Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

Salah is the only player in Liverpool who doesn't defend a lot, doesn't track back when his team is sitting back, out of possession. They use him as a weapon of counter-attack; direct balls from the back. So I think he should be man-marked, followed closely the same instant we lose the ball, because they know how to make immediat attacks and exploit the spaces in defensive line (the match Liverpool-City of last year) + VanDijk should be pressed by Suarez because he is good at long-ball passing.

Last edited:

Neymessi

Yet they aren't sure of winning their league, their season could be a complete failure. I'm not sure how confident-inspiring that is.

We will attack this tie aggressively at home, for sure. At our best (attacking/going for the game) we are better than them. That said, it will be a tough fight, because they are a great team right now, but we shouldn't expect to meet less in CL. All in all more chance of them being humiliated than us, imo.

They aren't sure of winning the league because they are fighting with manc and being one point them is an achievement on its own. If we were competing with manc we wouldn't be 9 points ahead of the second placed team.

Also if humiliation will happen there is definitely more chances of them humilating us than us to them

Howlgrana

They aren't sure of winning the league because they are fighting with manc and being one point them is an achievement on its own. If we were competing with manc we wouldn't be 9 points ahead of the second placed team.

Also if humiliation will happen there is definitely more chances of them humilating us than us to them

I agree, there is more chance us getting thrashed on aggregate (losing by 2 goals or more over the two legs) than the other way around. Liverpool haven't been taken apart by any team, certainly in the CL, as they have a great defence. The game is going to be tight, 1 goal either way will decide most probably.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I also hoped for Leverpool in the game with Real. There was no easier final for Real.

That game was pretty even and Liverpool had the upper hand at times , until Ramos decided to MMA the fuck out of Salah followed by Karius going full retard twice .

MagIX

^ interesting

Liverpool will be the real test, how good we really are.
50 : 50 for me. Details will make the difference.

FCBfan22

And because of that 2v2 in the box, while there are 3 players on Leo, Dembele needs to play.

Suarez needs to occupy VVD and we have Dembele 1 on 1 vs a non-elite fullback.

Zidane82

I also hoped for Leverpool in the game with Real. There was no easier final for Real.

I think Liverpool were gonna be easy winners of that game until Ramos took Salah out of the game when he grappled him to the ground and dislocated his shoulder . That incident shook the whole Liverpool team ( and fans. Smalling did a similar thing against Messi

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Gonna be on edge of my seat for this one. Been a while since I was this excited about Barca.

Devils

We are undefeated in this competition and will remain undefeated.

Liverpool are going to get a harsh dose of reality.

FC B

Imo got to score two or three at Camp Nou so they can have a decent cushion for the Anfield second leg game.

raskolnikov

Dembele won't start. We all know it's going to be Coutinho. Big mistake from Valverde.

I think so too. Im a little worried Valverde is going to screw this up and we get blown away. I tell myself its a 50/50 tie but Klopp is a way better trainer and their style is great against us.
Still though, trying to go into it with an open positive view and hope for a good performance.

Home of Barca Fans