Lliga | Round 35: FC Barcelona - Levante 1-0

Barcilliant

I agree this sounds fucking idiotic.

In many ways Barca should AVOID winning the game and league title on Saturday otherwise there will be celebrations leading to lack of sleep and preparedness for the most important game against Liverpool. Liverpool absolutely must be prioritised as the CL is the more important competition to win imo, that, and we have a gigantic points lead in the league with only handful of games left. Don't make this huge mistake!

Most of the first team needs to be rested. Messi can have 45 minutes to get in a rhythm and perhaps Coutinho/Dembele too. But Suarez absolutely needs rest, same for Alba, Busi, Pique etc. If EV plays a full strength squad and we fail to progress against Liverpool, he needs to go as he would have made two gigantic CL cock-ups in two years.

Exactly. Thank you.

The CL is something we NEED to win. I'm sorry but this year there is no other option. Messi is not getting younger and I'm tired of losing to inferior sides in the CL. Barca fans are tired of losing in the cl.

I think we're a better side than Liverpool but knock out competition require intensity and concentration. We have lost in the past because we lacked those attributes. If we show up with real intent and have a bit of luck we can make Liverpool look ordinary. Conversely if we show up lacking that 5% we can lose like the last time they visited Camp Nou.

FCB1987

Banned
We can put Huesca’s first 11 next week after we clinched the title of course. Some people on here are obsessed with rest and rotations. It’s not like we’re facing Real/Atletico ffs. It’s a freaking Levante. We can win this game without breaking a sweat/second gear mode. The amount of hatred on Valverde here is stupid and ridiculous though. #fucknegativity

Maybe because we've followed Barca for the past three seasons and see how shit players like Suarez, Busquets, and Rakitic can get when they play too much.

Also, Levante are in a relegation battle and playing for their lives, so they certainly won't just stand off us and let us relax like it's a testimonial

Ustari

Mou, res!
So we should rest all regulars for this game and next week too? What will happen to our morale if we lose both games? The league is still not decided yet, I prefer that we seal the league now then focus on CL. We’re just one league away from the title so we should just play the reserves?

Howlgrana

So we should rest all regulars for this game and next week too? What will happen to our morale if we lose both games? The league is still not decided yet, I prefer that we seal the league now then focus on CL. We’re just one league away from the title so we should just play the reserves?

Er...yes? We're 3 days away from the Liverpool game, no-one is saying lose the Levante game on purpose but to play a weakened side. I did say that I am not sure that winning the league title 3 days before a more important CL clash will necessarily benefit them, as it will lead to celebrations and maybe a lack of intensity. However, I am not a psychologist, so I don't know what is the best prep for the Liverpool game.

In a wider sense, Barca have won 9 of the last 11 La Liga titles or something ludicrous. It is time to stop making the same mistake of not focusing 101% on the CL in situations like this. Especially when the league is more or less a given. The CL is far more important and EV needs to realise this. There's no excuse for watching from the sidelines Real Madrid winning 4 CL in the last 5 years when we've had clearly the stronger side in most of those years. Sure, it was freakish for RM to win 3 on the trot, but on the other hand, Barca could and should have stopped them on a couple of those occasions.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Playing a full strength team just before big CL match is ridiculous. Idiotic as well, after Barca suffered one of their biggest humiliations a year ago in the same circumstances under same limited brained coach.

And argument that it's important to win against Levante is stupid as well. The fuck we have this point gap for other than have the luxury of rotating when needed?!
Can only take the team off focus. Besides, slipping up usually means bigger effort in the next match.

Valverde hasnt got a clue about psychology but it's not a surprise at all way he treats players.

Sorry, one tries to stay positive but can only take so much retardation early in the morning.

Barca has, hands down, the stupidest manager among top clubs in the world.

