Our XI for 2019/20

LABarcaFan

Ter Stegen
Todibo Lenglet
Semedo De Jong Arthur Alba/Firpo
Dembele Messi Griezmann
Suarez
Subs: A.Ruiz, C.Perez, R.Puig, G.Pique, S.Busqets, S.Roberto, A.Vidal

Arthur and Frenkie have to start the majority of the important games. That much is clear. There is just no other way. Play them as often as possible without burning them out, to develop the needed connections. They need to know each other's game inside out.

Absolutely. De Jong and Arthur, majority of the time, substituted, when is necessary from C.Alena and Riqui Puig. I belive Rakitic will be leaving. Busquets and Vidal... watching all games from the bench.

One option. People talk about Frenkie and his inclinations to push forward but It's all about the instructions from the coach. Last season he showed he can handle playing as the deepest midfielder

1767605_FC_Barcelona_B.jpg

Jairzinho,
I like your proposed XI. Just one name bothers me there - Luis Suarez. He SHOULD NOT start on any game, against any team, even the worst ones, even with 5:0 advantage. This guy is destroying all of the work from our midfielders and wingers. It looks like Neymar's deal is a question of hours, but he will eventually replace J.Firpo. We still need a central forward. If the window closes and we have not made any signing, I propose this rotation.

Grieazmann as a right wing. Neymar as a left and Carles Perez as a striker, with Leo playing behind him as a play-maker. Then we will have Dembele and Abel Ruiz as a subs. What do you think?

Messi and Suarez should no longer start together in the best 11 against top level teams. Those turtles don't make runs and that's too much burdens for the other players. Only one of them should be in the starting line up and we all know it would be Messi.

I can't agree more. Suarez should not play at all, but this dumb coach will start using him from the very first game, same as Pique, Busqets, Rakitic and Vidal. I don't have good feelings about this season. We may not even win La Liga.

I agree, he has been bad. Although one could argue he didn't play at midfield.

But what if, by some miracle, Coutinho played at his position and actually performed at his full potential again.
Then a midfield of FDJ, Arthur, Coutinho could not only work, but be pretty good.
At least in principle, I would love to test that theory.

In the reality, that would be the perfect combination of our midfielders. Since Antoin does not like the # 9 position and Ousmane preffer to play at the right wing, because he shoots with the left, I will set this offensive line-up.

Griezmann at the left wing. Dembele at the right. Coutinho as a left attacking midfielder and Messi as a right. De Jong as a right defensive midfielder and Arthur as a left. Yes, without a striker, because at times, Messi can penetrate the opponents defense and score.

jairzinho

Jairzinho,
I like your proposed XI. Just one name bothers me there - Luis Suarez. He SHOULD NOT start on any game, against any team, even the worst ones, even with 5:0 advantage. This guy is destroying all of the work from our midfielders and wingers. It looks like Neymar's deal is a question of hours, but he will eventually replace J.Firpo. We still need a central forward. If the window closes and we have not made any signing, I propose this rotation.

Grieazmann as a right wing. Neymar as a left and Carles Perez as a striker, with Leo playing behind him as a play-maker. Then we will have Dembele and Abel Ruiz as a subs. What do you think?

I honestly haven't seen much of Carlos Perez to say that he can work at CF. When we can't play out from the back, we need someone upfront who can hold the ball until everyone else joins the attack and who can also drag defenders out of position to create space for the other players, Greizmann, Messi etc to exploit. That is the role a 9 should be playing, apart form scoring goals. IMO the best player right now for this role is Luis.

LABarcaFan

I honestly haven't seen much of Carlos Perez to say that he can work at CF. When we can't play out from the back, we need someone upfront who can hold the ball until everyone else joins the attack and who can also drag defenders out of position to create space for the other players, Greizmann, Messi etc to exploit. That is the role a 9 should be playing, apart form scoring goals. IMO the best player right now for this role is Luis.

There was a time, when 75% of our squad was built from our own products from La Masia. I can recall few names as an example. Puyol, Pique, Alba, Busqets, Xavi, Iniesta,Messi, Pedro.Some of them still play, but what is the reason to have our academy if we are going to sell our talents and keep washed-up veterans like Pique, Busqets, Vidal and Suarez? There is several promising players in Barca B at the moment, who should find playing time this season, like Carles Perez, Abel Ruiz, Riqui Puig and Chumi.We can not continue just buying over-paid "superstars" for 100 + euros, and sale our own talents for crumbles. That is wrong. Sooner or later, that politic will bring us to bankruptcy.

