Midfield Next season

What "Starting 11" midfield would you like to see next season?

• Rakitic, Busi, Arthur

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Frenkie, Busi, Arthur

Votes: 55 77.5%
  • Rakitic, Frenkie, Arthur

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Rakitic, Busi, Vidal

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Vidal, Busi, Arthur

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vidal, Busi, Frenkie

• Alena, Frenkie, Puig

• Alena, Frenkie, Arthur

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Arthur, Rakitic, Busi, Vidal

• Arthur, Rakitic, Busi, Frenkie

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Other;

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters

serghei

Depends on the game. At home, go to midfield against 80% of the opposition we can face should be Busi - Arthur - FDJ.

Alik

Especially curious to see how each of the following combinations work:

- Coutinho, FDJ, Arthur
- Rakitic, FDJ, Arthur
- Roberto, FDJ, Arthur

shadows

One of Busquets or Rakitic should play depending on the opponent, Starting both of them doesn't work for us. Preferably Arthur and De Jong starting considering we should also look to build to the future. We could also mix it up with Roberto Alena and Puig as rotational options. But knowing Valverde i am expecting some combination of Roberto Busquets and Rakitic with the occasional De Jong,... Arthur reserved for Copa games along with Alena :valverde:

soul24rage

I don't care what kind of combination it is, De Jong and Arthur have to be the two of the three midfielders of those combinations.

xXKonan

Midfield Diamond of Vidal-Busi-Rakitic-Roberto, with Griezmann and Suarez up top for Bilbao.

:valverde:

Andresito

Staff member
Frenkie and Arthur will take care of whatever flaws the third midfielder has. It's unfortunate Arthur couldn't join earlier as it would've been good to have tested some midfield combinations in preseason.

Now we'll have to wait until first Copa game until Rakitic and Busquets gets benched.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Arthur-Roberto
------FDJ-----

Not a bad choice. Roberto gets overlooked as midfielder but is quite useful as DM and CM.

Bigger question is; where do we fit them all with Frenkie here now, Alena maturing, Coutinho possibly being pushed back, etc. Puig also.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We need a midfield that's able to progress the ball quickly and make the right passes between the lines, AND recognize open space and the runs of our FBs and forwards. Frenkie and Arthur have to be starters for that. After that you can throw in Busquets, Vidal or Roberto depending on the game.

Too often I see Rakitic and Busquets passing the ball backwards when you have Semedo/Alba/Dembele with space in front of them.

Kills any chance of a counter-attack.

Last edited:

serghei

I'd like to start with Busi - Arthur - Frenkie for the majority of the Camp Nou games in the first half of the season. Let's test it hard for 2-3 months and see if we can build a solid functioning midfield trio out of this formation.

Vidal and Rakitic as first rotational options, especially Vidal. These two would be useful away from home where games are a bit more physical.

Roberto I'm skeptical about, he always had some occasional good game as a midfielder where he made you think 'maybe, just maybe he can be a midfield starter here', but overall he more or less disappoints there.

Arthur and Frenkie starters 2/3 of the season should be mandatory. The 3rd starting spot is wide open, as are the rotational options.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans