Ludovit Reis

xXKonan

[tw]1131214354710487041[/tw]

Landed in Barcelona and will complete his transfer to Barca B and it will be official tomorrow.

BBZ8800

2 comments:
1. he doesn't look like Barca's DNA midfielder at all. Even Rabiot looks closer to Barca's DNA than this guy.
On the other hand, he looks more similar to Pre-Pep's CDMs like Motta, Marquez, Edmilson, Van Bommel, Cocu.
Guys who were more gifted on an actual defensive side than crative side (unlike Buquets).
So, maybe we are returning back to good old, classical CDMs like from the past.

2. a 2nd question: we bought 1 CDM in Frenkie.
Now we are buying another young CDM, who isn't that cheap in the end (7,7 Millions).
Does it mean that our staff is not too impressed by Oriol Busquets?
He is 20 and a half already. He played 1 CDR match in his senior career.

So:
1) Busquets is still here
2) Frenkie is a CDM-CM
3) Reis is a CDM
4) we wanted Rabiot who is a CDM-CM
5) we are after Rodri, who is a CDM
6) Ndombele is being mentioned also, who is a CDM-CM

A club wouldn't be interested in so many young and expensive CDMs if they had high hopes of Oriol.
This will probably end as another proof how even top rated La Masia talents have only around 10% chances of actually making it here.

People used to say a few Months ago that Oriol-Alena-Puig midfield is quite possible in the future.
While in reality, in 4-5 years, we will probably buy 1-2 new expensive CDMs and probably 3-4 new very expensive CMs (on average: one new midfielder of quality of Frenkie/Arthur will be bought every single summer).
And our midfield will probably be something like Frenkie-some new guy-some new guy, with only one out of Alena/Puig/Oriol staying here as a 5th pick like Rafinha.

I mean, everything is possible, but people are getting carried away in daydreaming about La Masia talents each new year, while the results are more or less always the same.

Our midfield signings in the last few years:
2011: Fabregas
2012: Alex Song
2014: Rakitic
2015: Arda
2016: Andre Gomes, Denis Suarez
2017: Paulinho, Coutinho
2018: Arthur, Vidal
2019: Frenkie

We have been doing the same for the last 30 years.
We are buying on average: 1 new midfielder and 1 new attacker EVERY SUMMER.
It won't suddenly stop.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Won't quote for obvious reasons.

Buying Reis means that FDJ won't play CDM at Barca. Rakitic will get sold and Oriol will be used as Busi's backup (he is training with the 1st team basically everyday).

MTL_Barca

Doesn't really make sense to just mix up rumors, first team transfers and B-team transfer all together.

Reis is turning 19 and will join Barca B. So earliest for him to join the first team would be 2020/21. By that time Vidal would be 33 and most likely leave. Rakitic would be 32 and hopefully gone too or at least on his way out (together with GOATverde after the third CL bottling in a row) and even their precious legend Busi will be 32 and i doubt he got better by then.

So there would be enough room for multiple CM/DMs around 20/21 or 21/22 = when Reis would be ready for a bigger role if he just joins the B-team now. Especially because it's very unlikely that both Reis and O. Busquets turn out to have Barca quality anyway, no matter how "impressed" they might be or much trust they have. Even one of them making it big would be a surprise.

But i don't think transfers like this follow some kind of plan anyway. They just bought him because he is talented, just like Marlon. Maybe it'll work out great and they got a 50+ mil player cheap, maybe he does ok and gets sold for like 10M again or maybe it was a waste but i guess the club is willing to gamble that money away.

Last edited:

Havesaks

2 comments:
1. he doesn't look like Barca's DNA midfielder at all. Even Rabiot looks closer to Barca's DNA than this guy.
On the other hand, he looks more similar to Pre-Pep's CDMs like Motta, Marquez, Edmilson, Van Bommel, Cocu.
Guys who were more gifted on an actual defensive side than crative side (unlike Buquets).
So, maybe we are returning back to good old, classical CDMs like from the past.

2. a 2nd question: we bought 1 CDM in Frenkie.
Now we are buying another young CDM, who isn't that cheap in the end (7,7 Millions).
Does it mean that our staff is not too impressed by Oriol Busquets?
He is 20 and a half already. He played 1 CDR match in his senior career.