LABarcaFan

If Barcelona agree to Coutinho, Semedo plus 50 million euros for Neymar, we need to find new starter for the right back. Here are some interesting names for that position.

Hector Belerin (24) Spain and Arsenal - 40 mil.
Lukas Klosterman (23) Germany and RB Leipzig - 30 mil.
Santiago Arias (27) Colombia and Atletico M. - 18 mil.

If for some reason the Neymar deal get canceled, then we need to find another left winger, before the transfer window closes. Griezman and Dembele prefer to play at the right wing and Coutinho's position is left attacking midfielder. So, for that position, I can name few players, who can have successful career with Barcelona.

Lorenzo Insigne (28) Napoli - 65 mil euro
Julian Brandt (23) Borusia Dortmund - 50 mil.
Memphis Depay (25) Netherlands and Olympic Lyon - 45 mil.

LABarcaFan

Barcelona and Juventus are in intense talks over a potential swap deal involving Juan Miranda and Daniele Rugani. "Tuttosport" also report that Juve have used the discussions to enquiry about the availability of Luis Suarez and Ivan Rakitic.

In 2013,Daniele Rugani (25) has joined the Turin club for which he has 69 appearances and 6 goals. He is also a Italian International since 2016. He can play equally well on both central defender's positions ( left and right ) and his current market value is $ 25 million. Since the arrival of the Dutch De Ligt and the Turk Merih Demiral, Rugani's minutes has dropped and that is the reason he wants to leave. Roma has offered 30 million euro plus two youngsters for Rugani, but they prefer to make a swap with Barcelona. The player himself wants to join the Barcelona club.

LABarcaFan

I honestly think its for the better of the team that he needs to go with Rakitic. Dude is just too toxic and a fucking thug on the field. And even if he were to stay , you think someone like him would accept a bench role ?

Nope. If healthy, Valverde will play Suarez no mather how bad he is. The player, itself, wont like the idea of sitting on the bench. There is new report from the Italian "Tuttosport" that Juventus are interested to buy or get on loan Ivan Rakitic and ... Luis Suarez. Lets pray that can happen by the end of the month.

Kul_z

Nope. If healthy, Valverde will play Suarez no mather how bad he is. The player, itself, wont like the idea of sitting on the bench. There is new report from the Italian "Tuttosport" that Juventus are interested to buy or get on loan Ivan Rakitic and ... Luis Suarez. Lets pray that can happen by the end of the month.

To be honest, attack of cr7 and suarez looks pretty decent, no thanks

LABarcaFan

As of today, Aug.23, 2019 Barcelona roster looks like this.

Ter Stegen (Neto)
Semedo (Wague)
Alba (Firpo)
Pique (Todibo)
Lenglet (Umtiti)
Arthur (R.Puig)
De Jong (S.Roberto)
Leo Messi (Alena)
Dembele (C.Perez)
............... (Suarez)
Griezmann ( .......... )

Busqets, Rakitic, Vidal and Rafinha as bench warmers.
So, we need to find a starter at # 9 and sub for the left wing. Still 10 days till the windows end.

LABarcaFan

Agree, but Ronaldo plays as a left wing. Suarez is # 9. They can compliment each-other well. And it can be for 1 year only, since Cavani is waiting for Suarez to join him in Inter Miami from the next season.

JohnN

I wouldn't have a problem swapping Dembele for Ronaldo for one year. I hate Ronaldo's character but I would be lying if a said that him and Messi together in the same lineup wouldn't be devastating. Also, it would be an amazing blow to all Madrid fans. DO IT BARTO.

snowy

I wouldn't have a problem swapping Dembele for Ronaldo for one year. I hate Ronaldo's character but I would be lying if a said that him and Messi together in the same lineup wouldn't be devastating. Also, it would be an amazing blow to all Madrid fans. DO IT BARTO.

and Mister N on the wing :neymar:

or skip the superstars and open a new route on the slightly cheaper New Gen. North Face :snowman:

______________T. Abraham_________M. Greenwood______________
_______________________Messi/Grizzi__________________________
Sancho/Fati____________Havertz/Arthur__________Demb/Callum H-O
___________________de Jong/Camavinga________________________
________Diop_____________Konaté___________Todi/Upa__________
__________________________MaTs_____________________________

