Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I remember Messi gave one against Bayern in 15. Was rare back then and is even now.

Dunno if he will ever give one again but him giving a pre-match press conference oddly makes me feel optimistic.

Yup, I remember that press conference. It was fire and if people weren’t already confident about the tie beforehand, they sure as hell were after. Wish he could’ve done something similar for this semi, but maybe he will do the press conference for the final if we can get there.

Howlgrana

Doesn't work like that, sorry.

On the ball, Messi makes the difference, off the ball he is a liability in defensive transition. For us the have any chance in this tie we need him doing more than he usually does.

Unless people really expect him to dribble half the Liverpool team like he does with the likes of Eibar and Huesca.

I believe in Messi all the way but he simply needs to give more effort off the ball. If he does we have a great shot to win the CL this year.

OK then. Then we should all relax, because Messi is playing his best season ever and he's just going to take the ball from the halfway line, dribble everyone for Liverpool and score like he did vs Madrid in those matches from CL. Easy peasy.

Seriously, Messi's 2011 level is a level above what he is playing now.

It's simple - if you ask Messi to track back all the time, he is away from the opposition box where he can score. He also loses energy for when he wants to attack. You lose offense if you ask him to defend.

The best scenario is to have him track back to order when the team is out of defensive shape, which he generally does do, but still mostly roam free. Against Liverpool he'll need to track back a little more than usual.

Neymessi

Yup, I remember that press conference. It was fire and if people weren’t already confident about the tie beforehand, they sure as hell were after. Wish he could’ve done something similar for this semi, but maybe he will do the press conference for the final if we can get there.

Like Liverpool this time, Bayern looked like the biggest threat, so he would have given it this time if he wanted to and not final.

Howlgrana

This Ajax team is the real deal.

2nd half they didnt look as good, which is to be expected as they totally dominated first 45.

Some naive aspects to their play though - when they are getting grabbed or wrestled off the ball they should go down tactically to get the foul. Instead they just let Spurs man-handle them.

raskolnikov

Ajax will do a lot better at home next week snd are in a great position to reach the final. Would be an amazing final against them if we get by Liverpool.
Whoch logically should be way tougher. A cruyff final in Madrid is the dream.

viper76

I have 0 faith in Retado,playing SR and Coutinho + our Super slow midfield against the pace of Liverpool is asking for trouble

Barcilliant

Liverpool will press VERY hard in the first 10 minutes for a goal. That's the time we're usually vulnerable. After that they will sit back and maybe have a couple of sporadic periods of intensity.

We have to make sure we start well and keep up the pressure

clemente

Liverpool fans already making a mess in the city and attacking people.
Hope we batter these RATS and then police give them another beating while they are leaving the stadium.

raskolnikov

Hope we batter these RATS and then police give them another beating while they are leaving the stadium.

English fans across the border turn into absolute scum.
Most chill city on earth yet they manage to cause problems.

Barcilliant

Fucking scum. Uefa need to take action against clubs whose fans do this. A fine of 10 million euros, force them to play all home cl games in group stage behind closed doors.

Home of Barca Fans