Treble Winners - Best In FC Barcelona History?

Treble Winners - Best FC Barcelona Team In History

• Total voters

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I do think this is simply the beginning for this side as players like Messi, Iniesta, Busquets, Bojan, Alves, Piqué et al still have a lot of room for improvement and many more years at their peak. We also have a coach who is so driven and so complete that he won't repeat Rijkaard's errors. I don't necessarily agree, however, that the success being in one season negates the side being the greatest because this is the perfect season. Teams often win back to back league titles and three in a row isn't uncommon but that doesn't require the same level of perfection and achievement as one season of utter perfection. That said, the image of this side will be tainted if they don't use this as a base for domination of Spain and Europe in the next few years.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Who is this "Maz" fellow....?

Probably one of them low league team supporters like Leyton Orient. I don't think his vote should count.

nebeer

Love is All
The most important of all is that we must remain humble and thankful and strive to play football beautifully with all our souls. We have to keep getting better.

Last edited:

Evil

Shabazz
If the dream team was the best, they would have won the treble. I know they were very consistent and won the league 4 times in the row, but they never won the treble, that´s something else, no Spanish team ever did that before. So yes this team is the best in Barça´s history in terms of talent and based on THIS season, if you talk about the Pep Guardiola era and the Cruyff Era, then Cruyff definatley takes it.

maz

I walk the line
If we win a major trophy for the next two seasons (or 3 in the next 4 seasons) then i will say this is the best fcb team in history. But while we without a doubt have had the greatest season in fcb history, one great season does not mean the greatest team ever.

How can you be the best in history when you lose the hunger after you win trophies? Thats why we need to dominate.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Wise words.

It will be hard for Barca to dominate europe - but like all things the harder it is the more sweeter the success.

ANY team can have an off night in europe - which can knock you out. That I am afraid is what europe is all about.

There is no doubt Barca are capable of domination for a sustained period but there are plenty of clubs just behind them, that if barca have an off day, then those sides can beat you. They have in the past and have the ability to in the future.

I tell you know though remain humble - cause if you are all arrogant and cocky then trust me it will knock your arses down and you won't get up for a while. As Pep so rightfully said afterwards they shall remain humble and fight to win it again next year. Hope the fans heed his advice as well.

maz

I walk the line
I definitely heed his advice. Some people were saying last night we'll retain it...but as i said, to winn it is hard, but to retain it has proved impossible for every team that has tried, including fcb. We need to go into next season with the same mindset we went into this season. We are underdogs. Every team will be looking to beat us. They will see the tactics used by chelsea, and those used by man utd. We will have to break down teams even moreso than this season.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Not to take anything away from them but the dream team did win 2-3 ligas on the final day while this core walked 2 ligas so it puts it in a different perspective a little bit.
I also agree this generation is better than the 90's team, that team should have done better in europe to warrant dream team status.

IMO only Koeman, Romario and Stoichkov would walk into the current barca team oh and the gk too.
Pep....Laudrup?

Guardian

No matter what happens in the next few years, this team will be remembered for ever and will become a role model for all teams in future. Winning the CL with 7 players from your youth academy and with attacking performance is something admirable and even your bitter rivals would admit it.
Just imagine a conversation between me and maz for example in the year of 2066.
-"He...ee..yy, maz, you old man, do you remm..remm...remember FC Barcelona of 2009?"
-Ah yeah, the, the gggg, great one
- the greatest one
-yeah the greatest, what a great memory it was....*dropping a tear from his eyes*
-heyy, I'll watch the greatest games of that team on my digital family album, would you join?
-yeah, heey, where are my glasses?

beef-supreme

No vote from me yet, because
a) Yes indeed, the most successful single season team in FC Barcelona history
b) However, a team isn't strictly measured by a single season. So we still have to wait imo!

But yes, the most successful team so far, statistically and factually!

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
I think we are witnessing the best Barca team we have ever and possibly will ever see. 2 CL's in 4 years add 1 more in the next 2 or 3 years and we will become legends one of the best ever.

Home of Barca Fans