Lliga | Round 31: FC Barcelona - Atletico Madrid 2-0

PhilS

Rest Busi, Suarez and Alba. Everyone else is fresh.

It would be good to rest these three, but . . .
Resting Suarez is a lot easier if Dembele is available.
Against a strong opponent, vtough to sit Alba, given the very weak backup. Maybe this should wait until Huesca.

Arizona Scott

I would take a boring 0-0 for once.

There wont be much rotations but I hope Alba and Suarez dont start the game.

I don't see why we can't give Suarez and Alba and Busquets at least the 1st half off. Assuming Dembele isn't ready for a half we can go with Messi, Malcom and Coutinho as the front line. Arthur, Rakitic and Vidal in midfield. Semedo, Pique, Umtiti/Lenglet, Roberto in the back line.

If we need a wide left threat Alba if needed can come in for Arthur, with Roberto moving to the midfield (also conserves Alba and Arthur for the next match). If we need a goal from a point man Suarez (or Dembele) comes in for Coutinho (lessening their load). Alena or Sergi for Vidal or Rakitic is another option based on situations. Against Atletico I am fine with Messi walking a lot and just picking moments here and there. This way everyone key gets some time for sharpness but not enough for a fatigue hangover.

Again completely happy to play for a draw and get 7 points + a tiebreaker coming out of it. With our schedule and AtM's schedule a draw and we are probably over 95% sure of the league. They would need us to lose twice more and draw once more (very unlikely) AND for them run the table on a harder schedule of league matches. Actually 95% maybe be conservative.

The fan cry for this one should be Just Draw Baby!

eaman

For sure. Even United beat Juve this season.

Barca are the best in CL left, then Juve then the prem teams.

We are a better than all of those really but as everyone knows the best team in Europe doesn't always win the champions league. You can have one off day and it's over or you can have a few lucky days like real have had over the years and win it. We are better than juve when we are at our best and they're at their best

Alik

What makes you think Juve is so good? They win matches with their B team in Serie A, so that is not really a measure of anything.

I would rate both Liverpool and City above them.

If we somehow get to the final, I would rather face Juve than City.

Kuchi

For sure. Even United beat Juve this season.

Barca are the best in CL left, then Juve then the prem teams.

We are talking about the current Valverde Barca?! We are solid of a sudden since when? Beating Madrid, after well pulling the 2 best defensive games all year against a team that hit rock bottom this year..or the fact that we trashed Lyon?!

Our team is slow, our offense is a joke considering we just tip tap to Messi, hoping a tip or a tap could get him some space and he is in a shooting position. Top tier teams know how to hack at Messi and get him off his rhythm. And when the pressure is on, you know the tactic is "hail marry" to Messi, as no one else is clutch.

We almost got our asses handed to us by Villareal, so yea, i dont think we are better than City, Juventus or even Liverpool.

eaman

We are talking about the current Valverde Barca?! We are solid of a sudden since when? Beating Madrid, after well pulling the 2 best defensive games all year against a team that hit rock bottom this year..or the fact that we trashed Lyon?!

Our team is slow, our offense is a joke considering we just tip tap to Messi, hoping a tip or a tap could get him some space and he is in a shooting position. Top tier teams know how to hack at Messi and get him off his rhythm. And when the pressure is on, you know the tactic is "hail marry" to Messi, as no one else is clutch.

We almost got our asses handed to us by Villareal, so yea, i dont think we are better than City, Juventus or even Liverpool.

We have played some brilliant football this season under valverde. Have you watched Liverpool this season? We play better football than them and juve

Cule4life

The Culest
If we somehow get to the final, I would rather face Juve than City.

And risk Ronaldo winning against Messi and bear insufferable Penaldo fans hailing him the GOAT? No thanks

We have played some brilliant football this season under valverde. Have you watched Liverpool this season? We play better football than them and juve

We can win against Liverpool with some luck and Messi magic. But let's not get carried away. Yes i've watched Liverpool and they play much better than Valgreen's parody of Barca.

eaman

We can win against Liverpool with some luck and Messi magic. But let's not get carried away. Yes i've watched Liverpool and they play much better than Valgreen's parody of Barca.

Well I totally disagree. We still play better football than Liverpool and I'm sure there's others who agree. You obviously haven't watched alot of liverpool if you say that. Klopp is a more defensive manager than valverde especially this year. They were pretty bad in all there away champions league group games and have needed so many goalkeeper mistakes to win games this year. Valverde is no pep but he also doesnt have xavi iniesta and alves to call upon

FCBfan22

Would try to rest Busi, Alba and Suarez.

Put Bob at LB, play Messi at CF flanked by Malcom and Cou; Rakitic, Alena and Arthur MF. Sub Arthur for Busi in 2nd half.

The problem is that Busi and Arthur both need rest, while Vidal is suspended.

If only we had a backup ST that wasn't useless...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
According to Marca, Atletico will field Saul, Thomas Partey, Koke and Rodri in the midfield and they have won all three games they started together.

Also, both Diego Costa and Morata have resumed training with their squad so they might play tomorrow.

Home of Barca Fans