Lliga | Round 34: Alaves - FC Barcelona 0-2

JerseyAddict

Ok. So. That Suarez miss... If he does that vs Lpool he should be booted out the Club ASAP.

Can't believe how much dead sitters he can fail just to score one neck breaking volley.

clemente

Can someone explain how can this be +4 min added but Villareal game time wastery with 4 goals and red cards was +3 min. I swear they just roll the dice over there

fergus90

Played well as a team without Messi (for 60 mins) away from home! One step closer to the title!

It's weird to say this as Messi is the greatest of all time but there are occasions (although he has had to save us hundreds of times) where we have looked fine without Messi as the team does't feel the need to create everything through him.

Howlgrana

Couple of things:

- Love seeing Alena playing well in the first team, he really should be given more chances to become a key player in the coming years. An academy product like him is needed to retain the Catalan identity and footballing philosophy of the club bred through La Masia.

- Countinho continues to concern me. Looks good in spells but he needs to shoot in occasions when he passesinstead and pass when he tries to dribble. He's losing the ball too much and doesn't seem to fit. Unlike Dembele, he's much more experienced as a footballer and older so should settle into Barca style quicker, but Dembele looks a better bet to do that.

Centauri B

It's weird to say this as Messi is the greatest of all time but there are occasions (although he has had to save us hundreds of times) where we have looked fine without Messi as the team does't feel the need to create everything through him.

For the 11 years that Messi has been our number one player, there have been several occasions in which we had great games without him. It seems to me that when the players know that Messi will not be available beforehand, they tend to raise their game. When Messi is on the pitch, our players too often expect him to make the difference. Even worse, when Messi is having a bad day, the rest of our players tend to play even worse themselves.

Some of our great games w/o Messi (off the top of my head) Barca-Inter (2010, GS 2-0) Barca-Real Madrid (2015/16 4-0) both games against Inter this season, Barca- Real Madrid 5-1 this season. I am sure I am forgetting some more.

Home of Barca Fans