Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

Barcilliant

This debacle has to have repercussions. As usual the board are hiding and gauging the mood of the fans.
Valverde and some senior players HAVE to go.
Some senior players need to rise the bench. Two or three quality players need to be brought in.

Most importantly we need a manager who is big enough to take unpopular decisions and handle the transition to a new era.

Devils

Minus Messi and Vidal, i wont be care to see a single one of the starting XI from this match leave in the summer.

Saladin

Still can't believe it. Talk about snatching defeat from the Jaws of victory.

Same here, still gutted. What a fucking shambolic display of defeatist attitude from our team, from coach to player. Finally the rug just burst wide open with all the shit this board and Valverde has been piling underneath it.

Centauri B

We’ve also got some second rate players playing as starters .

Against the top teams we have players on the pitch who’d struggle to get on the opposition’s bench !

Yes, some of our players are totally useless against top opposition (Rakitic, Coutinho, sometimes Suarez, Roberto)

In matter of fact, our CdR game vs Real Madrid in which we won 0-3, was worse in terms of performance than the Anfield game. It was just that Real Madrid were totally hopeless in terms of finishing.

jairzinho

It was probably the worse match in the club's history. Surely the worse in the last 15 years.

Probably the worse match in 2 decades.

What's worse is Ernie is still here.

The guy has no shame.

Any self respecting manager would resign after a defeat like that.

brockg777

Well, after 10 years as a fan, I picked the an awful match to my first in person (in Europe). Valverde is not Barca material as a coach, never has been. If it's true that the senior players are backing him because he won't bench them, then this is their faults too. I'm beginning to think the only hope of beginning correct restructuring and making the most of Messi's remaining years is if we somehow lose the Copa final.

FC B

Tried structuring a response to this thread based on the 2nd leg performance but failed to do so.

Best thing i think we could do? Approach Klopp after the Champions League Final! Premier league title is looking unlikely , he wins the Champions league, what a high to end his Liverpool tenure on. We need a manager like Klopp, a coach the team will trust whilst playing good high pressure football.

Imo only Klopp himself could resurrect Barcelona and prepare it very well for the fast approaching post Messi era...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
i wonder if klopp or poch would be available if either of them lose the CL final

Neither. Klopp won't be let go even if Liverpool loses the CL final while Poch clearly said he would never coach us.

Not to mention Valverde is here to stay, at least for the next season.

Home of Barca Fans