6 28.57%
  • German Bundesliga

0 0%
  • French League 1

0 0%
  • Spanish La Liga

14 66.67%

Thread: Stongest league in Europe

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stongest league in Europe

What do you think? Italy was it 10 years ago. But ever since it`s La Liga imo.

The Preacher
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Stongest league in Europe

For me is English Premiership.
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." Martin Luther King Jr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course La liga
    Cruyff:" El futbol es un juego al que se juega con el cerebro . "

Shabazz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair the Premiership is probably the strongest League, All their clubs are extremly strong.

Its the "strongest" yes, but not the "best" .. I think La Liga is the best. I like the clubs in Spain and the style of playing, plus I'd guarantee if clubs in La Liga had the kind of money like Chelsea and Man City to spend on players, we would easily be the strongest league. We are already one of the strongest with only Barça and Madrid being able to splash money on players, all the other clubs have small budgets, and teams like Athletic Bilbao only play with Spanish players and only allowed ads on their shirts since last season, I like teams with culture, not clubs owned by foreign business men.
    Bahrain's No.1 Culé

Messidona

Do not confuse money with strength of a league.. The fact remains that the sky sports era is very much responsible for the take off of the epl. lets face it, its in english and a lot a places follow this because the commentary is in english, the players are english, the reviews are in the english etc. there are top 4 teams in england.. everything else is crap in the prem.. in fact the only games that are decent are when the top four play each other.. in spain.. any team can beat any team at home or away.. there is more quality in the mid table in spain and all teams are strong in spain esp at home... just look at what happened this season.. valldolid vs real madrid, villareal... malaga vs sevilla, valencia sporting gijon... numancia vs barcelona... i can go on and on about this debate.. la liga is far more technical and the more attractive football to watch.. all teams can play good football in la liga.. dont let money fool you.. has nothing to do with quality

Momo un Bello Uomo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

La liga where we have no push-overs
    EPL has a 4-7 strong teams and the rest are cooks, the level of competition is much higher here.
    “Men stumble over pebbles, never over mountains”

Shabazz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on guys I have the EPL but you got to admit they got some pretty strong teams. I like La Liga more because of the points Messidona and Nof gave.

Liga is more attractive but EPL is stronger, say the EPL teams went head to head with La liga teams.

Barca Vs ManU
    Madrid Vs Chelsea
    Villareal Vs Liverpool
    Valencia Vs Arsenal
    Sevilla Vs Man City
    Athletic Bilbao Vs New Castle
    Betis Vs Tottenham
    Espanyol Vs Sunderland
    Racing Vs West Ham

They would probably win most of the matches ...
    Bahrain's No.1 Culé

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atletico Madrid?

The Preacher
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Serie A has some very strong teams as well:

Inter, Milan, Juventus, Lazio, Palermo, Udinese, Napoli, Catania, Genoa, etc.

It's really hard to make such distinctions. Although I'd still stick to my first option, namely EPL.
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." Martin Luther King Jr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

La liga....almost all teams play beautiful football and people really enjoy watching it...and i never bet on spanish teams...there's no big difference between many of them and i find it very hard to predict anything related to la liga(except barca's victory)
    Second place share italian and english leagues...but,in my opinion,far from la liga...
    german and french cant be compared with these 3
    i dont follow portuguese but i saw some matches which werent bad at all
    Disappointment is a sort of bankruptcy - the bankruptcy of a soul that expends too much in hope and expectation

BOIXOS1981

Premiership by a mile, best football and best compertition and plus we seen last season 3 sides from the league in the Semi-Finals of the Champions League. It´s a different game, more physical and a lot quicker than Lliga!

The Preacher
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOIXOS1981
    Premiership by a mile, best football and best competition and plus we seen last season 3 sides from the league in the Semi-Finals of the Champions League. It´s a different game, more physical and a lot quicker than Lliga!
    Couldn't have put it better.