Junior Firpo

Nazario1985

You have a serious problem.

having two eyes and not following the general wave is not a problem.

This guy if of course not a starter and that everyone on their mothers can agree on.

But is he worth being a sub ? i don't think so

We need a quality bench not liabilities

Raketa10

He is ok for a backup and noting more. I just hope Alba can stay fit for important games because Firpo is just an average player and nothing more than that. To be fair it would be stupid to buy another top class LB since Alba will probably be a starter for another 2 years.

Last edited:

Riordon

IMO we should never buy a player just to be a backup. We should go for players who can eventually replace the starter or least offer decent competetion, I don’t see the point in spending 25m on a backup. Now we have to use 50+ for a Alba replacement again.

Messi983

Really hope to see more of him now that his former coach is here.

IMO we should never buy a player just to be a backup. We should go for players who can eventually replace the starter or least offer decent competetion, I don’t see the point in spending 25m on a backup. Now we have to use 50+ for a Alba replacement again.

Junior was bought as a possible longterm replacement for Alba which he can still become. We could've paid 50M for F. Mendy and he would still be a backup for next two years or so and from what I've seen so far he's not really much better. I think if given a fair chance Firpo will surprise a lot of people.

Last edited:

Nazario1985

Really hope to see more of him now that his former coach is here.

Junior was bought as a possible longterm replacement for Alba which he can still become. We could've paid 50M for F. Mendy and he would still be a backup for next two years or so and from what I've seen so far he's not really much better. I think if given a fair chance Firpo will surprise a lot of people.

How much of a chance ? how many ball controls he need to fuck up or being brain dead in defense ? not even talking attack wise !

Sure he can replace aging Alba but not in a galaxy near the level of prime Alba. So are we just stepping down in every position ?

gasgas

How much of a chance ? how many ball controls he need to fuck up or being brain dead in defense ? not even talking attack wise !

Sure he can replace aging Alba but not in a galaxy near the level of prime Alba. So are we just stepping down in every position ?
If Setien can make him play to his Betis levels it will be enough

Nazario1985

If Setien can make him play to his Betis levels it will be enough

Well that's the huge difference, it's called a Betis level, good enough for Betis when was brought out here by this stupid board it was in the prospect that he CAN deliver more with a way much better squad compared to betis.

But the holes he have is not an adaptation but rather basic level from the academy !!

Let's simplified, he will never be a WC player not a 23 with that many flaws and no great things to show.

The board was impressed by that 3-4 under Setien !!

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Well that's the huge difference, it's called a Betis level, good enough for Betis when was brought out here by this stupid board it was in the prospect that he CAN deliver more with a way much better squad compared to betis.

But the holes he have is not an adaptation but rather basic level from the academy !!

Let's simplified, he will never be a WC player not a 23 with that many flaws and no great things to show.

The board was impressed by that 3-4 under Setien !!

scoring at the Camp Nou away is quite a good level I would say.

Alik

Ever since I read his tweets, I haven't been a fan of his.

Him not having had a single good match for us doesn't help.

Home of Barca Fans