Do you want Barça to win the Copa del Rey Final?

Do you want Barça to win the Copa Del Rey Final?

• Yes, we’ve had enough embarrassment this season

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Yes, why would you want Barça to lose?

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • No, losing the Final will force the board to sack Valverde

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • No, losing the Final will force us to offload deadweight players

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters

i_bleed_blaugrana

How is losing the CdR helping Messi win the Copa America? By the way, it will take a miracle for Argentina to win it, they are such a mess.

The thing is, if we know for a fact that losing the CdR will get Valverde fired many of us would be willing to sacrifice it. However given what Bartomeu said a few days ago and our club's way of handling these things, it is extremely unlikely (if you don't want to hear that it is outright impossible) that Valverde will be fired for losing the CL and the CdR.

The other thing is, as much as I am sick and tired of the current crop of players and badly want to see some new blood, we are stuck with them and I don't want our players to keep being demoralized. I am afraid after that embarrassing CL elimination, the state of their mental endurance is quite crisp (unless if they really don't care but I doubt it), adding another defeat will further put the players in a situation that will adversely affect our next season and I don't want to see that happening. If winning the almost useless CdR gives the players some boost, let's do it.

Lastly, Valencia is on a very good streak while we are just bad. It is very possible, even without us wishing it, that we lose the final to Valencia.

Not saying they are correlated. CdR won’t impact Messi going into the Copa America at all. All I was saying is that for Messi’s legacy, he needs the Copa America a lot more than the CdR.

Look, half the board want him out. There is pressure but what they can say is “He won a domestic double, how can we fire him for that?”

It’s a lot harder to say that if he just wins La Liga and between the fans and the board, a loss might be too much to ignore. Call me infantile all you want, if it takes a loss to Valencia in the CdR to get them to take action, it’s a necessary evil. I won’t apologize for wanting this club to be better, even in it results in us losing a trophy we’ve won the last four years ffs.

Y’all are probably right though. If they actually cared at all about results, they would have announced this day after Anfield.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Are you really from Catalunya? If so what's the general public opinion? When I was there most cules seemed totally fine with EV. This was before the Liverpool debacle though.

I live in Switzerland but visit Barcelona regularly for matches & pleasure and what I always do is query cab drivers or locals in shops etc. about the state of the club, Valverde etc. - my impressions from locals is precisely what I have been saying since before Valverde was hired. Club has lost its way in terms of playing style but the drop in attendance is the easiest thing to take note of

jairzinho

Irrelevant. Ernie will stay, even if we lose 4:0.

Ernie is ours!

Imagine the headlines if Valencia wins.
The players, the board and Valgreen will be under immense scrutiny from the media and the fans.
Sometimes, order out of chaos is necessary.

FinBarcelonafan

I live in Switzerland but visit Barcelona regularly for matches & pleasure and what I always do is query cab drivers or locals in shops etc. about the state of the club, Valverde etc. - my impressions from locals is precisely what I have been saying since before Valverde was hired. Club has lost its way in terms of playing style but the drop in attendance is the easiest thing to take note of

There's many reasons why attendance was down. Losing Neymar, terrorist attack and the political situation.

Neymessi

Wanted a 5th option. Yes because not winning Copa will not lead to EV being sacked or any major changes.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Regrettably, Valverde is going nowhere. Bartomeu has already weighed in on this publicly but the summer is long and perhaps Setien will be assessed by the sporting team more seriously. I am not optimistic, irrespective of the CDR result - if the CL exit two years in a row (In embarrassing fashion, both times) doesn't make the decision simple enough then losing in the Copa Final will add nothing

Xavi has already weighed in perfectly, we continue down the path we've been on under Valverde then there will be no CL victory on the horizon

Home of Barca Fans