Trent Alexander-Arnold

El Gato

Villarato!
Not gonna lie, I smile when someone sees digs and nothing else. You can stick the fingers in your ears and pretend that people form legacies based only on football quality all you want. Doesn't make it true.

They did talk about valores and reminded everyone what should be the one true way of playing football. Repeatedly and habitually. Purists and all, absolutely.

Despise? I'm as mellow as you get with madridistas. I find the club boring more than any other negative emotion you could associate with it. That said, I find it important to put yourself in a room where you're bound to have disagreements. Not my problem you don't seem to find it to be in good faith.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Two debates rolled into one here regarding TAA and full backs in general!

Regarding TAA he still has a lot to learn, especially defensively but it's easier to learn and develop that side of the game than the attacking side in which he excels.

Trent and whoever is on the right side of that 3 in midfield - usually Hendo or Gini - find ways to co-exist to good effect.

When the midfield is not on it - usually when it is both Hendo and Milner are both starting then TAA does not and will not look good defensively because usually Milner or Hendo and TAA are standing on each others toes in the same spaces as we've seen in a few games.

Still a few wrinkles in the RCB/RB to iron out but we can work on those in training. For me, the whole game plan needs to facilitate Trent on the right side. He was in playmaker-max mode today against Spurs and Leicester and when he can do that, the team moves to a new level.

So he does have areas to work on but what he offers offensively I'd rather have that the other way around. It's no coincidence he's at his best when Fabinho and Gini are in midfield.

In terms or right backs overall and the other debate for me Alves, Cafu, Zanetti and Lahm stand alone as the best right backs this century. IMO Cafu is the greatest right back of the past 25-30 years. Alves though was some player but I wouldn't call him a transcending right back as Cafu and Zanetti came before him and both paved the how people saw the full back role. Certainly Alves will always be remembered as individually as a brilliant player and part of perhaps the greatest club side of all time, so of course in an annals of history he will be renowned.

Similarly Roberto Carlos and Maldini are the 2 greatest left backs of all time and paved the way on how we saw full backs, especially Roberto Carlos. Marcelo is and was a brilliant left back and perhaps the best left back of his generation. In terms of overall ability I'd put him below Alves but what a player Marcelo was. He can't be compared to Roberto Carlos though.

Both Cafu and Roberto Carlos made the way people look at full backs totally differently basically through their international career and success with Brazil.

We've been lucky to have seen all those players in action.

Riordon

It’s seems elite fullbacks these days are the way to go in the CL. Real used the same formula. I can’t remember the last outstanding performance from a fullback of ours. Semedo has mostly average or okay-ish games and Alba is only elite in receive the ball from Messi.

Funny thing is that Robertson and TAA did cost Liverpool less than Firpo LOL. Elite scouting

This tweet was sent out soon after Messi was declared the winner. Nice way to reward the Barca fans for gracefully clapping you off at Anfield eh Trent?

In all my years of watching sport I've never done a massive u turn towards the way I feel about a club as I have Liverpool. I can't believe I wanted them to win the league as recently as 2 yrs ago.

Everything said about their fans has proven to be true I'm afraid. The arrogance sweeping through the team can be seen away from home when they goad opposition fans when they score. The victim complex. The hypocrisy.

They'll win the league this year because they are playing in a pub league but with arrogance like that their success wont won't last long.

Vilarrubi

This tweet was sent out soon after Messi was declared the winner. Nice way to reward the Barca fans for gracefully clapping you off at Anfield eh Trent?

In all my years of watching sport I've never done a massive u turn towards the way I feel about a club as I have Liverpool. I can't believe I wanted them to win the league as recently as 2 yrs ago.

Everything said about their fans has proven to be true I'm afraid. The arrogance sweeping through the team can be seen away from home when they goad opposition fans when they score. The victim complex. The hypocrisy.

They'll win the league this year because they are playing in a pub league but with arrogance like that their success wont won't last long.

Inb4 Leicester catches them up and wins the PL again.

FinBarcelonafan

So true but I personally like Dijk. He's been very respectful towards Barca and Messi. I don't like Liverpool fans or ManU, because they tend to hate Barca. Chelsea fans have no hate towards Barca. I was surprised by that.

Home of Barca Fans