt as they already have a good LB. Moreno has left so they'll need another LB but will probably go for someone cheaper. City was also interested but they've paid 60M for Mendy two years ago, they renewed Zinchenko who Pep really likes and then also bought back Angelino from PSV so they now have 3 LBs.

We'll see what will happen but if there is no true interest/offers from big EPL clubs it would be a good news for us.

Messi983

It was also reported last week that Valverde has demanded LB position to be addressed first so I think we'll have some news over the next week or two. Would be ideal to have Griezmann and new LB available for the start of preseason or at least before we go to Japan.

FC433

^
Griezmann + Firpo and we should be okay. We do not need any more signings.

We need to sell Rafinha + either Vidal or Rakitic and maybe loan one of Alena or Puig.

soul24rage

Hope Romero's intel is true. This is the position that I feel that we really need to strengthen.

I'm worried that Bartomeu had to borrow 35 million to make the Griezmann purchase. The board really needs to make some sells if they want to sign Firpo.

Or better yet just get Filipe Luis for free on a short term contract and sign Firpo or someone else in the future.

abbbs97

I think there will still definitely be sales. Lets hope Rakitic and Coutinho are two of them.
Signing Firpo would be really great news. He can actually compete with Alba.

Home of Barca Fans