Barcaforum squad evaluation Poll.

Barcaforum members, who do you think, need to be replaced?

• Josep Bartomeu & Co.

Votes: 37 74.0%
  • Ernesto Valverde

Votes: 47 94.0%
  • Coutinho

Votes: 36 72.0%
  • Suarez

Votes: 30 60.0%
  • Rakitic

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • Vidal

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Arthur

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Malcom

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dembele

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Lenglet

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Busquets

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Umtiti

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Semedo

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Roberto

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Jordi Alba

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters

Donatello

Vote for those, whom you think need to be replaced. You are allowed to vote multiple options.
Your identity is hidden, so please do participate.

Note: I am exempting some players due to lack of options on polls (which are limited to 15 only).

Those players are:

No chance of leaving:

Messi
Pique
Ter Stegen

Most probably leaving:

Cilessen
Murillo
Boateng
Rafinha
Vermaelen
Andre Gomes
Denis Suarez

Youngsters, who will likely be here next season, or loaned & their stay/non-stay doesn't impact much:

Alena
Puig
Wague
Todibo

Last edited:

Devils

Players who I would toss to the bushes:

-Rakitic
-Suarez
-Alba
-MAtS
-Coutinho
-Busi
-Roberto (x10000000000)
-Umtiti
-Rafinha
-Denis
-Gomes

Total bums these guys.

Players who I wouldn't mind seeing here next season:

-Pique
-Lenglet
-Malcom
-Kevin PRINCE
-Murillo
-Alena

Players who I would definitely keep:

-Messi
-Dembele
-Vidal
-Arthur
-Todibo
-Semedo
-Cillessen
-Wague

Last edited:

snowy

Same as Devils above except I'd defo keep Cool Hand Luke MAtS :cool:

I like Malcom (personality wise :p) and Alena as well but if doable, would replace with Ziyech and Sarabia in the same price bracket or add some to the pot and get Havertz and Son

Pique's been exceptional this year but he'd need to get phased out in the next year or 2. There was that huge defender who dribbled forward and scored a Lukakuesque goal a few month back but can't remember who it was. Could be a potential worthy successor to our budding cinematographer ;)

That's a CL winning team right there babeeeeee :rockon:

edit: Forgot about Alba! Think we still need him till we find an alternative LB able to bring similar verticality to the mix

edit2: some good LB who could do the trick --> Lucas Hernandez, Benjamin Mendy and Alaba... if can't sign them, could even look into LM and LW who'd trackback to help in defence. Basically, what Alba's doing now but with an emphasis on attack...

Last edited:
M

Medz

OUT : Rakitic - Suarez - Coutinho - Malcom - Denis - Rafinha - Gomes - Boateng - Murillo

DEF KEEP : Messi -ter Stegen - Arthur - Lenglet - Dembele - Vidal

The rest I feel indifferent about, if a good offer came I wouldnt care if they left

serghei

Board lacks vision, manager is a coward and doesn't know how to develop players, some veterans are past it.

Disagree with selling Suarez without signing at least a Griezmann first. Suarez is 25 goals in La Liga. Can't just get rid of him with nobody in his place. His situation is the most difficult one, because the market is grim.

Rakitic should be ideally a squad player, but under Ernie there's no way he doesn't start most games, so he should be sold. One less problem to deal with. Busi the same, but he could still be of some use and is a Barca legend. Roberto is not that big of an issue. Valverde is again making it worse by insisting with him in games where he has to deal with fast & skilled wingers. Which is a nightmare scenario for him.

Rakitic and Roberto are good players who are a problem only because of Valverde. I wouldn't even want Rakitic sold if we had a manager who didn't act as if he's an elite midfielder. Good utility player on a position that demands more technique and vision at Barcelona.

If we had a top manager and we signed De Ligt + a top young forward to transition from Suarez we'd be great.

Alba is not a problem at all for me. Probably one of our best players this season.

Last edited:

i_bleed_blaugrana

Board lacks vision, manager is a coward and doesn't know how to develop players, some veterans are past it.

Disagree with selling Suarez without signing at least a Griezmann first. Suarez is 25 goals in La Liga. Can't just get rid of him with nobody in his place. His situation is the most difficult one, because the market is grim.

Rakitic should be ideally a squad player, but under Ernie there's no way he doesn't start most games, so he should be sold. One less problem to deal with. Busi the same, but he could still be of some use and is a Barca legend. Roberto is not that big of an issue. Valverde is again making it worse by insisting with him in games where he has to deal with fast & skilled wingers. Which is a nightmare scenario for him.

Rakitic and Roberto are good players who are a problem only because of Valverde. I wouldn't even want Rakitic sold if we had a manager who didn't act as if he's an elite midfielder. Good utility player on a position that demands more technique and vision at Barcelona.

If we had a top manager and we signed De Ligt + a top young forward to transition from Suarez we'd be great.

Alba is not a problem at all for me. Probably one of our best players this season.

Church.

Only disagree with Alba. I voted for him but I wouldn't want him sold. He needs some serious competition though because his lackadasical attitude played a part in both collapses. So I don't trust him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Biggest problem is obviously Malcom! Or Dembele. If one reads only Catalan garbage, they'd get that conclusion. :lol:

Bartomeu, Suarez, Pique, Busquets can pack their bags.

Neymessi

Interesting that people want EV and raki out more than Barto. Tbh I do too.

Also people wanting Busi out is so less than expected.

Tekkers

Coutinho taunting the fans should be the last straw... i cant imagine that ever flying at any other top club. just despicable

rakitic can definitely pack his bags, as well as the manager.

xXKonan

We need a manager willing to break up the core and for the President to actually grow a damn spine.

We sold guys such as Deco, Ronaldinho when it was clear they were no longer focused and at the proper level during the 2008-9 Rebuild with Pep. We sold the likes of Eto'o and Toure despite still being World Class players because they didn't get along with the coach and we also sold the likes of Henry and Marquez, who the latter formed a rock solid partnership with Puyol when we won the CL with Frank.

We replaced the likes of Deco, Ronaldinho, Marquez, Henry with younger and more hungrier and very talented players such as Pique, Pedro, Iniesta and Built the team around the likes of Messi, Xavi-Iniesta with Pep willing to bet on Busi over Toure.

Those guys we replaced were some of the best fucking players in their positions for a number of years and they moved on. I really can't see that happening today. We have a coach and a board who backs said coach willing to hug tightly to the old damn core that is no longer the players they were and players who themselves who are fighting to hang onto their positions even though it's for the good of the team if they take a backseat.

We have a president who is to chicken-shit to do anything because he himself backs a coach who is also a chicken-shit.

Home of Barca Fans