Treble Winners - Best In FC Barcelona History?

Treble Winners - Best FC Barcelona Team In History

• Total voters

Beast

The Observer
It's the best team in the liga /Spain history in terms of success and winning all playable trophies in one season
so go figure..
OF COURSE IT IS

Guardian

CL winners with most goals scored in the competition
LA Liga champions with most scored goals and least conceded
Copa del Rey winners
First team from Spain to win a treble

32 goals in the Champions league
4 more goals in the CL third qualifying round
104 goals in La Liga, new record for the club
17 goals in Copa del Rey
157 goals in all competitions

-fantastic attacking football
-best defence in La Liga
-the key players are youth academy products
-Leo Messi - 38 goals, 17 assists, future Golden Ball winner
-Samuel Eto’o - 35 goals, 12 assists
-Thierry Henry - 26 goals, 14 assists
-Xavi - 10 goals, 33 assists, probably the best playmaker in the world atm
-Iniesta - 5 goals, 17 assists, crucial goal vs Chelsea, amazing season for hime
-Bojan - 10 goals, 6 assists
-Alves - 5 goals, 14 assists
-Victor Valdes - Zamora Winner, conceded 0.89 goals per a game
- Pique - revelation of the season

Remarkable games & greatest moments:
vs Real Madrid at Bernabeu 2:6 ( I woudn't trade that for all cups)
vs Man United at Olimpico 2:0
vs Chelsea at Stamford Bridge 1:1 with Iniesta’s goal in 93d minute
vs Real “Park the bus” Madrid at Nou Camp 2:0
vs Bayern at Nou Camp 4:0, all goals scored in the first half
vs Sevilla at Camp Nou 4:0 and 3:0 at S. Pizjuan
vs Atletico at Camp Nou 6:1
vs Valencia at Cam Nou 4:0
vs Bilbao in Copa del Rey final, 4:1, and the Spain anthem booing
I can’t single out any of the many Barca goals, every ome was lake a drop in a sea, but this one was the most orgasmic:

[YOUTUBE]1YTWBDdWGpQ[/YOUTUBE]

need to say more?

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
PLEASE DO NOT SHOOT ME FOR THIS NEXT SENTENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!

For Barcelona to really go down in history and dominate european football they need to build on this success and not throw it away like in 2006.

I honestly do believe you need to win 2 or 3 more CL trophies in the next 5-6 years to go down in history among the panthoms of Real, Ac Milan and Liverpool plus the Ajax and Munich sides which won 3 in a row.

Don't shoot me just my opinion! Of course as a stand alone achievement this treble will go down in history but Barca have got to do what they have never ever done before - dominate europe.

Hopefully you don't take this the wrong way :D

Fourteen

Monster Masch
It's going to be difficult though, Ed and i'm sure you're more than aware of that. In the past, before the CL was formed, you played less games, therefore it was easier for the dominant teams to do the business.

Retaining the Champions League would be a remarkable acheivement, Man Utd were so close, but I hope we're able to do it first.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
If it was easy then the any team would do it eh?! ;)

Of course it is hard - makes it even more sweeter when it happens though.

Beast

The Observer
PLEASE DO NOT SHOOT ME FOR THIS NEXT SENTENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!

For Barcelona to really go down in history and dominate european football they need to build on this success and not throw it away like in 2006.

I honestly do believe you need to win 2 or 3 more CL trophies in the next 5-6 years to go down in history among the panthoms of Real, Ac Milan and Liverpool plus the Ajax and Munich sides which won 3 in a row.

Don't shoot me just my opinion! Of course as a stand alone achievement this treble will go down in history but Barca have got to do what they have never ever done before - dominate europe.

Hopefully you don't take this the wrong way :D

Well they did won it 2 times in 3 years now.. so it's a good step for this generation despite the changes the core of Xavi-E2-Iniesta-Puyol-Valdes ..etc are still the same

Warik

Best individual season in history yes. However we need to be consistantly good to match the team which is IMO our greatest and most consistant over a number of seasons, the dream team. This team on individuals is probably the best we've had, and this season is wow...but we need to be consistant over a number of seasons to be a truly great team.

Beast

The Observer
well if you count the core players (who are still the same ) you can start by Frank second season and that makes it 3 liga's , 2 CL,1 supercup and 1 copa Del Rey

IMO greater then the 4 ligas in a row and 1 CL

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I also agree this generation is better than the 90's team, that team should have done better in europe to warrant dream team status.

IMO only Koeman, Romario and Stoichkov would walk into the current barca team oh and the gk too.

maz

I walk the line
Best individual season in history yes. However we need to be consistantly good to match the team which is IMO our greatest and most consistant over a number of seasons, the dream team. This team on individuals is probably the best we've had, and this season is wow...but we need to be consistant over a number of seasons to be a truly great team.
Yep thats pretty much what i said to jordan. Agree completely.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hard to answer. Maybe half of us remember the Cruyff`s team and even then (I speak for myself here) I don`t think we saw every single match with Hristo, Romario and co.
However, statistically, there can be no doubt. Points won, goals scored, titles won in one season... Barca 2009 takes the "Best in FCB history" accolade.

I don`t think we can appreciate this feat well enough considering the long past and all the generations that were brought up and grown old watching Barca play.

We are some lucky bastards to witness this.

Home of Barca Fans