Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

Latschenkiefer

He is only one goal short compared to Messi's first true season in 2005/06. Moreover, he has played less minutes and is more than a year younger than Messi was. And don't forget that Messi played for a CL winning side.

Ansu-stats.jpg

Messi-stats.jpg

serghei

A bit more strength to shrug off defenders looks more important to me than his speed.

True. But the good part is I look at his body and he has potential to be a strong player when he matures. He is more a child than a grown up now.

In 5 years he'll be 22. That's mad

I know. Crazy how good he is for his age. I barely ever see players who just turned 17 playing at this level, let alone being this decisive.

This is the reason some of us see him as our future No.9 and not winger.

Has qualities for both positions. He can play winger as well, since not all wingers are speed merchants. Will probably be somebody like Villa playing in the wing. Disciplined, good passer, hard worker, very high game intelligence, good speed but not a standout in this area, coupled with an astute eye for a goal from anywhere near or inside the 16m box.

Look at his goal vs Villareal. It's an amazing goal. Starts wide, goes inside, fakes a pass, wrong-foots the keeper and just casually slides it in without even hitting it too hard.

Last edited:

soul24rage

I think that this 4-3-1-2 suits him a lot as he can be in more goalscoring positions while having the ability to play in the wider areas when needed.

Very excited how he turns out.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Tricking the defender and keeper by going near post is some true veteran shit. Doing it all with a really well executed no look shot is even more impressive. His goal scoring instincts are for real and way beyond his age. I agree that 4-3-1-2 with him as one of the 2 forwards is a role that suits him really well. He gets to have a goalscoring oriented role with the freedom to drift out wide or somewhat deeper whenever he feels like.

I'm pretty sure this goal vs Villarreal is like his first goal that wasn't equalizer/winner and crucial to us winning points lol.

Hope he and Griezmann start today. It's ridiculous that Suarez can't see the bench for even a single game these days.

Home of Barca Fans