So:
1) Busquets is still here
2) Frenkie is a CDM-CM
3) Reis is a CDM
4) we wanted Rabiot who is a CDM-CM
5) we are after Rodri, who is a CDM
6) Ndombele is being mentioned also, who is a CDM-CM

A club wouldn't be interested in so many young and expensive CDMs if they had high hopes of Oriol.
This will probably end as another proof how even top rated La Masia talents have only around 10% chances of actually making it here.

People used to say a few Months ago that Oriol-Alena-Puig midfield is quite possible in the future.
While in reality, in 4-5 years, we will probably buy 1-2 new expensive CDMs and probably 3-4 new very expensive CMs (on average: one new midfielder of quality of Frenkie/Arthur will be bought every single summer).
And our midfield will probably be something like Frenkie-some new guy-some new guy, with only one out of Alena/Puig/Oriol staying here as a 5th pick like Rafinha.

I mean, everything is possible, but people are getting carried away in daydreaming about La Masia talents each new year, while the results are more or less always the same.

Our midfield signings in the last few years:
2011: Fabregas
2012: Alex Song
2014: Rakitic
2015: Arda
2016: Andre Gomes, Denis Suarez
2017: Paulinho, Coutinho
2018: Arthur, Vidal
2019: Frenkie

We have been doing the same for the last 30 years.
We are buying on average: 1 new midfielder and 1 new attacker EVERY SUMMER.
It won't suddenly stop.

Yeah, most fans here are pretty biased towards our la masia talent and the romantic side of football, thinking you can field 11 players from our academy and still compete for trebles or doubles. Its absurd and nice to see someone in here actual has a realistic view on those matters.

Would be quiet nice to see that type of CDM in barca, i agree. I got tired of Sergios style which seems to only be WC with xavi and iniesta.

Btw dont think the club see frenkie as a cdm, but a CM. Thats prob why we are linked to rodri.

Last edited:

xXKonan

I've seen some people compare him to a Kante as being roaming around CM/DM that breaks up play and recycles the ball around.

Going by the video and highlights vs Ajax, that seems to be the case. Not your typical Barcelona style player but one to watch I guess.

FC433

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ludovit Reis: Has made more tackles (114) than any other player in the Eredivisie this season<br><br>For more player stats -- <a href="https://t.co/YblXrXMWZS">https://t.co/YblXrXMWZS</a> <a href="https://t.co/YpMcENcnvc">pic.twitter.com/YpMcENcnvc</a></p>— WhoScored.com (@WhoScored) <a href="https://twitter.com/WhoScored/status/1131484917341261824?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 23, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> [/tw]

I do not really know how we managed to get him for only 3m. He is only 18 and a starter for a team that almost got qualified for the EL.

Vahue

Bad move for him really. Have fun playing in Segunda B.

Hopefully he'll get loaned out to a team playing in a better league.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Seems odd that someone like Reis who has been playing first division Football for a bit now would take a step back and sign for Barca B.

But the truth is that these kids do it because they are either promised a good roadmap by the sporting department itself or they think this is the chance to impress enough at the B team that they could be considered for First team prospects.

Funny thing is you could tell yourself which players are clearly brought in for possible first-team prospects/profitable sales vs ones that are Just brought in for a free just to reinforce some spots on the team that are easily disposable regardless of their age.

Last couple of years Marlon, Araniz, Wague, Araujo, and now Reis. Marlon and Araniz gave us a small profit and clearly were good enough for first division football elsewhere. Wague looks to be a good prospect and even if he can't make it here he can go for some decent money as well same with Araujo.

Reis I think is already worth more than the 3 million we paid for him without even kicking a ball for us. :lol:

Porque

I am sure Reis will do pre-season with the first team. Atleast the first portion of it.

With his style, Valverde may even take a liking to him.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I like the look of this guy. The problem is that if he ever gets into the first team, EV won’t shy away from fielding something like Vidal-Reis-Busi-Rakitic midfield :lol: :lol:

Home of Barca Fans