Samuel Chukwueze

Andresito

Staff member
By that time he will probably play for an elite club an be 1) untransferable or 2) too expensive. Would follow him for the rest of the season and if he keeps this up im willing to take a bet for him for 30m.

I'm not saying he needs to be a world class finisher.
He's too raw to play for a top team. If any club buys him this summer it's going to be a team like Dortmund or Lyon.

Cule4life

The Culest
People expecting him to flourish under Valgreen, I want a tiny tiny bit of what you're smoking. (Don't wanna lose my marbles with more than that)

Messi983

Very good talent but we don't really need another RW. He can play on the left as well but it's better on the right. He's been playing as a striker alongside Ekambi/Moreno in 3-5-2 since Calleja has returned but don't see him as a striker for us.

We should still keep an eye on his development. Don't forget that he has started this season in Segunda B and only has around 1.000 La Liga minutes behind him so I think he still has something to learn and it would be the best for him to stay at Villarreal for another season before moving to a bigger club.

I believe his buyout clause is around 30m. Definitely worth it.

I think it's 50m.

Leo_Messi

Neymar looks very likely to eventually arrive this summer and as a consequence Dembélé will most likely, if not certainly, leave the club.

In such a case, despite that being rather unlikely with this board around, I would like to see the board buy Chukwueze as the "new Dembélé". Provided that we end up parting ways with Malcom which appears very likely as well.

Chukwueze has many of the same characteristics and strengths as Dembélé. A very versatile player as he can play on either wing and centrally. Insane pace, great dribbling abilities, good with both with both legs and an eye for goal. 2 years younger than Dembelé though and very much a rough diamond. Could in theory be a great substitute for all 3 nominal starters (Neymar, Griezmann and Messi) alongside Suárez who should accept a "Larsson like role" nowadays but who will probably alternate with Griezmann next season or at least play a lot of games from the start.

Would love to see such a move. He won't cost much either. Basically we could buy him with the money earned from a Malcom sale.

He played in all the games for Nigeria during the African Cup of Nations and scored against South Africa in the quarter-finals. Nigeria later narrowly lost to Algeria in the semi-finals.

I am well aware of a player like Chukwueze needing frequent playing time to develop, which he would not receive at Barça with Malmierda around, but he could be loaned out to Villarreal for the next season. Or be assured of more playing time than say Malcom last season. Unlikely though.

Buying him would also open up for a huge market in Nigeria (200 million people and growing) so the current board would love that for sure.

The more I think about such a potential transfer, the more it makes sense. Speaks Spanish, knows La Liga, played in a team with a similar playing style to ours (or what is left of it with Malmierda around), very versatile, huge potential for further growth, available and a cheap buyout clause all things considered etc.

Worth a gamble IMO.

Anyone willing to start a coordinated Twitter campaign to highlight his case?:lol:

I watch and like what I see.

[tw]1150079575046729728[/tw]

His release clause is just €40 million.

Last edited:

Messi983

Very surprised there are no rumours linking him with a move to a bigger club though it would probably be the best for him to stay at Villarreal for another season.

FC433

^
I agree, but we desperately need wingers. There is Benfica's Jota too. Dembele should be fine playing on both sides.

DAMNit

^
I agree, but we desperately need wingers. There is Benfica's Jota too. Dembele should be fine playing on both sides.

Yeah... get an inferior player rather than a future star, simply because he is left footed.
Might as well throw Messi out the window.

Riordon

Any ideas of his release clause? If its anywhere near 50m, he could be a great Dembele replacement when he should leave next summer. Always impressed when I see him and don't always wants the ball at his feet but always looking for runs in behind which has been a failure in our attack for many years now.

Messi983

Any ideas of his release clause? If its anywhere near 50m, he could be a great Dembele replacement when he should leave next summer. Always impressed when I see him and don't always wants the ball at his feet but always looking for runs in behind which has been a failure in our attack for many years now.

According to AS his clause is 63m. Still worth it if he'll continue to improve this season and Dembele won't stay healthy and we'll eventually decide to sell him.

https://as.com/futbol/2019/04/04/primera/1554377110_504494.html

If we'll have 200M to spend next year I would much prefer to use them on Samu, Fabian and Konate (or another young CB) than Neymar.

EdmondDantes

If the rumours we're selling Dembele to Chelsea are true, I'd throw Villareal a bag of cash for this guy.

He'll be the right winger supreme in a post Messi era. And more than useful right away before Leo hangs up his boots.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If the rumours we're selling Dembele to Chelsea are true, I'd throw Villareal a bag of cash for this guy.

He'll be the right winger supreme in a post Messi era. And more than useful right away before Leo hangs up his boots.
Leo would approve the signing too having voted for him for Kopa

Home of Barca Fans