CL 1/4 Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United 4-0 agg.

shockey80

The thing is, just like most other sports, football is first and foremost a business these days. There is huge money to be earned by the clubs, owners, players, football associations etc. Players earn too much money if you ask me but it is what it is. Clubs compete in all shapes and forms to bring in money to pay top dollars to attract top players to sustain this cycle. Even though compared to broadcast revenue (including prize money) and commercial revenue, match day revenue accounts for a minority portion of the total revenue, it is nevertheless still a sizable portion that bring in millions of dollars for the elite clubs every year. Last year we took in 145m euros of revenue from matchday, lowering ticket prices a whole lot more might not be able to attract more/enough fans to come to make up the loss in revenue.

UEFA could and should make a limit on how expensive the tickets can be the away fans in the CL. That way, nobody is being hurt by it.
The travel costs, accomodation and ticket is a heavy cost. Football is only what it is today because of fans who dedicate their lives to it. Treating them like a bank is pathetic.

English travelling fans will often be taken advantage of because they will usually travel is large numbers everywhere they go. Yes, sport is business but its not like bread or cheese...there is emotion tied to it. There needs to be respect from club to fan because the fans are fans forever. These money people will move on to something else if football stops being so profitable.

The common fan isnt rich...the fan that is there through good times and bad times isnt rich.

Last edited:

serghei

Tickets on Camp Nou are very expensive usually, it's part of how we make that huge revenue every year. Doubt there is a discrimination against United fans. Sounds more like English media BS to me. A person I know said he paid 130 euros for a decent seat vs Lyon.

Reality is tickets on Camp Nou in CL are very expensive.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

First off, we will partially reimburse our traveling fans too so they are not getting screwed.

Secondly, what is the evidence that we charge Manchester United fans more than what we charge our own fans? I don’t believe we charge Barca and other fans sitting in comprable sections of blocks less than 102 pounds.

Third, again how much does Manchester United and the English clubs typically charge for CL KO games for away fans? Any idea?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
UEFA could and should make a limit on how expensive the tickets can be the away fans in the CL. That way, nobody is being hurt by it.
The travel costs, accomodation and ticket is a heavy cost. Football is only what it is today because of fans who dedicate their lives to it. Treating them like a bank is pathetic.

English travelling fans will often be taken advantage of because they will usually travel is large numbers everywhere they go. Yes, sport is business but its not like bread or cheese...there is emotion tied to it. There needs to be respect from club to fan because the fans are fans forever. These money people will move on to something else if football stops being so profitable.

The common fan isnt rich...the fan that is there through good times and bad times isnt rich.

In principle I agree with you but I still have to ask, how cheap is considered acceptable?

Again I have less sympathy for the traveling fans since they can afford to travel in the first place to attend all away games. If you are that rich you should be able to afford paying 102 pounds for a ticket.

At least the Spanish clubs allow you to purchase tickets directly from their official sites with full transparency. Good luck buying tickets from those big name English and German clubs if you are not a member.

shockey80

In principle I agree with you but I still have to ask, how cheap is considered acceptable?

Again I have less sympathy for the traveling fans since they can afford to travel in the first place to attend all away games. If you are that rich you should be able to afford paying 102 pounds for a ticket.

At least the Spanish clubs allow you to purchase tickets directly from their official sites with full transparency. Good luck buying tickets from those big name English and German clubs if you are not a member.

I can assure you that they are not rich.

I am not sure what the proce should be. But it should be much lower than that, everywhere. A set figure for everyone in the CL and nobody would be worse off than anyone else.
We shouldnt accept the exclusion of the working class. Or the fact that they are taken advantage of.

FinBarcelonafan

I can assure you that they are not rich.

I am not sure what the proce should be. But it should be much lower than that, everywhere. A set figure for everyone in the CL and nobody would be worse off than anyone else.
We shouldnt accept the exclusion of the working class. Or the fact that they are taken advantage of.

If you put the same price for everyone it's not fair either. Think about the salary difference in UK and Ukraine for example. 50e is not much for UK but Ukraine people that's probably couple days work.

West Saxon

Solskjaer went on a brilliant run, there's no doubt about that, but they had an awful lot of luck: opponents missing loads of easy chances, De Gea making amazing saves every game etc. Barca just need to put their chances away and they'll go through easily enough, United aren't a great side.

(I'm still laughing at them knocking PSG out like that though :lol:)

jairzinho

I'm still laughing at Solskjaer for saying he doesn't fear Barca and then getting schooled by Wolves a couple days later.

agm2502

Because thats how it works. You enter a ballot if you are a season ticket holder and the longer you have held that the more likely you are to get tickets. Most clubs have a set of 1000-2000 fans who pretty much attend every away game and have held season tickets for years. Barca is screwing them over.

Yes thats because you bought from a tout. Touts sell tickets to everything from concerts to football games at a ridiculously inflated price. This price is from the Official Barca ticket office. I went to chelsea spurs in the league last month for 50 quid and it was a massive game for both teams and a sell out.

If you look at the break down off finances match day revenue isnt that much of a difference maker in the overall annual turnover of a club.

People dont have to defend their club to the hilt about everything blindly. Its wrong and Uefa need to step in. There has been protest and displays for years. I remember Bayern doing a huge display away at the Emirates a few years ago in the quarters because the away tickets were 60 or 70 quid let alone 120 euros.

This is wrong, away games used to be a ballot but for the last few away champions league games it has been first come first served with regards to tickets. I think the Copa Del Rey final is still a ballot and the chances of getting a ticket isn't based on how long you have had a season ticket,

BenRobbins

This is wrong, away games used to be a ballot but for the last few away champions league games it has been first come first served with regards to tickets. I think the Copa Del Rey final is still a ballot and the chances of getting a ticket isn't based on how long you have had a season ticket,

Its a ballot for United away games.

Givenchy

would be sweet if Suarez put them to the sword, especially with Evra being Uniteds social media cheerleader. interested in the reception he'll get back at old trafford

anyways, i think this will be a very tight game. i expect us to finish it back at the camp nou but im not convinced with our away form

Home of Barca Fans