Copa America 2019

JerseyAddict

Watching Chile Uruguay I can't shake the feeling hoe on earth Chile can play such nice passing game and develope a space for Alexis. And Uruguay can produce so much attacks ...

And then I remember Arg team and how they play. They are really idiots ... Waiting for Messi to do it all by himself and no team play whatsoever.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Watching Chile Uruguay I can't shake the feeling hoe on earth Chile can play such nice passing game and develope a space for Alexis. And Uruguay can produce so much attacks ...

And then I remember Arg team and how they play. They are really idiots ... Waiting for Messi to do it all by himself and no team play whatsoever.

Argentina NT is a big puzzle for many fans, as how a nation so rich in talents (not anymore) could fail so many times. Ever since their last gold in Copa America 1993 Argentina has reached 7 finals in 3 competitions (3 finals in 3 years) and lost them all! I don't know if there is one nation that lost these many finals as Argentina did. Not all came in the same fashion, but still puzzling how a nation could fail these many times winning a final. I think we need to dig into the culture of this country more to find the answers. All these pressure, all these controversies, all these hacking and stabbing that we hear and read in the media and among the fans toward the players is one issue that need to be addressed.

From the 90s to this day there was always this question as why the Argentine super stars offer more at the club level than they do in an Argentina jersey. There was almost always talks about the Argentina NT playing as a bunch of individuals rather than a team. Even at periods when Argentina seemed to be clicking as a team they still failed to reach finals and even when got there lost it. As an Argentina fan for nearly 30 years I still can't understand why this nation can't put it together and win something at the international level. Sometimes I really think this country is cursed.

JerseyAddict

From the 90s to this day there was always this question as why the Argentine super stars offer more at the club level than they do in an Argentina jersey. There was almost always talks about the Argentina NT playing as a bunch of individuals rather than a team. Even at periods when Argentina seemed to be clicking as a team they still failed to reach finals and even when got there lost it. As an Argentina fan for nearly 30 years I still can't understand why this nation can't put it together and win something at the international level. Sometimes I really think this country is cursed.

Just remeber them in 1990., 1994. and 1998.
in 1990. everybody told me they will win it. I told them Germans will do it... And they failed in the final on a PK 1:0
In 1994. with such fantastic team... and baaaaaaaaaam Maradona kicked cause drugs abuse...
In 1998. with such fantastic team... and baaaaaaaaaam Netherlands pulled a goal of the decade....

They always seem to fail somehow.
These recent fail in Copa I won't even mention.

And 2014. WC with that GÖetze winner...

Argentina is really cursed.

xXKonan

Brazil advance to the semis beating Paraguay on Penalties.

Every time Brazil gets into the final third they completely shit themselves every time. Firmino, Coutinho, Jesus, and Everton to an extent were just fucking terrible.

aceshigh

Everton was much better than all the others.

And really. Whoever said Mourinho parks the bus, haven't watched Paraguay playing.

Its the third time Paraguay advanced out of group stage without winning any match.

I think the went to the semis, last Copa, without winning any match, just going to penalties on knock off stages

soul24rage

Scaloni is playing Foyth as a right back now :facepalm:

Saravia is said to have discomfort and Casco hasn't impressed, so it's not that crazy to play Foyth (he's on the quicker side of CBs).

He has played like 2 games as RB (vs West Ham, Man City and a sub appearance vs Ajax in CL Home).

I hope that he has a good game as the Venezuelan LW is fast.

Home of Barca Fans