__________________T. Abraham/M. Greenwood___________________
Sancho/Fati____________A. Gomes/Arthur__________Demb/Callum H-O
_____________________de Jong/Camavinga_______________________
Mendy/Firpo_______Diop_____(Upa)____Konaté______Todibo/Semedo
___________________________MaTs____________________________

Still no chump change. Mavinga & Greenwood both recently renewed with their clubs till 2024, Upamec's RC is set at 100 mil and Sancho's is vertigo high as well I think. I dare not look haha

LABarcaFan

Here are some propositions to start rebuilding FC Barcelona.

Priority # 1 is to find new central forward, who can replace Luis Suarez.

Timo Werner (23) RB Leipzig/Germany

For 2019/20 season his stats are: 17 games, 18 goals and 6 assists. His contract expires on 30.06.2023

Gabriel Barbosa (23) Inter / Brazil

For 2019/20 season his stats are: 29 games, 25 goals and 9 assists. Contract expires on 30.06.2022

Carlos Vinicius (24) Benfica/Brazil

For 2019/20 season his stats are: 12 games, 10 goals and 3 assists. Contract expires on 30.06.2024

There are two more names, Marcus Rashford and Lautaro Martinez, both 22 y.o. but their price tag is very high - 110 mil. euros.

LABarcaFan

I would like to write my last post for 2019, talking about the selection of new players and the transfers we need to do in January's window.

First:

In order to sign new players, we need to sell some of the current roster. I just read that the board has approved 75 million euro for new players. Here is what we need to sell.

1. Ph. Coutinho - Current market value as per German site, Transfermarkt is 90 mil euro.
2. O.Dembele - 75 mil. euro
3. Samuel Umtiti - 40 mil euro
4. Iv.Rakitic - 25 mil. euro
5. C.Alena - 20 mil. euro
6. A.Vidal - 14 mil. euro
7. J.C.Todibo - 10 mil. euro

Total of 7 players = 275 mil euro + 75 mil. euro approved from the board, that makes 350 million EUROS to spend for new players. That is a lots of money, right?

Second:

The selection of new players for the future.
Our defense is the area we need most upgrade. I will leave only Cl.Lenglet and change all other from the first team. Here are few names that can significantly improve this team.

Joshua Kimmich (24) Bayern, German International as a right back. His market value is 80 millions
Phillip Max (26) Augsburg, former German international as a left back - 17 mil. euro
Rodrigo Caio (26) Flamengo, Brazilian international as a right central defender for 6 mil. euro

We also need attacking midfielder because FDJ and Arthur are both central midfielders. For that position the best available may be Kai Havertz (20 ) from Bayer. Market value - 102 mil euro
And finally, we need a central forward, who can make L.Suarez to retire or to go to the MLS in USA. The best available name is the German international Timo Werner ( 23 ) from RB Leipzig. His market value is 75 mil. euro. So for 5 new player we will have spent 280 million euro from the 350 million we would have for selection. And here is how our new line-up can looks like.

Ter Stegen

J.Kimmich - R.Caio - Cl. Lenglet - Ph. Max

F.de Jong - K.Havertz - Arthur

L.Messi - T. Werner - A. Griezmann

LABarcaFan

and Mister N on the wing :neymar:

or skip the superstars and open a new route on the slightly cheaper New Gen. North Face :snowman:

______________T. Abraham_________M. Greenwood______________
Sancho/Fati____________Havertz/Arthur__________Demb/Callum H-O
___________________de Jong/Camavinga________________________
________Diop_____________Konaté___________Todi/Upa__________
__________________________MaTs_____________________________

__________________T. Abraham/M. Greenwood___________________
Sancho/Fati____________A. Gomes/Arthur__________Demb/Callum H-O
_____________________de Jong/Camavinga_______________________
Mendy/Firpo_______Diop_____(Upa)____Konaté______Todibo/Semedo
___________________________MaTs____________________________

Still no chump change. Mavinga & Greenwood both recently renewed with their clubs till 2024, Upamec's RC is set at 100 mil and Sancho's is vertigo high as well I think. I dare not look haha

I almost died from laughing while reading your line-ups. How is the weather in Austria? Too much snow in Kitzbuhel?

Home of Barca Fans