Copa America 2019

Givenchy

:lol: could be a new low for Argentina, i don't think they'll make it out the group. last time i waste 90mins watching this shit team

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Argentina had the ball a lot but they clearly have no idea other than giving the ball to Messi. Attacking game is too slow.

Poor game from Messi, he showed spurts of activeness and was walking for most of the game, didn't show much urgency. His free kicks are completely off today.

Givenchy

I don’t know why Messi still bothers tbh. Should have left after the 2016 failure

yup he should of stood by his decision to retire.. this is just a terrible end for his career and legacy.

its amazing how AdM, Aguero and co turn to shit as soon as they put on that Argentina kit. Messi looks mortal also

D10S91

Luckily it's easy to qualify from the groups, otherwise there would have been a real danger of going out in the group stages.. They should at least get 4 points next 2 games. They'll have to fluke this tournament, because they are not going to win on quality.

CatalinR10

its amazing how AdM, Aguero and co turn to shit as soon as they put on that Argentina kit. Messi looks mortal also

It's pretty easy actually. ARG national team is cancer itself , nothing goes right when you wear that shirt. The players went through multiple heartbreaks losing a bunch of finals. That shirt is a reminder of the negativity that happened towards them. You can guarantee that as soon as the other team score a goal and take a lead, it's over.

Hardy

they got eliminated even at world cup under 20 by freaking Mali, argentinian football is truly in ruins

sickstar

Its a much better play from argentina in the 2nd half.

I don't know what are some of you on but i assume it's the first half that you are talking about.

Nevertheless, colombia's coach is much more experienced and put a good player on argentina's weak side (the right) and with zapata in good form. Argentina crumbled in fast counter attack against fresh players. So i would say, good one Queiroz.

But i should salute too to Scaloni for his encouragement during the break.

Argentina did lost but they play brave and motivated in the 2nd half. Only lack in finisher department. But good chances there from paredes. Free kicks from messi were too far from goal. Messi himself is quite active this half, doing pressures (that fast sprint), tackles, movement has been great but he was never the forward for this match. Some nice throughs but not utilized well.

Finally, its a lost but strangely im happy with their play in the 2nd half. If they keep up the 2nd half performance, with a better right back play and better communication, they could at least go far.

eaman

Another Argentina coach who has to play the league 1 standard Argentina league players. He has pereyra on the bench and he goes with that midfield. And no banega in that squad is a joke

sickstar

Who the fuck cares about Portugal players???

I say this before someone compared messi and ronaldo in national team. Also they have different role.

But 2nd half team was a different team than the scared, uninspired team in the 1st. They manage to form quick passes in opponent's half and control the game. And their left wing was also has more confidence.

But quieroz replacement was so spot on. 3 replacement all have assist or goals.
On the other side, possesion 1st half is arg 45 - colombia 55. After the game finish it's arg 53 - col 47. It's not that colombia lost posession because they are leading because argentina fully controlled the first 25 minutes of the 2nd half and has multiple chances, just not good enough power in the finishes. On the other side, queiroz was so smart that he saw the hole on arg right wing back after argentina advance in the 2nd half and put an excellent and fresh player there. Also a good replacement (zapata for falcao).

Home of Barca Fans