Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

JedBanker

[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]Universal
Lionel Messi was directly was directly involved in all eight of Barcelona's shots tonight against Liverpool:
• 5 shots attempted
• 3 chances created
One man team. Ridicilous.
Why does Messi always have to make the difference; score or assist the decider? Didn't we pay €150m for Coutinho? Isn't Suarez supposed to be the best striker in the world? Where are they when Messi has an average (compared to his own level) day? Football is cruel.

Sadly that has pretty much been the story of this whole season, a one man team with a bunch of average players. If any of the Barca mids or strikers had any pride they would hand in their jerseys and leave the club.

Team is so weak mentally, as soon as the first goal went in I could see from their body language it was game over so not shocked as much as I would have been. A big portion of the fanbase can't moan either because most Barca fans are just as mentally weak as the players are - always negative and not passionate enough - a team in the image of it's fanbase

eaman

Actually looking back it was kinda like the first leg reversed. We didn't take our chances and they took theirs. We really should have gotten that one goal

Season ruined and definitely over for me now. Fuck the league and the copa. That’s not what we wanted after watching our rivals lift the CL three times in as many seasons. Embarrassed by supporting this club right now considering how weak they are mentally. They really must be a bunch of whipped men at home like I thought.

Same as the fanbase, when I saw some Barca fans singing 'You'll never Walk Alone' before the game after a week of absolute despicable behaviour from Liverpool fans, I thought to myself this fanbase is not passionate enough, not giving their heart for the team and look what happened on the pitch - the players did exactly the same.

jairzinho

Team is so weak mentally, as soon as the first goal went in I could see from their body language it was game over so not shocked as much as I would have been. A big portion of the fanbase can't moan either because most Barca fans are just as mentally weak as the players are - always negative and not passionate enough - a team in the image of it's fanbase

Dude stfu. The team is weak because the coach is weak. He failed miserably 2nd year running, learnt absolutely nothing from the disaster last year and needs to leave ASAP. The fambase shouldn’t be blamed for this scandalous display.

neo_wolf

I thought we reacted well after the first goal, it was even and we had great chances, but the second half was another story.

LMessi85

What the actual f*ck!!!!! After as roma this happens again but now liverpool? What a disgrace!! How could you give away such a lead?!

booge

we are weak. i mean i switched off after the first goal. maybe messi has made too weak at the knee over the years with his gentle , fluid play, soft death touch passing and dream like celebrations and goat images.

therefore we become weak when the going gets tough. no back bones, just players with paint brushes wanting to draw beautiful images on a canvas, well that canvas was well and truly ripped tonight.

i

Liverpool deserved it, they wanted it more. I don’t understad how Ev did the same mistakes twice... like wtf and that dembele miss in the first leg.. Wow

That Dembele miss has nothing to do with our exit - we were lucky to win that game by 3 nil. Btw, what about the Suarez miss today after Messi put him through today?
You are ignoring fundamentals - this team is not good enough to win against a well-coached and well-rounded team like Liverpool.

In the end this is cosmic justice. A sad, little clown like Valverde doesn`t deserve to go down in history as a treble winning manager.
Some people say that he steadied the ship and maybe he did, but this is the end of his second season at the club and he literally created nothing. He was riding on Messi`s brilliance all the time and sadly that ran out today again, just like last year against Roma. He deserves to get sacked tonight and remembered for eternity as the biggest bottler coach in the world.

That`s one side of the story. Another one is our team, which is full of lazy, overpaid washed up superstars. I`ve said it numerous times, this way of leading a football club is simply not sustainable. Our board has given a payrise year after year to every motherfucker in that squad, and for what. For being knocked out of CL year after year like a second tier club.
They go into the biggest game of the season after a week of rest looking like they are in a retirement home. Messi walking. Suarez walking. Busquets walking. Rakitic walking. The level of commitment was ridiculous. In the end I wasn`t even mad. Why would I be mad that that bunch of lazy millionaires got themselves kicked out again like a bunch of bitches. They deserve to be whistled at in the next game. We can talk crap here till the end of time, but if the stadium doesn`t show them what we think of them, they will never change.

It`s time to wake up. Football evolved and Barca didn`t follow.

Suarez literally gave up his hero worship at Anfield for us - he had the comittment just didn't have the quality. Messi? Cmon man he literally did everything in our arrival to the semi - but yet again NO ONE EVER STEPS UP IF MESSI DOESN'T.

Centauri B

Modern football is about running
We have an old team, so we can't ask them to do what they can't do.
Peps Barca was about constant presure
City's pep is about constantly running
Liverpool and ajax are about constantly running
Zidane Madrid was about constantly running
Football has evolved, but we have stayed behind thinking that a little.possesion here and there would be enough
Modern football will see the age of professional footballers at the top level diminished.
We are seeing the evolution of football to players who will have to run constantly up and then, and be able to recover quickly.
Modern football has arrived

This.

xxxxxx

What the actual f*ck!!!!! After as roma this happens again but now liverpool? What a disgrace!! How could you give away such a lead?!

It happens when you have an awful coach.

The only reason he's still there is because Messi bails him out most games.

Home of Barca Fans