Kul_z

What a bunch of nonsenses. Its not like we havent won la liga in a decade so players would be in celebration mood all over their head. Especially Messi, i think everyone at the club knows what cl this year means. Go all out this evening, secure that shit and let them rest next weekend and go fresh at anfield. You guys are something else

serghei

We can secure this shit without putting in our best 11. There is an enormous gap in quality between even our squad players and Levante's. And we're playing at home. Malcom would instantly become Levante's best player by a mile if he was playing for them.

There is this fucked up narrative, as if resting some key players would mean giving away a game vs Levante at home. :lol: As if Messi would be the difference maker between these sides.

The mentality of this team should be: yes it is a must win game, and yes we're resting some players for wednesday. Those two aren't by no means mutually exclusive.

Don't wanna see a key player playing the full game today. Because we're gonna have to give more effort than we usually do vs Liverpool to take a good lead in England.

Plus, Levante is in a relegation fight, they will go hard. Let's avoid possible injuries at the worst time.

I would like to see Semedo, Todibo, Malcom, Dembele, Alena, and Vidal. That's 6 players who probably won't start vs Liverpool and who happen to be top players.

Last edited:

Messi983

I agree this sounds fucking idiotic.

In many ways Barca should AVOID winning the game and league title on Saturday otherwise there will be celebrations leading to lack of sleep and preparedness for the most important game against Liverpool. Liverpool absolutely must be prioritised as the CL is the more important competition to win imo, that, and we have a gigantic points lead in the league with only handful of games left. Don't make this huge mistake!.

Lol

These guys are professionals. They can win the title, celebrate for a few hours and then get their heads straight, rest and prepare for a game in 4 days.

It's not like they will get dead drunk and sleep until Tuesday.:lol:

Howlgrana

Lol

These guys are professionals. They can win the title, celebrate for a few hours and then get their heads straight, rest and prepare for a game in 4 days.

It's not like they will get dead drunk and sleep until Tuesday.:lol:

Lol of course, I know they won't be that stupid. But I think if their mentality is off by 5-10% against Liverpool, we'll pay the price. I'm just so scared about this Liverpool side man. Anyway let's see how they line up against Levante.

Kul_z

We can secure this shit without putting in our best 11. There is an enormous gap in quality between even our squad players and Levante's. And we're playing at home. Malcom would instantly become Levante's best player by a mile if he was playing for them.

There is this fucked up narrative, as if resting some key players would mean giving away a game vs Levante at home. :lol: As if Messi would be the difference maker between these sides.

The mentality of this team should be: yes it is a must win game, and yes we're resting some players for wednesday. Those two aren't by no means mutually exclusive.

Don't wanna see a key player playing the full game today. Because we're gonna have to give more effort than we usually do vs Liverpool to take a good lead in England.

Plus, Levante is in a relegation fight, they will go hard. Let's avoid possible injuries at the worst time.

I would like to see Semedo, Todibo, Malcom, Dembele, Alena, and Vidal. That's 6 players who probably won't start vs Liverpool and who happen to be top players.

Messi at the bench or start and substituted at hour mark, suarez day off, dembele for coutinho or vice versa, prince full match, alba day off, rakitic day off or busi/rakitic sub for each half or hour mark. Pique sub, lenglet and umtiti cb pair, alena, arthur, vidal, riqui, we have some quality back up. Just win this tonight and have a full focus on cl!

Calidad

And what will you say on Wed when Messi is walking around and Suarez, Rakitic etc look gassed? How many games has Suarez even sat out this season? Literally none.

If you can’t rest players for a CL semi final when the league is all but wrapped up, when do you?

Last edited:

FCBfan22

-----------------MATS------------------
(*)--------Todibo----Lenglet----Umtiti
-----------------Rakitić----------------
----------Alena---------Vidal-----------
---Malcom------Messi------Dembele---

*Whoever doesn't start on Wednsday.

Subs (that must be done):
Messi for Prince at 60th minute regardless of the result.
Rakitić for Busquets at 70th minute.

We can win with this lineup 11 times out of 12 vs Levante.

Home of Barca Fans