Donny van de Beek

Riordon

Nice, then he is a option for next year where we might be in need of an attacking midfielder, depending on Alena's season.

VN10

Bang bang bang average player. Come back in 2 months and everyone will have changed their mind and agree with me. Standard.

Bang bang bang, Van de Beek would improve Barca for sure. Now and on the long term.

Wanna read some stuff from like minded people, go read the first few pages about Frenkie. So called experts called him trash as well.

BBZ8800

Bang bang bang, Van de Beek would improve Barca for sure. Now and on the long term.

Wanna read some stuff from like minded people, go read the first few pages about Frenkie. So called experts called him trash as well.

It works both ways.

Go to topics of Denis, Malcom, Dembele.
People thought that they were awesome players.

On every topic, some will rate a player, some won't.

At the end of a day, chances for foreign young kids to make it Barca and Real are around 1 in 5.

Donny will be one of 4 who failed.
Or the rare 5th guy.

We'll see.
Odds are against him in this moment.

VN10

Odds are against him? How, and in what way? Care to elaborate?

Imho he would fit Barca's style perfectly.
He is a improved Alena and Alena showed recently that he is an addition to our midfield while playing with Frenkie and Sergio.

BBZ8800

Odds are against him? How, and in what way? Care to elaborate?

Statistically.
If Barca/Rm buy 10 players like Saviola, Quaresma, Simao Sabrosa, Gerard Lopez, Deiberson, Rochemback, Denis, Gomes, Paco, Digne, Frenkie, Umtiti, Dembele, Malcom, Arthur, Halilovic, Odegaard, Kubo, Donny, Vinicius, Rodrigo, Drenthe, Gago, Diogo, Cassano, Odriozola, Llorente, Theo Hernandez, Illaramendi...

Statistically 2-3 out of 10 will turn into a starter material or reach crazy expectations (Dembele, Robinho, Saviola, Quaresma, Sabrosa, Geovanni, new Messi Halilovic).

Required quality is too high.
Guys are mentally not ready.
Barca and RM can't develop players slowly. You need to perform right away.
New country, new league.
Lots of money, popularity, parties, girls, alcohol.

I wasn't talking about Donny in particular, but about any young 18-22 years old (especially foreign) player coming to Barca/Real, regardless of his previous club career.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
VDB is probably gonna end up at RM unless he waits a year at Ajax and the field changes significantly.

Ideally we actually would clear out the midfield. If it were up to me Rakitic, Busi, Vidal, Coutinho, Roberto would all be out. That would leave FDJ/Arthur/Aleña/Puig. VDB is stylistically perfect for that RCM spot. He's a great runner, great linkup player, scores goals, defends with energy. He knows FDJ very well and has great chemistry with him. VDB proved to be a stud in the CL, and he's started off this season well too even despite FDJ's departure. A player like FDJ would thrive massively with a player of Van de Beek's movement/energy/linkup next to him. We've seen it with VDB himself already, and we saw it when FDJ was behind Roberto and Aleña.

It's a shame that for the likes of Neymar we have bought Brazilians galore but we should be giving FDJ some familiar faces around him for comfort both on and off the pitch. We could've ended our summer with a team such as:

Griezmann-Messi-Dembele
---Arthur----FDJ---VDB
Alba---De Ligt-Pique--Semedo
----------Stegen

And our team would be all the much better for it. 3 Dutchmen making themselves home at Barca and plenty of other international young talent around them. But, it's never gonna happen and VDB will 95% most likely end up elsewhere.

Kul_z

I think he's good, but im not quite sure if ajax system made him good or he was the part that made ajax good. Not to shit on him, but he looks to me like a great squad player, might be wrong but im not that convinced that he would be a instant upgrade. Ffs, we still have ivan lamparditic

Riordon

Now we need to go after this guy as the advanced midfielder instead of Ruiz after hopefully coming to the conclusion that we need to play 4231. Ideal in that position in front of De Jong and Arthur

Messi983

Now we need to go after this guy as the advanced midfielder instead of Ruiz after hopefully coming to the conclusion that we need to play 4231. Ideal in that position in front of De Jong and Arthur

And play Messi on the wing?

I wouldn't mind getting VDB but still think Fabian is a more complete midfielder between the two and he's my prefered choice.

Riordon

And play Messi on the wing?

I wouldn't mind getting VDB but still think Fabian is a more complete midfielder between the two and he's my prefered choice.

Fabian is more complete, I would say Van De Beek is more what we need. What we have known for long time and yesterday confirmed it, we lack movement around the box from midfielders and not another player with high volume of touches. Van de Beek has elite movement around the box and remind me of Vidal in that regard.

Messi983

Paulinho would probably be an even better comparision (since he's more dangerous for the goal than Vidal) but VDB could certainly be a good replacement for Vidal.

FC433

A good option. Rakitic for 15m and Vidal for 10m that is 25m. Should cover 50% of his rumoured price.

Home of Barca Fans