CL 1/4 Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United 4-0 agg.

Alik

Yes, tickets are expensive. But they are expensive for everyone. Home, non-member, fans will have to pay in the same price range

edit: Although I have to add that I have no idea what the price ranges for visiting fans are normally elsewhere.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You are happy that your club is screwing your own fans over who follow them week in week out across spain and throughout europe during the CL when ticket prices rarely make that much of a difference to the club?

Its not about people who go to one game in their life time, its about people who go alot during every season. It needs to be stopped and clubs have been trying to change this for years across europe but a couple of spanish clubs continuously seem to screw over visitors for european games the last few seasons.

Im not sure if there is any Barca fans on here who travel to the away games in the CL but if there is they would see the issue.

It doesnt effect me personally i have no chance of ever getting away CL tickets for United but it does need to change and the club doing this is not helping the issue.

First, how do you know it is always the same group of people/fans who go to these away games?

Secondly, is 120 euros really that much? I paid comparable amounts for tickets to our home games and a lot more for tickets to some of the Bunesliga games from third party sites. When I was in London I tried to buy a ticket to an Arsenal or Chelsea game and the prices were skyrocketing. At least 200 pounds.

Third, Manchester United and Barca fans in this case can choose to sit among home fans if they want to pay less than 120 euros for a ticket, right? I know we have sections that are lower than 120 euros at Camp Nou.

By the way ticket prices do matter as they constitute the majority portion of the match day revenue, which is one of the three sources of a club's revenue.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You are happy that your club is screwing your own fans over who follow them week in week out across spain and throughout europe during the CL when ticket prices rarely make that much of a difference to the club?

Its not about people who go to one game in their life time, its about people who go alot during every season. It needs to be stopped and clubs have been trying to change this for years across europe but a couple of spanish clubs continuously seem to screw over visitors for european games the last few seasons.

Im not sure if there is any Barca fans on here who travel to the away games in the CL but if there is they would see the issue.

It doesnt effect me personally i have no chance of ever getting away CL tickets for United but it does need to change and the club doing this is not helping the issue.

Now...this might be controversial, but I see them usually turning the prices up for English and Russian fans more than most.

English fans have been quite rowdy overseas, perhaps that got something to do with it :shrug:

soul24rage

Rashford is now the latest player to pulled out from international duty due to the ankle injury he sustained before. According to the Man United webiste, it looks like he is fighting to be fit in in time vs Wolves on Sat. March 30.

BenRobbins

First, how do you know it is always the same group of people/fans who go to these away games?

Secondly, is 120 euros really that much? I paid comparable amounts for tickets to our home games and a lot more for tickets to some of the Bunesliga games from third party sites. When I was in London I tried to buy a ticket to an Arsenal or Chelsea game and the prices were skyrocketing. At least 200 pounds.

Third, Manchester United and Barca fans in this case can choose to sit among home fans if they want to pay less than 120 euros for a ticket, right? I know we have sections that are lower than 120 euros at Camp Nou.

By the way ticket prices do matter as they constitute the majority portion of the match day revenue, which is one of the three sources of a club's revenue.

Because thats how it works. You enter a ballot if you are a season ticket holder and the longer you have held that the more likely you are to get tickets. Most clubs have a set of 1000-2000 fans who pretty much attend every away game and have held season tickets for years. Barca is screwing them over.

Yes thats because you bought from a tout. Touts sell tickets to everything from concerts to football games at a ridiculously inflated price. This price is from the Official Barca ticket office. I went to chelsea spurs in the league last month for 50 quid and it was a massive game for both teams and a sell out.

If you look at the break down off finances match day revenue isnt that much of a difference maker in the overall annual turnover of a club.

People dont have to defend their club to the hilt about everything blindly. Its wrong and Uefa need to step in. There has been protest and displays for years. I remember Bayern doing a huge display away at the Emirates a few years ago in the quarters because the away tickets were 60 or 70 quid let alone 120 euros.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Because thats how it works. You enter a ballot if you are a season ticket holder and the longer you have held that the more likely you are to get tickets. Most clubs have a set of 1000-2000 fans who pretty much attend every away game and have held season tickets for years. Barca is screwing them over.

