Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

jairzinho

If Messi is on fire they can't beat us. Alot of people are underestimating this Barca team. That's good for a change.

I've read someone talking about 0/0 or 1/0 as a satisfying result; another suggesting to play a defensive game.
I don't like that at all; You talk as if our opponent is facing Everton or Burnley, lol. Sorry, this is FC Barcelona here! Respecting the opponent doesn't mean going with a loosers mentality !
On paper, we are the best team of Europe if we exploit all our potentiel and if we are mentally prepared to win.
Liverpool FC is doing well under Klopp now because they are pushing their limits and fighting to win, not just to avoid conceiding!
I have a huge faith on our team to deliver a big performance in Semi-Final.
It doesn't matter how are the circustamces and the scenario of the match. We can score 2 goals in the first 20 minutes and then lose concentration and lose. We can also conceide an early goal but we respond with a great performance and go to the final.
Every minute, every ball, every detail in the game will be important. We must prepare in that way; being the Barça we know. We will need to create as many big chances as possible; If we can score 5 goals, why not. Remember the Remuntada game vs Paris where Enrique said before the match that we will score 6 goals. We should keep this mentality really, because it's more than a simple game; it's a real battle that requires a lot of faith, desire, stamina, courage, intelligence, awareness, talent, experience, cohesive team play.. If we give it all, we will absolutely win it, even at Anfield too!

About the line-up, I'm probably not a tactician, but I think Dembelé should play that game (pace, direct explosiveness). We should use all the weapons we have to win. Visca Barça! Come on, Compeones! :barcascarf:

Last edited:

neo_wolf

Like i said in another thread, i saw both legs of liverpool vs porto and porto wasted a lot of great chances against liverpool.
We will get even more and better chances and we have the players to finish those chances.

Like i said in another thread, i saw both legs of liverpool vs porto and porto wasted a lot of great chances against liverpool.
We will get even more and better chances and we have the players to finish those chances.

it's not the same. Liverpool obviously played a little more relaxed, but that won't happen against barca.
On paper, they have the better team. they are a very fast and physical team. On top of that, Barca have one of the slowest Defensive midfielders in the Champions league, so good luck to us trying to stop Liverpool's counter attacks. We are not favorites, and that's clear to see. The Premier league is a tougher competition this year and liverpool are doing so good there.

Sasuke85

The key thing is not to concede any goal at home. We have all witnessed how terrible this was for Man City in their latest match against Tottenham.

I'd be happy with a 0-0 draw at Nou Camp. Then we will crash them at Anfield.

clemente

I just don't see how can we win, hope I'm wrong but they are way too fast for our midfield, they will be running circles around us. Busquets will be a massive problem and if Roberto plays it will be laughable.

Howlgrana

Liverpool is the one team that I feared Barca being drawn against. Their style of 100-mph high-intensity, physically robust football always causes Barca problems. Liverpool play this fast style of football so well, I am really concerned.

Barca tend to start very slow until they get into their rhythm, sometimes it takes them the whole first half to start playing well (like against Man Utd away) which could kill them against Liverpool. If Busquets plays as bad as he did away to Man Utd where he kept giving the ball away in our own half leading to chances and counter attacks, it won't be pretty. The concern is Barca seem to mostly play poorly away from home.

So this game is where EV has to earn his worth as manager. He needs to ensure they do not start slow and without control of the ball like they often do away. Somehow, Barca need to not concede in the first leg whilst scoring at least a goal as I can't see Liverpool losing at home. So he NEEDS to modify the tactics to try and neutralise Liverpool storming forward with the ball. It's a cliche but he needs another man in the midfield alongside Busi to this end, personally I would like to see Sergi Roberto there but Vidal could work as a last resort as long as he is accurate with his passing.

If we see Barca line-up the same as they did against Man Utd it will be a terrible dereliction of duty from the manager and I know Liverpool will be victorious over the two legs.

I just don't see how can we win, hope I'm wrong but they are way too fast for our midfield, they will be running circles around us. Busquets wll be a massive problem and if Roberto plays it will be laughable.

I agree about Busi potentially being exploited big time given his performance against Man Utd in the first leg, but Roberto is one of the few options to put in midfield as an extra man. Who else? Vidal?

