Ludovit Reis

Andresito

Staff member

Some nice skills there.

He's stood out as a non-typical Barca midfielder and his ball control has been a bit sloppy. Best scenario would probably be a promotion to Segunda and another year at Barca B.

He came from a different type of football and he's a different type of midfielder compared to others at Barca.
It'd do him good to keep adapting to Spain at Barcelona instead of a bottom Liga team that'll have focus on defence in 70% of the games.
Plus next season he could even get the Riqui Puig role of training with the seniors and have a taste of first team football.

Messi983

Good to see him developing well under Pimienta.

I think he could develop into that Vidal role player with his off-the-ball movement and defensive workrate but he's improving his technique and passing skills as well.

If Barca B is promoted then keep him if not a loan to a Segunda A team wouldn't be a bad idea. Maybe to a team like Girona if they won't be promoted to keep him close. Don't think he's ready to get regular playing time in La Liga and it's imperative for him to play every week to continue his progress.

Last edited:

xXKonan

We are losing Barca B players due to injuries in training so he was called up to training.

Ferran Martinez reckons he could be an alternative RB option due to Roberto being shoved up to Midfield and Dani Morer getting injured.

Porque

We are losing Barca B players due to injuries in training so he was called up to training.

Ferran Martinez reckons he could be an alternative RB option due to Roberto being shoved up to Midfield and Dani Morer getting injured.

Ya know, now that I think about it, converting Reis to RB may be the best thing for him.

Andresito

Staff member
Ya know, now that I think about it, converting Reis to RB may be the best thing for him.

I don't think he's offensively good enough. I can't see a place for him at Barcelona. He'll probably end up at a Dutch team.

Porque

I don't think he's offensively good enough. I can't see a place for him at Barcelona. He'll probably end up at a Dutch team.

With you on that one. I do however think that if he is going to have any shot at making a play for the Barcelona first team, then it will only come at RB. It is a position that will paper his shortcomings and benefit his positive traits (energy, workrate, verticality, challenges) while limiting the passing vision which seems to hinder him in a 360degree role.

Messi983

Why it's that a bad decision? 2. Bundesliga is better than Segunda B. If he can get regular minutes there I think he could develop well and then we can sell him next year.

I won't pretend I know anything about Osnabruck team but they are currently 4th on the table (granted after only 3 rounds) and predicted to finish as a midtable team.

Last edited:

Messi983

Sure, but then he already made a pretty big step down in his career playing in Segunda B. He's still only 20 and could have a solid career but most important for him is to play regularly at this age at a higher level than Segunda B.

FC433

^
I agree. Now I think of it, going there is better than being a bench player at Barca B. However, I still think he could have done better. Going back to the Eredivisie/ play for a top division team somewhere in Europe (in Portugal, Spain, Germany, France/ Netherlands).

Messi983

We don't know what offers he had. Maybe some top division teams wanted him but wouldn't guarantee him enough playing time.

Andresito

Staff member
I have no idea how he's been playing, but it's only recently he started playing 90 min for Osnabruck.

Contract is out in 2022 and will most definitely be sold this summer. Another failed transfer, let's hope we at least can recoup the 3m we spent on him.

khaled_a_d

I have no idea how he's been playing, but it's only recently he started playing 90 min for Osnabruck.

Contract is out in 2022 and will most definitely be sold this summer. Another failed transfer, let's hope we at least can recoup the 3m we spent on him.

:abidal:

That said, all those 3-7M guys has at the end landed us a talent like Pedri, whom we would have a hefty sum if he was playing somewhere else.
So overall, I am not mad.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans