Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

FC B

I think so too. Im a little worried Valverde is going to screw this up and we get blown away. I tell myself its a 50/50 tie but Klopp is a way better trainer and their style is great against us.
Still though, trying to go into it with an open positive view and hope for a good performance.

+1

serghei

The way our boy Dembele's been playing in the last few weeks, with so many passing mistakes, if he plays he's gonna be the most important player for the counter-attacks... of Liverpool.

Joan

In theory, I would start Dembele 9/10 times against Liverpool. But seeing his recent form... a tough one.

4-4-2 :valverde2:

FCBfan22

The way our boy Dembele's been playing in the last few weeks, with so many passing mistakes, if he plays he's gonna be the most important player for the counter-attacks... of Liverpool.

So will Coutinho dribbling straight into defenders... Or towards our half. Except that Dembele has the speed to run back.

Go 4-4-2 or play Dembele. Simple as that.

serghei

So will Coutinho dribbling straight into defenders... Or towards our half. Except that Dembele has the speed to run back.

Go 4-4-2 or play Dembele. Simple as that.

I'd rather play Coutinho at this point. Coutinho was fine vs United and Lyon. Scored vs both. He seems to play better and be more organized in CL.

4-4-2 at home would not give us the amount of chances to score a good nr. of goals. It may very well be an answer in England though, with Vidal in the mix.

FCBfan22

I'd rather play Coutinho at this point. Coutinho was fine vs United and Lyon. Scored vs both. He seems to play better and be more organized in CL.

We need speed vs Liverpool in the front line. And Coutinho-Suarez-Messi front line is slow as fuck.

The thing is that the whole team played better vs Lyon and United. Also the Lyon game was the reason why Dembele got injured for a while.

I'd say give Dembele 45 minutes on Saturday. If he looks good, sub at HT and start vs Liverpool. If he doesn't, play 4-4-2.

ini4ever

Don't know about first leg but I definitely think Cou shouldn't play second leg in Anfield, former club players tend to underperform against them.

JedBanker

I dont think a 4-4-2 is the answer against a 4-3-3. The two centre mids will get overpowered in the midfield and that will force messi to drop in deep to pick up the ball, leaving just Suarez vs the their two centre backs.

We need to make a variation of styles for this match, playing some smart combinations, exploiting the spaces in the fast transitions can be our weapon to get the win.
I hope that Dembélé will be in a better form and that all players deliver an excellent performance. Their defensive line can be exploited, especially the right side where Arnold can be caught out of position and Matip is a slow defender too.
We should attack them whenener there are spaces.. But "attacking" should be smart and well calculated too. It's important to take into consideration the speed of Mané and Salah in transitions.

If Louisito and Coutinho are not in their best form, I would go for a something new: playing Dembélé as the forward striker, running in any available spaces. He can combine with Messi and get some assists from him.
So I would go for this balanced 4/4/2:

Stegen.
Semedo. Piqué. Lenglet. Alba.
Vidal. Busquet. Arthur. Roberto (or Rakitic).
Messi (free player) + Dembélé (dynamic striker)

I think Vidal can help us in terms of physicality, workrate, running the field, helping Semedo to close the flank against Mané and Robertson.
Arthur is also important to help Busquets in ball circulation and ball retention against high pressing.
Dembélé for the speed and the attacking threat + Messi our creative free player.
I'd go for Roberto + Vidal over Rakitic, because these two players are more versatile, more dynamic and can help in attacking transition.
I think our fullbacks will be more "cautious" and defensive than usual because Mané and Salah and very direct and fast in counterattacks.
Suarez and Coutinho are slow, not in great form, lose the ball easily, so I won't see them suitable for this particular match, but they could help in the second half.
Anyway, I'm not the manager to pick the gameplay. I will trust the team and let's hope we take the win. Visca Barça !

Last edited:

raskolnikov

I think wel all know Ernie will play gala 11 with Coutinho and Arthur and then sub them off in the second half for dembele and Vidal.
Also semedo over Bob sonce Liverpool is quick.
We need to hope Messi is on beast mode and we are strong enough as a team to not get run over.
In camp nou we are usually very strong so getting a good result is very possible.

Andresito

Staff member
As long as we don't play 4-4-2 I'm OK.

Vidal would be lost unless we'd try to play a physical game. At Camp Nou we should always play our game with the usual 4-3-3.

I also have a feeling Roberto will start at home and Semedo away.

Alik

I fear Valverde will play conservative football at the Camp Nou and that will backfire when we play the second leg at Anfield.

Home of Barca Fans