Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

serghei

Very special player no doubt. It's funny, because Messi missed about 4 easy goals from Ansu passes.

Fati - Lautaro - Sancho. A dream.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
There's a chance he could find a new level, but at his current one Lautaro wouldn't be worth the money or even close to it. Can't even outscore Lukaku in a league where the likes of 40 year old Quagliarella and Immobile look like gods.

Might be simplifying it but I'm very tired of these 120m+ attacking transfers that come with doubts/question marks in the first place and end up not performing to our standards. I'd rather buy a much cheaper talent, someone like Donyell Malen from PSV. He's an exciting talent and looks to have the right qualities we seek in a forward, but at a fraction of Lautaro's cost. Aside from him we would still have Suarez/Griezmann to rotate in attack and Ansu who is a legit contributor in our squad and Braithwaite who has looked very good.

100-120m+ type transfers should be reserved for the RIGHT player at the RIGHT time, and more importantly in the right position too. Dumping 120m for any player based on panic logic doesn't make them worth it. It has to line up well and be a unique opportunity that fits well into our plans, with a player who is so likely to succeed that the risk is low. That is one way that top teams do it, break the bank ONLY if the case aligns perfectly. Liverpool did this well with VVD.

Better than us trying to be like RM who stack more talent than they need, yet still get good money and good reception for the fringe players on their chopping block. When we've tried to do that we've had more failures than successes and almost never walk away breaking even on our initial investment.

Right now what we need is a CB or even two, a starting caliber midfielder like Thiago to replace Rakitic, maybe a RB. Our attack absolutely needs reinforcement too but there are no standout options on the market right now that make sense on a footballing and financial level, and the board have been absolutely shocking in their attempts to bolster the front line with no plan or position in mind.

vuji_31

Our biggest problem is attack who is shit when our team needs transition.

Read this as we need quick wingers.

LABarcaFan

Very special player no doubt. It's funny, because Messi missed about 4 easy goals from Ansu passes.

Fati - Lautaro - Sancho. A dream.

Unfortunately none of them will start for Barcelona in 2021. Jadon and Lautaro cost way too much and we can not afford to pay them. Fati is still too young to became a starter.

Messigician

A major club was willing to put 100 million euros on the table for Ansu Fati, but Barcelona rejected. Fati is not for sale. [sport]

Fake news and propaganda

We all know Barto will bite your hand off if you offered that kind of money for Fati.

Porque

A major club was willing to put 100 million euros on the table for Ansu Fati, but Barcelona rejected. Fati is not for sale. [sport]

Fake news and propaganda

We all know Barto will bite your hand off if you offered that kind of money for Fati.

99% sure the offer was from FC Barcelona.

BBZ8800

Fake news and propaganda

The more I read Mundo Deportivo and Sport, the more I see that our board and their propaganda are one of the biggest liars in the world.

Some examples which are repeating all the time:
1. When we want to buy a player = the player wants to join us and no one else
2. 2 days before signing any 100m player, we see a fake story how Real Madrid wanted to hijack the deal, but Barto managed to secure another shitty 100m player
3. Other clubs are interested in our players (100m for Fati, 40m for Rafinha)
4. Shitty players are hyped as an awesome business. Papers are now hyping Lautaro's defensive skills. Nobody mentions that we will pay too much for fee and wages.
But we should be happy with another Youtube signing.
5. Before the elections, Barto will pull some crazy 150m transfer and he will reveal that we have a new sponsorship deal.

So cheap and predictable.

khaled_a_d

3. Other clubs are interested in our players (100m for Fati, 40m for Rafinha)

This one I don't get,because:
-It never works in the market, players still go for low price.
-It sets false expectations for fans, so eventually backfire.
PS: I think it is unfair to call Lautoro shitty player. He is a very good one, and before covid-19 he wasn't that overpriced. He is just a bad fit imo.

serghei

The more I read Mundo Deportivo and Sport, the more I see that our board and their propaganda are one of the biggest liars in the world.\

Unless they report something negative about Arthur, in which case they turn into tier 1 reliable sources. :coffee:

CatalinR10

Unless they report something negative about Arthur, in which case they turn into tier 1 reliable sources. :coffee:

DefinitiveAdeptAquaticleech-size_restricted.gif

Home of Barca Fans