8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to seeing us lift the title in person :barca:

I definitely think it's going to be a mixed line-up with a few subs here and there, nothing crazy. I would completely rest Messi and rest Suarez for maybe 30 minutes at least, but I don't see this happening. I'm not too worried about Pique, I always feel our defenders don't really exert that much effort. If you see our CB's during any game, they are strolling around for about 75% of the time. They have to make about 3-4 darting runs in the entirety of most games, I can't imagine that's very tiring, but the risk of injuries is of course, always present.
    f. Signatures must not slow down the forum (no gifs, maximum size 30kb and 700 wide x 200 tall pixels for images OR 5 lines of text (in english/catalan/castellano)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Valverde says only one or two rotations but surely there needs to be more. He rested the whole team before playing a weaker team in United where we had a goal advantage with the same amount of days rest till the game. Players will need the same if not more playing this high tempo Liverpool team

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suarez should not play.

We don't need another I should've rested interview in 14 days time with only 1/4 games needed to win to clinch the title.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gari View Post
    Valverde: "We do not want to fail tomorrow, we want to be champions in front of our fans."
    "The Liverpool game is on our minds, but we also have to focus on tomorrow's game."
    "Winning the title tomorrow would boost our moral for the game against Liverpool."
    "It is possible that there will be some change, but we have four days until the Liverpool game and winning a title tomorrow is very powerful in the face of Wednesday's game, much more than fatigue"
    HE IS A FUCKING IDIOT. I remember Barca winning the league just before the 94 cup final against Milan. All the celebrations took the focus off the Milan match and we were destroyed. It's not only physical, it's mental. We can put the league on ice. This first leg is HUGE. We fuck up the him leg and we may not have a chance at Anfield.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "winning a title tomorrow is very powerful in the face of Wednesday's game, much more than fatigue"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think hes wrong. The only players I would like to see rested are Busquets and Suarez.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcilliant View Post
    HE IS A FUCKING IDIOT. I remember Barca winning the league just before the 94 cup final against Milan. All the celebrations took the focus off the Milan match and we were destroyed. It's not only physical, it's mental. We can put the league on ice. This first leg is HUGE. We fuck up the him leg and we may not have a chance at Anfield.
    Well,what is he supposed to say?That "we have the league in the bag and don't give a fuck about Levante"?

I am confident that we'll see many rotations and most starters won't play more than 45 minutes
    The official Barcaforum 2016/17 MotM thread

"At Barcelona, you’ll hear about this kid on the youth team. He wears number 10 like you. He’s small like you. He plays with the ball like you.[...]His name is Leo Messi.[...]I want you to give him one piece of advice.

Tell him, “Play with happiness. Play free. Just play with the ball.”

Even when you are gone, the free style will live on in Barcelona through Messi."

Ronaldinho Gaucho,to his 8 year old self

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So your suggestion is to avoid winning the league this weekend?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say play at full team minus Vidal (yes he get to play wednesday), lenglet (i dont remember he dropped match after taking umtiti's first team role), and semedo (yes ahead of sergi on wednesday).

So:

TS
    Sergi Umtiti Pique Alba
    Rakitic Busquet Arthur
    Messi Suarez Dembele

Later you can sub out Messi, Arthur (as he always do for Alena), and either Alba/Dembele (for Coutinho or whoever is there to cover Alba)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree this sounds fucking idiotic.

In many ways Barca should AVOID winning the game and league title on Saturday otherwise there will be celebrations leading to lack of sleep and preparedness for the most important game against Liverpool. Liverpool absolutely must be prioritised as the CL is the more important competition to win imo, that, and we have a gigantic points lead in the league with only handful of games left. Don't make this huge mistake!

Most of the first team needs to be rested. Messi can have 45 minutes to get in a rhythm and perhaps Coutinho/Dembele too. But Suarez absolutely needs rest, same for Alba, Busi, Pique etc. If EV plays a full strength squad and we fail to progress against Liverpool, he needs to go as he would have made two gigantic CL cock-ups in two years.

Mou, res!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can put Huesca’s first 11 next week after we clinched the title of course. Some people on here are obsessed with rest and rotations. It’s not like we’re facing Real/Atletico ffs. It’s a freaking Levante. We can win this game without breaking a sweat/second gear mode. The amount of hatred on Valverde here is stupid and ridiculous though. #fucknegativity
    Sergi Roberto No 2 fan

High Definition Member

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a lot of overreactions, and already coming up with a fake reason to criticise valverde if barca happen to go out. many guys already got rest last week, and some guys will get rest this week/get taken off early. the game will be low intensity aswell, it's Levante at home.

barca will be rested. if they go out it will be for other reasons. and of course they're going to try and win the game, what kind of bs is this losing a game on purpose?

if they win the league now, they can get a full rest at Celta away, which is more important to get ready for Liverpool away, as the first leg will have been intense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both Messi and Suarez need to be rested for sure. It would be foolish to take any chances being this close to the final.