Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

Givenchy

this Liverpool team have the potential to rip any team to shreds but tbh they don't deal well with pressure. look how they bottled the league in the 'don't let it slip' meme season. look at their Europa league final vs Sevilla and then last years CL final vs Madrid. we've seen before with PSG, having the talent isn't always enough

Neymessi

Not gonne lie. They have more chances of qualifying.

We have to kill the game in camp nou itself let's hope messi goes mental.

raskolnikov

Not gonne lie. They have more chances of qualifying.

We have to kill the game in camp nou itself let's hope messi goes mental.

I feel usually when you favour a team you tend to exagarate opponents strwngths and highlight weaknesses of our own.
Instead of thinking about what can go wrong, think about what can go right?
We need less pessimism on this forum.
I think it will be close either way. No domination.
I trust completely in Messi to run riot. 50/50 exciting all out tie, really hope win to lift the trophy in Madrid!

Howlgrana

Sure but in such a tie I'd take Liverpool ones over theese two of ours. Their team play, off the ball movement, their pressing, their counter game, the pressure they exert and their relentless energy they are playing with, their mental strenght, their manager.

If Leo is well contained or has a day off that's it and our better individuall quality might not matter considering their far superior team play.

Actually there is another factor Barca have in their favour - two former Liverpool players (Suarez and Countinho) have that extra likely factor of scoring against an old club. It always seems to happen or be more likely, it must be a psychological thing. Both are top players. Suarez on his day can be almost as devastating as Messi, and he might be extra motivated to play his old side (I know he liked it there but still).

clemente

this Liverpool team have the potential to rip any team to shreds but tbh they don't deal well with pressure. look how they bottled the league in the 'don't let it slip' meme season. look at their Europa league final vs Sevilla and then last years CL final vs Madrid. we've seen before with PSG, having the talent isn't always enough

Are you joking with the slip? That was like a decade ago.
Europa league was with a completely different squad, that isn't even half as good as this.
Finals are different because its just 1 game, and they didn't have VVD and Salah, which are 50% of the team, without them I wouldn't even worry about facing lfc.

FC B

Actually there is another factor Barca have in their favour - two former Liverpool players (Suarez and Countinho) have that extra likely factor of scoring against an old club. It always seems to happen or be more likely, it must be a psychological thing. Both are top players. Suarez on his day can be almost as devastating as Messi, and he might be extra motivated to play his old side (I know he liked it there but still).

Thought about that before and I imagined Coutinho scoring the goal that propels Barca into the final, that goal would reedem him here. Also it would be great if Suarez decided to score precisely against his former club after such a long draught in CL and help the club to win the trophy...

booge

you hit the nail on the head. liverpool won't play as freely, they will keep losing possession because thev'e come up against the very top team.
they can't deal with pressure so the team that wins will be the one that's clutch, just can hold thier balls together.

thats what happened in 2015 bayern match at nou camp. barca just kept strong, messi held it together and the dead lock was broken.
it will be a bit like the el classico. form does not matter, it's just a match full of nerves and tension. like a world cup match where anything can happen.

nothing to be worried about at all at Liverpool. Need to worry about our selves in the mental aspect. This is where Madrid kept winning. They could have been a shitter side than most but they always kept their head while the others pussied out.. That's how they won 3 CL.s against bottle jobs.

Howlgrana

Look at Liverpool's stats, they are very scary. The only times they've lost recently, when fielding a strong team, were 2-1 away to Man City, who were playing at the top of their game at the time, and 2-1 away to PSG, which was a close match. Both games the opponent matched Liverpool for intensity mostly, especially PSG.

The question is whether Barca can do that, and not have the lumberingly slow and error-prone starts they had against Man Utd.

Howlgrana

Thought about that before and I imagined Coutinho scoring the goal that propels Barca into the final, that goal would reedem him here. Also it would be great if Suarez decided to score precisely against his former club after such a long draught in CL and help the club to win the trophy...

I would actually put a bet on one of them scoring against Liverpool over the two legs, but I've wasted enough on the fool's game so... :)

vlad

you hit the nail on the head. liverpool won't play as freely, they will keep losing possession because thev'e come up against the very top team.
they can't deal with pressure so the team that wins will be the one that's clutch, just can hold thier balls together.

thats what happened in 2015 bayern match at nou camp. barca just kept strong, messi held it together and the dead lock was broken.
it will be a bit like the el classico. form does not matter, it's just a match full of nerves and tension. like a world cup match where anything can happen.

nothing to be worried about at all at Liverpool. Need to worry about our selves in the mental aspect. This is where Madrid kept winning. They could have been a shitter side than most but they always kept their head while the others pussied out.. That's how they won 3 CL.s against bottle jobs.

this!

Hardy

about this tie

tumblr_inline_pa650n2LMR1qk0vwr_400.gif

Home of Barca Fans