Yes thats because you bought from a tout. Touts sell tickets to everything from concerts to football games at a ridiculously inflated price. This price is from the Official Barca ticket office. I went to chelsea spurs in the league last month for 50 quid and it was a massive game for both teams and a sell out.

If you look at the break down off finances match day revenue isnt that much of a difference maker in the overall annual turnover of a club.

People dont have to defend their club to the hilt about everything blindly. Its wrong and Uefa need to step in. There has been protest and displays for years. I remember Bayern doing a huge display away at the Emirates a few years ago in the quarters because the away tickets were 60 or 70 quid let alone 120 euros.

What is the price range for a CL knockout game ticket at Old Trafford, out of curiosity?

No, all Barca tickets I bought them at our official site and I was paying close to 140 euros each time for good middle level seats. The others, it is simply not possible to buy from those clubs directly if you are not a member. I have no idea how you bought a Chelsea vs. Spurs ticket in London for 50 pounds if you are not a member.

Honestly, I don't get the entitlement from some fans that ticket prices must be dirt cheap otherwise they will protest. Seriously, 120 euros for a guy from a third-world developing country like me is OK but those European bourgeoisie can't afford it?

Havesaks

What is the price range for a CL knockout game ticket at Old Trafford, out of curiosity?

No, all Barca tickets I bought them at our official site and I was paying close to 140 euros each time for good middle level seats. The others, it is simply not possible to buy from those clubs directly if you are not a member. I have no idea how you bought a Chelsea vs. Spurs ticket in London for 50 pounds if you are not a member.

Honestly, I don't get the entitlement from some fans that ticket prices must be dirt cheap otherwise they will protest. Seriously, 120 euros for a guy from a third-world developing country like me is OK but those European bourgeoisie can't afford it?

China isnt thrid world?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
China isnt thrid world?

Yes we are.

-USA, Canada, Western Europe, Japan, Australia, NZ and other OCED countries are first world

-Second world doesn’t apply any more since the Soviet Union and communism fell in the former Eastern Bloc countries

-China, India and all other developing countries are third world

Sorin

Screwing our fans? Please.

First of all, FC Barcelona makes around 120m euros/season from match day going fans. It's a big chunk of our budget.

Secondly, if I want FC Barcelona to buy the best talents in the world you bet your ass I don't complain about contributing a little. The average net salary in Barcelona is 1400 euros/month. That's a net salary. You think 120 euros is much for 1 or 2 matches per month?

Imagine decreasing the ticket prices by 20 or 30% for the whole year, it could mean the difference between us affording De Ligt or not. It's fucking important, no matter how much you beat your chest about the matchday revenue being insignificant.

Thirdly, fans with season tickets, mostly socios, have very favorable prices when it comes to every game, home or away, in La Liga or CL. It's not Barcelona's problem that Manchester United don't have the same policy for season ticket holders. Keep in mind that I don't know what your conditions are for season ticket holders. I'm just seeing the outrage and inferring everything from that.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Screwing our fans? Please.

First of all, FC Barcelona makes around 120m euros/season from match day going fans. It's a big chunk of our budget.

Secondly, if I want FC Barcelona to buy the best talents in the world you bet your ass I don't complain about contributing a little. The average net salary in Barcelona is 1400 euros/month. That's a net salary. You think 120 euros is much for 1 or 2 matches per month?

Imagine decreasing the ticket prices by 20 or 30% for the whole year, it could mean the difference between us affording De Ligt or not. It's fucking important, no matter how much you beat your chest about the matchday revenue being insignificant.

Thirdly, fans with season tickets, mostly socios, have very favorable prices when it comes to every game, home or away, in La Liga or CL. It's not Barcelona's problem that Manchester United don't have the same policy for season ticket holders. Keep in mind that I don't know what your conditions are for season ticket holders. I'm just seeing the outrage and inferring everything from that.

