Donny van de Beek

khaled_a_d

Date of Birth (Age): Apr 18, 1997

Citizenship: Netherlands

Height: 1,84 m

Position: Attacking Midfield

khaled_a_d

Very underrated player from tha Ajax team, Really like the guy and think he has bright future ahead of him

mia7007

Yes, very underrated. People talk about De Jong Neres and Ziyash and no one talks about him. While he is as important and as good as them

Newcomer

[tw]1118189651590823936[/tw]

As i was saying in the de Jong thread, PSG had already shown their interest in van de Beek.

Confirmed here.

Riordon

Reminds me of a young Rakitic when he was more attacking. Fantastic talent but don’t think he will fit our style

VN10

Reminds me of a young Rakitic when he was more attacking. Fantastic talent but don’t think he will fit our style

His style would fit perfectly behind Suarez and Messi. Also, as an attacking midfielder, his work rate is outstanding and comes in handy. He would be able to pick up defensive tasks those two refuse to perform. His way of diving into holes and free space and his selfless space creation for teammates is a joy to watch.

I don't know if he has the desired level to play for a world class team though. But his style would be perfect for Barca.

Porque

Called Ajax the Monaco of this season. With the CL semi that seems to have come to fruition.

Alot of the talent will move around Europe this summer, not everyone will make it, but this is a very interesting player.

Messi983

His style would fit perfectly behind Suarez and Messi. Also, as an attacking midfielder, his work rate is outstanding and comes in handy. He would be able to pick up defensive tasks those two refuse to perform. His way of diving into holes and free space and his selfless space creation for teammates is a joy to watch.

I don't know if he has the desired level to play for a world class team though. But his style would be perfect for Barca.

Messi is our AMC. As long as he's here I don't see us playing with another AMC and "limit" Messi to stay upfront more instead of dropping deep. I know most people here think he needs to drop because our midfield don't deliver him the ball since Xavi and Iniesta left and while that is true to some extent I think he just developed into a player who prefers playmaking/assisting over scoring.

If we would consider playing 4-4-2 diamond and keep Messi closer to the goal then we would probably prefer a more creative player like Coutinho as AMC. Problem here is where would Dembele play in that case. He has played through the middle in Dortmund and maybe could play there for us as well once Messi is gone but for now he should stay on the wing.

I think Van de Beek could work in a role Paulinho had in some games in 4-4-2 last season. But with Arthur and soon FDJ here I don't see him being a starter in midfield so probably not worth to pay whatever Ajax will ask unless they give us a discount. There is no doubt he's a very interesting player who would bring something new to the team though.

Newcomer

Called Ajax the Monaco of this season. With the CL semi that seems to have come to fruition.

Alot of the talent will move around Europe this summer, not everyone will make it, but this is a very interesting player.
Sadly, teams like that can't keep growing together.

What a shame.

Porque

Sadly, teams like that can't keep growing together.

What a shame.

Yeah, it is a shame.

They have enough money to establish to buy all the best talents of the Benelux (well- more Bene) now and establish that model. But to consistently compete is farfetched.

Great to see an Euro SuperClub back where they belong though- even if it is only for one season.

xXKonan

According to Marca/De Telegraaf, Real have made him their plan B if they can't get Pogba. With the Dutch Newspaper going further saying that Real have contacted Ajax and are willing to pay the money to get him.

Campos

Madrid has like 100 midfielders lol. Everone is talking about Frenkie, De Ligt and Ziyech.
But i think vd Beek was also very important for Ajax this season. Underrated gem!

[youtube]VSRJ1g7sfBE[/youtube]

Home of Barca Fans