Do you want Barça to win the Copa del Rey Final?

Do you want Barça to win the Copa Del Rey Final?

• Yes, we’ve had enough embarrassment this season

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Yes, why would you want Barça to lose?

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • No, losing the Final will force the board to sack Valverde

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • No, losing the Final will force us to offload deadweight players

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters

Givenchy

voted yes but its all dependant on whether the board would actually fire EV if we did lose and i don't think they would, hes here for atleast another season so i'd rather see Barca (mainly Messi) win another trophy.. not going to celebrate though as im feeling alot of apathy for the current squad/manager

i_bleed_blaugrana

I’ll die on this hill alone if I have to but I categorically think it would be better for this club if we lost. I don’t think the board would be able to justify keeping him if lost this game, it would just be too much.

I hate to say this, I always want us to win but if this loss results in bigger wins next season, I’d take it. Also, Messi needs the Copa America this summer much more than the Copa del Rey.

serghei

I’ll die on this hill alone if I have to but I categorically think it would be better for this club if we lost. I don’t think the board would be able to justify keeping him if lost this game, it would just be too much.

I hate to say this, I always want us to win but if this loss results in bigger wins next season, I’d take it. Also, Messi needs the Copa America this summer much more than the Copa del Rey.

Don't think it's decided by the Copa. If they had guts and vision, the decision to sack him would've been made after the 2nd implosion in a row in Europe.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

How is losing the CdR helping Messi win the Copa America? By the way, it will take a miracle for Argentina to win it, they are such a mess.

The thing is, if we know for a fact that losing the CdR will get Valverde fired many of us would be willing to sacrifice it. However given what Bartomeu said a few days ago and our club's way of handling these things, it is extremely unlikely (if you don't want to hear that it is outright impossible) that Valverde will be fired for losing the CL and the CdR.

The other thing is, as much as I am sick and tired of the current crop of players and badly want to see some new blood, we are stuck with them and I don't want our players to keep being demoralized. I am afraid after that embarrassing CL elimination, the state of their mental endurance is quite crisp (unless if they really don't care but I doubt it), adding another defeat will further put the players in a situation that will adversely affect our next season and I don't want to see that happening. If winning the almost useless CdR gives the players some boost, let's do it.

Lastly, Valencia is on a very good streak while we are just bad. It is very possible, even without us wishing it, that we lose the final to Valencia.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member

It'd be different if it was confirmed Valverde would get sacked if we lost.

And even then it would be almost impossible to root for the other team.

It's the same when Atlético played Madrid this and last year. Logically you'd be happy if Real Madrid won because it'd help us, but I can't celebrate a Real Madrid goal.

Alik

If Valencia whooped us 3-0, there's no way Valverde would stay here, no matter what Bartomeu said.

Richard.H

One of the more infantile threads ever to grace the forum

Are you really from Catalunya? If so what's the general public opinion? When I was there most cules seemed totally fine with EV. This was before the Liverpool debacle though.

jairzinho

There's a very strong possibility that we could bottle this.
A lot of people taking this Valencia side for granted.

Home of Barca Fans