Bruno Fernandes

fergus90

Fernandes has improved them massively. 19 goals in 35 Premier league games is certainly impressive too, although 9 of them are penalties. It shows that sometimes 1 or 2 players can make a real difference to a team dynamic provided they are the right profile for what's needed.

Vilarrubi

Considering how many penalties we miss, I wouldn't exactly diminish the value of a consistent penalty taker.

Messi has improved recently tbf. He’s only missed that one the other week recently.

Saw something on Twitter about us missing I think 7/12 penalties but obviously that includes the 2 vs Cornella and the missed pens in the shootout vs Sociedad.

Vilarrubi

Isn’t there a big thing about Bruno not performing well vs top 6 sides? Sure the goal vs Liverpool in FA Cup was his only contribution against them.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Surface level statistics don't impress me. I've seen enough of him to know what his level is and he does t come anywhere close to a Debryne let a lone a cr

Dude he changed the whole dynamic of Manu, without him Solskjaer would have been already fired. He alone bring the midfield to the next level, maybe kdb is still better than him but he is definitely top3 PL player atm.

Andresito

Staff member
He's also a big leader with a winner's mentality. Always gives his all no matter if he's the biggest star or not and doesn't lose his cool easily.

Players like that who are also good skill wise are rare.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Dude he changed the whole dynamic of Manu, without him Solskjaer would have been already fired. He alone bring the midfield to the next level, maybe kdb is still better than him but he is definitely top3 PL player atm.

I think he's a good player, just not as good as he's currently made out to be hence me calling him overrated. He tends to over play quite frequently losing the ball multiple times and doesn't seem to know when to reign it in. Works fine against sides who are inferior to you but causes problems with sides who are on an equal footing or higher.

Just for reference united was on a similar trajectory with Jose (without bruno) but because of the form of City/Liverpool in multiple seasons never really came close to challenging, this would still be the case today if both city and Liverpool didn't go down multiple levels compared to previous seasons. So its not like they were never capable of that level of performance before its more so on the competitiveness and leadership he has brought.

He's also a big leader with a winner's mentality. Always gives his all no matter if he's the biggest star or not and doesn't lose his cool easily.

Players like that who are also good skill wise are rare.

Unquestionably the biggest thing I think he's brought to united and something we need more of ourselves.

Laplacian

Nobody talk about him??? Feel like he will be the man to lead Portugal to glory.

I think Respect said it before, he doesn't "look good" when he plays a lot of the time despite his great stats, so a lot of people are reluctant to praise him.

Home of Barca Fans