Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

Andrew M

We need to be able to have possession in these games. It really makes you realize how incredible Xavi was.

In hostile games like this the momentum of the opposition is just too much and we end up cowering on the edge of our penalty box. We looked liked were facing a firing squad in that 2nd half.

The ability to take possession and castrate the game is something we have lost.

blueandclaret

We need changes, but some of your doom and gloom comments are 100% emotional reactions. New coach, a few changes and we could win CL. The trick is what those changes should be and how well they will be executed.
The problem though is deep down we all know those changes won’t happen. Next year will mostly be the same other than a couple additions. There are a lot of the same changes that have needed to be made since 2016.

JPM85

We should get the Ajax guy to run things for two years and have Xavi working alongside his team .

He’d could move across seamlessly.. bringing FDJ and De Ligt , build the team around those two , Steg in goal ... Messi and Arthur.

I definitely think Ten Hag is a good coach and knows how to set-up the team for the matches, but let him work on a rejuvenated Ajax side next years and get experience of building tactics around new players. He learned a great deal from Pep at Bayern, and did a very good job at Utrecht. In case he delivers good football in Europe and domestic again, then he is definitely the guy for the job, but now he is too in-experienced.

I would go for Quique Setién or Ronald Koeman (experienced, altough not sticking to Barca DNA play) and let Xavi do the Barca B team

serghei

We need to be able to have possession in these games. It really makes you realize how incredible Xavi was.

In hostile games like this the momentum of the opposition is just too much and we end up cowering on the edge of our penalty box. We looked liked were facing a firing squad in that 2nd half.

We have lost it because we have hired managers who have no fucking clue how the keep possession while pressured. The pass and move we used to play is nowhere to be found today.

kilian

Sorry my bad English but I had to write this letter to have my feelings out.

It is very clear that we lack physicality and muscularity.

Of course Barcelona DNA is built on intelligence, technicality and teamwork - but even in the glory days we had various negro workers with physicality and drive. Now? A team of slow dwarfs. Even our non-technical players are weak like Rakitic. Sergi Roberto has no business at right back...he is one of the least physical players in history. He might not even have a place in the team. Lenglet? A symbol for everything wrong with this team.

Unfortunately our negro players such as Dembele, Semedo and Malcom also cannot be trusted. Maybe they have the physicality but they have zero brain. I know there is a trade off, but the small amount they bring is not enough to accept the deal.

Look at Mane, Wijnaldum, Fabinho, Arnold, Origi....these negro players are VITAL to the team for their running for 90 minutes, physical strength. Maybe none are at the pinnacle of technical quality but they make the team function cohesively.

We are a team of physically weak, slow, sideways passers...a few brainless clowns, and Messi.

Our first thought should be Pogba, Kante, Ferland Mendy etc.

Negro players? :lol:
Wtf is this? :lol:

Zidane82

Arthur can do the Xavi role better than anyone else I’ve seen since but he was on the bench next to Samedo .. I’d have also played Malcom in place of Coutinho for that particular game

Centauri B

Mourinho: "That 4th goal, if you see that in an U14 or U15 match you would say the kids have no mentality to play football. To concede that goal really shows you a state of mind! How to justify that is very difficult. I'd like to see Valverde explain that." [bein]

Mourinho is gunning for Barca job.

Centauri B

The utter ignorance of a lot of users on this forum for any feelings beyond their own personal one speaks volumes.

They are multi-millionaires with lifestyles you and me can not even dream of. Moreover, they are worshiped as demi-gods or superheroes. Young and beautiful women want to suck their dicks. They did not even make it out of high school.

Yes, we should feel for them.

Home of Barca Fans