Konrad de la Fuente

FC433

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="de" dir="ltr">Konrad de la Fuente vs Hertha Berlin <br><br> <a href="https://t.co/uibnB8pNmN">pic.twitter.com/uibnB8pNmN</a></p>— USMNT Videos (@USMNTvideos) <a href="https://twitter.com/USMNTvideos/status/1105553663576162304?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 12, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> [/tw]

Leo_Messi

A very talented and highly rated player. Hopefully he will decide to represent Spain (I believe that his father is Spanish) and not the freaking US. No disrespect to the latter.

Anyway a very impressive win yesterday. Several highly rated and talented players on the current team. Best generation (s) in a long time.

khaled_a_d

Hopefully he will decide to represent Spain (I believe that his father is Spanish) and not the freaking US. No disrespect to the latter.

Hopefully not, Spain has very talented youth of their own. They don't need to go for all those duel citizen players.
many of those choosing the high profile NT might regret it later when it is clear they won't make it big (which is most likely) like Munir, Bojan, Januzaj etc.
At least, I wish he won't accept a call to play for them after his debut and keep his options open

Leo_Messi

Hopefully not, Spain has very talented youth of their own. They don't need to go for all those duel citizen players.
many of those choosing the high profile NT might regret it later when it is clear they won't make it big (which is most likely) like Munir, Bojan, Januzaj etc.
At least, I wish he won't accept a call to play for them after his debut and keep his options open

Well, I am obviously biased here but I want 1) to have the best players play for Spain that are eligible to play for Spain, 2) as many great Spanish players as possible playing for the club.

Too soon to tell anything though. He might never get a first team debut for either national team but he for sure looks like a real deal to me. Much more intelligent than Deulofeu was and not as big a one-trick pony as him and not as selfish it seems. Not watched him week in week out but just based on what I have seen from him so far.

khaled_a_d

Well, I am obviously biased here but I want 1) to have the best players play for Spain that are eligible to play for Spain, 2) as many great Spanish players as possible playing for the club.

Too soon to tell anything though. He might never get a first team debut for either national team but he for sure looks like a real deal to me. Much more intelligent than Deulofeu was and not as big a one-trick pony as him and not as selfish it seems. Not watched him week in week out but just based on what I have seen from him so far.

I've nothing against Spain or immigrants playing for teams they want etc. But FIFA rules are weird and unfair and too many international careers are wasted because of it. For me I would prefer if a player can change NT if he played less than 10 games until the age of 23
Munir & Bojan never really deserved the NT calls but Spain wanted to ensure they won't play for someone else. Don't blame Spain for protecting its interests but I hope players will be aware of it.
Although at the end, if a player really feel that he belongs to one specific country, he should forget about football reasons

Leo_Messi

I've nothing against Spain or immigrants playing for teams they want etc. But FIFA rules are weird and unfair and too many international careers are wasted because of it. For me I would prefer if a player can change NT if he played less than 10 games until the age of 23
Munir & Bojan never really deserved the NT calls but Spain wanted to ensure they won't play for someone else. Don't blame Spain for protecting its interests but I hope players will be aware of it.
Although at the end, if a player really feel that he belongs to one specific country, he should forget about football reasons

His father is clearly Spanish. The surname is at least. I can see that Transfermarkt shows that he has Spanish citizenship as well. So he is not an immigrant just because he was born abroad or has one parent (in this case mother) that is not Spanish. The case of many, many people, me included. In every country actually and such cases (mixtures) is only growing worldwide. Look at El Shaarawy for instance. Could have played for both Italy and Egypt and nobody would blink an eye or call him out.

Munir did a mistake early on thinking that he is bound to play a role for the NT team in the future. Since he never lived up to the initial hype and was not good enough his NT career "ended". Similarly with Bojan. But both of them were eligible to play for Spain. Both were half Spanish and both born in Spain. It is only their own fault and that of their agent and entourages. It must be a tough decision too as you are always confident at this level and especially if a highly rated youngster like both of them were.

BTW look at the current French team. 1/3 of them (if not 1/2) have zero French blood in them. If not more. Some of them were not even born in France like the likes of Umtiti. Yet few are questioning them. With good reason.

So players like Konrad de la Fuente, Bojan and Munir (with not only Spanish blood but being born there or having citizenship by birth) should not really be questioned. More their choices if anything which usually is only known a few years in advance.

I have much less tolerance for the likes of Qatar importing young Sudanese, Nigerians, Europeans, other Gulf Arabs and Arabs and neutralizing them in order to make them play for their national teams in handball, football, athletics and others. Here I much more respect the likes of KSA who although richer than all Gulf countries combined, are not doing such a pathetic thing.

Porque

Kid reminds me of GDS. Quite static off the ball, but explosive on it. He seems quite double footed (I assume he is on the right so he and Fati can both play), so I am getting ahead of myself here, but if he moves to Barcelona B next season he will probably have to switch to the left side to play. Reason- looks like Kubo is coming back and will take up the right sided spot.

Which brings me to my next point, if this kid goes down the USA route then it would be great for us marketing wise. Kubo (Japan/Rakuten) and Konrad (USA/Nike) could bring some serious marketing mileage on the East and West.

FC433

^
Very interesting.

Fuente Fati Kubo

I would like to watch that. Cannot wait to see them play. They are all fast and quite skillful.

FC433

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">�� It’s how you respond to adversity. <br><br>Down 0-2 to France, the U-20 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/USMNT?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#USMNT</a> earned a draw with clutch goals from Konrad De La Fuente and Christian Cappis. <a href="https://t.co/pMcEVrPptm">pic.twitter.com/pMcEVrPptm</a></p>— U.S. Soccer YNT (@USYNT) <a href="https://twitter.com/USYNT/status/1109224921954164739?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 22, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[/tw]
Both KDL and Todibo played yesterday.

Home of Barca Fans