Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Seems the Valverde cheerleaders are slowly coming out of the sewers. So here is a reminder of the lineup that dicked on this Barcelona

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Milner, Henderson, Mane, Shaqiri, Origi.

serghei

Seems the Valverde cheerleaders are slowly coming out of the sewers. So here is a reminder of the lineup that dicked on this Barcelona

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Milner, Henderson, Mane, Shaqiri, Origi.

And Klopp. Without Klopp that team never gets close to what they've achieved in the CL in the last 2 seasons.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
And Klopp. Without Klopp that team never gets close to what they've achieved in the CL in the last 2 seasons.

Absolutely. With them having Klopp and Barca having Valverde it just showed you that much clearer how impact a WC coach can have.

serghei

Absolutely. With them having Klopp and Barca having Valverde it just showed you that much clearer how impact a WC coach can have.

Which is what most of us were predicting to begin with. That Klopp will expose how weak mentality Valverde has. Happened to a T.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Which is what most of us were predicting to begin with. That Klopp will expose how weak mentality Valverde has. Happened to a T.

I"ll be honest , after that Messi masterclass and Liverpool not taking their chances in the Camp Nou. Followed by Liverpool core players dropping like flies cause of injuries. I thought no matter how incompetent Valverde is , even he wouldn't be able to fuck it up. Safe to say I was completely wrong. :lol:

serghei

I"ll be honest , after that Messi masterclass and Liverpool not taking their chances in the Camp Nou. Followed by Liverpool core players dropping like flies cause of injuries. I thought no matter how incompetent Valverde is , even he wouldn't be able to fuck it up. Safe to say I was completely wrong. :lol:

Our chance was that they would get another bad finishing day. But it didn't happen. A lot of their chances went in this time and we missed our few ones. When that happened it was good night.

Our defense was never good enough to defend deep against Liverpool. We leaked chance and caved under their pressure. We survived in the first game, with some pieces of top football for some players, notably Messi, Alba and Suarez, but capitulated in the 2nd leg.

You can see how bad Valverde is when he used the same team on Anfield, even though Liverpool dominated us on Camp Nou. Liverpool only needed to change one thing in the return leg, take their chances.

Last edited:

jairzinho

Thought the same thing. No way we would blow a lead of that size with 2 of their best players missing.

cris29

Just watched Dembele's two chances again and my god. If he had passed the first one we'd have scored. If he had taken a second touch in the 2nd we'd have scored. Alba got a lot of shit for his two errors in the 2nd leg, but Dembele has seemingly escaped a lot of criticism.

vlad

Just watched Dembele's two chances again and my god. If he had passed the first one we'd have scored. If he had taken a second touch in the 2nd we'd have scored. Alba got a lot of shit for his two errors in the 2nd leg, but Dembele has seemingly escaped a lot of criticism.

Yes, dembele did waste those sitters, but still, blow up 3:0 lead without a single fired bullet... Thats something, im afraid this squad beside incompetent coach have such loser mentality that 4:0 score wouldnt be enough, epic chokers, you cant mock psg in cl anymore after this

Home of Barca Fans