Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Champions League Semi Final

Wednesday 1st of May 2019. 21:00CET

paYnEE8hcrP96neHRNofhQ_96x96.png
-
0iShHhASp5q1SL4JhtwJiw_96x96.png

Final before the final.

--------

Gari

Liverpool is overvalued and it's good. Their tactics are kicking the free zone forward and their trios run away. The rest of the time they defend themselves. Valverde knows this. They can be defeated at home and away, if you do not let them tear our defense.

Devils

I've said it in the chat. This Liverpool is just a diet MSN Barca. Their team is so front heavy and they lack quality in mid and defense (minus VVD). Barcelona are more balanced and should dominate the midfield.

We need to beat them in the same way Juve beat us in 2017 and make it extremely difficult for Liverpool to feed their front trio.

What I'm worried about is Busi and his garbage form this season. He's become very press vulnerable and it could be a big problem against Liverpool.

KingLeo10

glorious fixture between 10 time European Cup holders.

I'm confident we'll come out on top, though. :messi1:

Blaugranaa

Liverpool are the kind of team that will score on the chances that United missed. This worries me but I also know we have the team that can decide this on Camp Nou.

Leo_Messi

Liverpool will probably be our hardest test in the CL so far if not the entire season. We are talking about a Liverpool team that is poised to record their highest point total in history. Who might actually win the EPL after 29 years of title drought. A team that reached the CL final last season. One of the most well-oiled machines managed by one of the best managers out there in Klopp. With a scary attack in Mané, Firmino and Saleh. Great defense led by VVD and two great wing-backs in Alexander-Arnold and Robertson. Their midfield trio of Fabinho, Keita and Henderson/Milner might not be overly scary on paper but should not be underestimated. Not to mention their pace, pressing and overall energy. They are a young side too unlike our team. Last years run gave them the needed experience in the CL too. As have their title run against Man City where every game counts. In short they have all the tools to hurt us. They are light-years ahead of the likes of Lyon and Man Utd.

I would still consider us the favorites but not by much. It will be really close and the key will be for us to obtain a favorable result at the Camp Nou in the first leg. A game that I most likely will attend. If not we might be in for some trouble at Anfield. Hopefully the genius that is Messi will be the difference. Suárez might even score a goal at last against his former team as well.:lol:

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Playing the second leg away worries me. We could win 3-0 at Camp Nou and then lose there easily.

Blaugranaa

To me it's important that we get into the game with confidence. Being able to pass the ball without getting in trouble and giving away a counter attack. We've often been shaky which will make Liverpool licking their lips. Then step by step we will have to keep control and get our shots on goal. If we started on Anfield I think we could get into trouble too fast which could leave us with Roma/PSG/Juventus results. Then it doesn't matter that you have a home game in hand when the mountain is too big to climb. Even a 0-0 or 1-1 draw at home will keep this tie way open.

Devils

For me, playing the first game at home is better, solely because I think if we get a good result at Camp Nou (a match which we will be favorites) we will be extra motivated to avoid another Roma situation.

I think it will add more incentive and motivation to our players and manager play be much more focused and intensive at Ainfield. Last few years (including this one) we've struggled hard when we'd played the away leg first.

We have to blindside them at Camp Nou though. As great as Ainfield is on a European night, Camp Nou is the current dominant fortress of Europe.

Home of Barca Fans