Exactly. Not to mention, chances are those people/fans who can afford to go to every away game like this in the middle of the week in a different country are probably pretty well-off, they probably have more disposable income than the average joes since they can afford to potentially take time off from work to travel and they can afford the travelling expenses (airfare, hotels and food etc.) associated with going to all those away games; to them I can't imagine 120 euros would be too much of a burden.

By the way I read that we have official policies in place to partially reimburse our fans going to Manchester to attend that game. Nice. :barcascarf:

Sorin

Exactly. Not to mention, chances are those people/fans who can afford to go to every away game like this in the middle of the week in a different country are probably pretty well-off, they probably have more disposable income than the average joes since they can afford to potentially take time off from work to travel and they can afford the travelling expenses (airfare, hotels and food etc.) associated with going to all those away games; to them I can't imagine 120 euros would be too much of a burden.

By the way I read that we have official policies in place to partially reimburse our fans going to Manchester to attend that game. Nice. :barcascarf:

I mean, what would be a reasonable price for a ticket? 50 euro? 60 euro? So saving around 50 euro for one match gonna be the difference between going bankrupt and living decently or what? I don't understand the outrage, especially when a part of those tickets prices are going to be subsidized by their club through our fans. Much ado about nothing really.

Like I said, socios have very favorable conditions for every kind of tickets, the fans that are theoretically going to every match. It's United's damn fault if they don't take care of their fans. All I see is Fc Barcelona is bad bad bad. What a sensitive bunch they are.

Havesaks

Yes we are.

-USA, Canada, Western Europe, Japan, Australia, NZ and other OCED countries are first world

-Second world doesn’t apply any more since the Soviet Union and communism fell in the former Eastern Bloc countries

-China, India and all other developing countries are third world

Looked it up, you are right. Still it seems weird calling China for third World always thought you did rather well and have a medium wealth. (Actually The whole system is outdated anyway)

Havesaks

Regarding ticket prices. Its in general a huge joke minus germany because fans are involved (50+1 rule).

Imo a ticket shouldnt be worth more than 10 euros. The level and Development of football would decreace but who cares? Its a joke that you Can kick a football and earn millions. Football was once about gathering people and making a commubity like religious. And who knows where all The money goes anyway. I Hope someday fans will gather in a huge protest and stop this non-sense. 120 euro to watch a game? Geez.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Regarding ticket prices. Its in general a huge joke minus germany because fans are involved (50+1 rule).

Imo a ticket shouldnt be worth more than 10 euros. The level and Development of football would decreace but who cares? Its a joke that you Can kick a football and earn millions. Football was once about gathering people and making a commubity like religious. And who knows where all The money goes anyway. I Hope someday fans will gather in a huge protest and stop this non-sense. 120 euro to watch a game? Geez.

The thing is, just like most other sports, football is first and foremost a business these days. There is huge money to be earned by the clubs, owners, players, football associations etc. Players earn too much money if you ask me but it is what it is. Clubs compete in all shapes and forms to bring in money to pay top dollars to attract top players to sustain this cycle. Even though compared to broadcast revenue (including prize money) and commercial revenue, match day revenue accounts for a minority portion of the total revenue, it is nevertheless still a sizable portion that bring in millions of dollars for the elite clubs every year. Last year we took in 145m euros of revenue from matchday, lowering ticket prices a whole lot more might not be able to attract more/enough fans to come to make up the loss in revenue.

Last edited:

BenRobbins

Yeah for you its a one off, for people who have season tickets its a game every 3 days. 120 for ticket 120 for flights 100 for hotel plus 100 for spending, then an away game on the weekend which is another 150 plus in total. Thats every other week some times it isn't affordable anymore. The prices seem okay to people who dont go regulary or only go once every so often.

To go to the barca game would cost 500 pound, thats a cheap couple of days holiday somewhere. Then to Everton on the weekend.

I can see your point i just think its wrong and clubs/uefa should be doing more.

Home of Barca Fans