Howlgrana

There is an advantage for Barca outside the obvious (ok it is obvious as well but):

Liverpool fighting tooth and nail for the title, playing that 100mph style all season simply has to take a toll physically come May. Barca will be much more rested (this could have the unintended effect of seeing us start slow like against Man Utd when EV similarly rested most of the first team the game before) whereas Liverpool will likely be on their game from the first minute. But as each match reaches the final quarter, Barca can and should make their physical advantage show. The style of play of Liverpool, high-intensity EPL style, has this one weakness - it cannot be maintained for 90 minutes. Whereas Barca can play their style of game for 120 minutes+ without a large physical decline.

clemente

I agree about Busi potentially being exploited big time given his performance against Man Utd in the first leg, but Roberto is one of the few options to put in midfield as an extra man. Who else? Vidal?

I was talking about Roberto as RB, no way EV will change his Arthur-Busquets-Rakitic midfield.

FC B

Barca need to win 3 more games in the CL to lift the trophy. I think 3 wins should be the aim. I've said it since the beginning of the season: I believe Messi when he said "We will do everything to get the CL to Barcelona again". An advantage Barca have is that they can rest for a week before both games, while Liverpool need to win all games in the PL to stay in the race. This is the first time in like forever where Messi and Barca have been able to rest before and prepare better for the CL knockout games, like Ronaldo and Real Madrid have done the last 3 years. Let's hope it helps.

No, Barca only needs to win a single more game in CL to lift the trophy, the final, they can draw 1-1 at Camp Nou and make a 2-2 away at Anfield for instance.

Mido

I wouldn't be overconfident as some members here seem to be.

On a tactical level, they can really make it hard for Barcelona in some phases of the game, but I highly doubt they would be easily able to put on some high pressure on the Blaugrana for the full 90 minutes.

In my opinion, Barca should bank on timing, when and where to press, slow down the pace at times, step it up at others.

If Liverpool tries to jump on Barca right from the start, Barca should be ready to keep their composure and be patient, block the punches, feint, not overpunch yourself, and let Liverpool slow down their pace.

Busquets could play a key role in this game.

Howlgrana

I was talking about Roberto as RB, no way EV will change his Arthur-Busquets-Rakitic midfield.

I fear this too, but it will just show a kind of naivety and arrogance at the same time from EV, or even lack of authority to implement his tactics. This Liverpool side as so strong they need special tactics to beat, like someone said, they're on course for their highest points total ever and have only conceded 9 goals in the CL this season.

The problem with setting up in that midfield trio is Busquets being vulnerable to pressing and very slow and Arthur being very inexperienced. I am a big Arthur fan, but he is simply not yet used to dictating play in a big European tie in a cauldron like Anfield (he's 22 and this is his first season in European football! Amazing really). He was anonymous in Old Trafford and that is excusable given his inexperience and time at the club.

JPM85

I am delighted we have such a semi-final fixture again. Same as the Bayern one in 2015, the match in Camp Nou will be crucial for our tactics in Liverpool. Would be happy with a 2-0 / 3-1 win at the Camp Nou, because it will change the way Liverpool needs to attack at their home.

Really hoping for a Ajax - Barcelona final, because it's a dream coming, but I don't have any bad feeling about all 4 semi finalist. Would be happy for all of them winning the cup :blush:

Barca, our team and Messi will succeed in his words that this season they will bring the cup home again.
Ajax, story to be written in these times where money rules the world. Also being Dutch it's the only team that gets my support
Liverpool, really likely team with Klopp. Their history and way they are back on top again.
Tottemham, no oil/gas money club, but just hard work to get them where they are.

raskolnikov

I am delighted we have such a semi-final fixture again. Same as the Bayern one in 2015, the match in Camp Nou will be crucial for our tactics in Liverpool. Would be happy with a 2-0 / 3-1 win at the Camp Nou, because it will change the way Liverpool needs to attack at their home.

Really hoping for a Ajax - Barcelona final, because it's a dream coming, but I don't have any bad feeling about all 4 semi finalist. Would be happy for all of them winning the cup :blush:

Barca, our team and Messi will succeed in his words that this season they will bring the cup home again.
Ajax, story to be written in these times where money rules the world. Also being Dutch it's the only team that gets my support
Liverpool, really likely team with Klopp. Their history and way they are back on top again.
Tottemham, no oil/gas money club, but just hard work to get them where they are.
I share the same thoughts. No Chelsea,psg,City or Real or defensive clubs like Juve/Atletico. Its great for a change.

Home of Barca Fans