Konrad de la Fuente

Porque

I know he is not as pacy. But for the first time, the way he took on his man reminded me of Overmars. Nice little throwback there (not so much for us, but for those who watched his Arsenal days).

Porque

Loan him. I think he has shown enough to get a lower team to bite. They will have marketing potential out of the deal as well.

Andresito

Staff member
He was actually mostly a Juvenil A player last season. Only participated in 3 league games with Barca B, and the 3 playoff games.

He's going to be key for Barca B, but maybe it's better for him personally to play for a Liga side.

behindbrowneyes

I wonder if he will get any time at LW with Ansu out.... might as well see what we’ve got in him?

I'm sure he will. Koeman is said to be a fan of him and watched him already twice at the B-team. Also praised him in pre-season.
Pedri and Coutinho (not a fan of that position) could play on the left instead of Ansu, but Konrad is a natural LW. Dembele looks better on the right wing, Trincao is a right winger too...

We'll see what Koeman plans once Coutinho is back from injury. Looks like he is already back in training. He was the starting 10 before injury, but now Griezmann and Messi occupy the central roles.

Neeraj

Never understood why he's even in the fringes of this team. He's always seemed terrible to me.

Messi983

He's 19, made his NT debut surrounded by a bunch of other inexperienced youngsters (Musah and Reyna playing alongside him upfront also made their NT debuts but they at least have more club experience playing for Valencia and Dortmund more or less regularly already), what do people expect him to do?

Here is their lineup from last night:

Zach Steffen (age 25;17 caps - before the game against Wales)
Sergino Dest (20;3)
Matt Miazga (25;18)
John Brooks (27;38)
Antonee Robinson (23;7)
Weston McKennie (22;19)
Sebastian Lletget (28;14)
Tyler Adams (21;10)
Yunus Musah (17;0)
Giovanni Reyna (18; 0)
Konrad de la Fuente (19;0)

avg. age: 22,27 years
avg. NT experience: 11,45 caps (and Brooks is keeping the average up otherwise it would be less than 9 caps/player)

So yeah, let's blame Konrad for not exactly setting the world on fire, lol.

Home of Barca Fans