Erik ten Hag

utility73

Would still like to take a punt with ten Hag.
He fucked up yesterday, but there is currently no reason to believe he wouldn‘t learn from it.

With Valverde we are now dead certain that he absolutely resistant to learning anyhting.

FC433

Munich is the only team, I believe, that could get him. I hope the board understands that we will not find a better option, we must get him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If he confirms this season too, things are lining up well to get him for 2020-2021.

Would be amazing, but I bet Bayern will hire him while we'll hire the serial bootlicker Setien instead because he speaks Spanish and knows the league. #BarcaLogic

If he confirms this season, especially in the CL, Barca can get no better manager than him even if he doesn't speak Spanish fluently right away.

DonAK

I think Koeman is the number 1 candidate for the job.

Koeman would be fine too imo.

I disagree. Koeman hasn't shown anything to suggest he would be the right choice. We need a manager who can implement a system that will work for us short-term and long-term, and integrate new players. Koeman's had some really bad stints, I don't care too much about NT Football as it's too different from club football.

IF EtH confirms another good season in the CL, he's definitely the guy to go after.

serghei

I disagree. Koeman hasn't shown anything to suggest he would be the right choice. We need a manager who can implement a system that will work for us short-term and long-term, and integrate new players. Koeman's had some really bad stints, I don't care too much about NT Football as it's too different from club football.

IF EtH confirms another good season in the CL, he's definitely the guy to go after.

I would prefer ten Hag too, but think Koeman thicks quite a few boxes Valverde currently doesn't and never will.

Only area were Koeman might miss the mark a bit is that he comes pretty close to Lucho style-wise, who in turn comes pretty close to Valverde. Koeman would improve pretty much every area that suffers under Valverde atm, except playing style.

He has more personality, won't pander to stars as much as Valverde, would be more bold with subs, would develop the young players more probably, would probably have a more winner mentality considering he is a Barca legend.

Last edited:

DonAK

I would prefer ten Hag too, but think Koeman thicks quite a few boxes Valverde currently doesn't and never will.

Only area were Koeman might miss the mark a bit is that he comes pretty close to Lucho style-wise, who in turn comes pretty close to Valverde. Koeman would improve pretty much every area that suffers under Valverde atm, except playing style.

He has more personality, won't pander to stars as much as Valverde, would be more bold with subs, would develop the young players more probably, would probably have a more winner mentality considering he is a Barca legend.

I agree with your last part, so in that aspect he certainly would be better than Valverde.

But man do I want for us to get a super promising manager who will set us up for the future too....

Andresito

Staff member
Any manager would be an improvement but we shouldn't settle for that.

Koeman and ten Hag are my favourites from the current manager pool, but I'm not convinced by either of them at the moment.

I'd take them in a heartbeat over Valverde though.

Michaelslevy

Erik u look very good . Good luck at the nationals . U are a very hard working man , keep it going never give up ull be a pro someday for sure .

Home of Barca Fans