Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

Andresito

Staff member
Doesn't play like a 17 year old. Composed and concentrated when he came on. Perhaps he could've come on earlier.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The ball naturally gravitates to him all the time despite his youth. That's something you see in the most effective and dynamic offensive playmakers throughout history. Messi, Neymar, Ronaldinho, etc. Ansu is always really well positioned and there's a clear idea in all the actions he makes when he gets on the ball.

It is clear he's ahead of his years and the more he figures things out, the scarier of a prospect he will become. IMO he should be getting a ton of minutes, we have no need to overplay Suarez as much as we do, or even Messi for that matter. Griez can get more rotation minutes in other positions like ST/RW and Ansu can get to keep developing his understanding with more minutes. He is ready, I am not afraid for him in terms of mental strength anymore.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Wow, great things to come - no Delouf (spelling?) vibes, no Bojan vibes etc - just wow!

tacticvarium

You know sth is wrong when DonAndres is too excited.
I would just calmy watch his development and how he will handle this pressure.

dostoevskij

just remember when he got the ball on the side line and just moved to the penalty box and a WC veteran like carvajal was to afraid to attack out of respect to a 17 year old.

and then just taken the corner, and a really good one too! love it, one of the bright spots in a quite boring clasico :wave:

khaled_a_d

What we think of Fati and what we expect of him next year will be essential for whatever planning of the next season.
If we think he can make a Messi 2005 type of leap and become a starter next year, whether it is on the wing or no9 then we will need to focus our resources on improving defense and attack.
If we think he is gonna be a back up and will take him couple of years to be a starter, then we need to sign someone to replace Suarez on starting line up. And that guy should be decided based on what ultimate position we think of Fati, if we think of him as next Eto then get a winger and move Griezmann to the middle, if he is a LW then get Lautaro
If the club doesn't see him a future starter for whatever reason, get LW and move Griezmann inside where he belongs. Get us some width ffs.

Him being a starter next year -although unlikely- will solve a lot of issues for us in the market.

Messi983

Even if Fati's future is as a striker I don't see him making a full transition to that positon before he'll be 21-22. I see him as a winger for now and what could happen with him in 4-5 years shouldn't impact our decisions regarding transfers next year. For now we should decide if we see Griezmann as a main striker capable of scoring 30+ goals (as much criticism as Suarez gets his goals won't be easy to replace once he's gone). He always worked better having a stronger CF playing off him (but he didn't/don't have Messi in Atletico/France NT) but I think he can adapt to a CF position here when he develops a better chemistry with Messi. If the club don't believe this we should look for a more natural goal scorer but in this case Griezmann will continue to be misused as a winger.

In ideal world we would look for a versatile player who can play both LW/CF so we would have that new player, Griezmann, Fati and Suarez in a rotation for two positions. But there aren't many realistically available and good enough players like that (so I'm warming up on the idea to get Timo Werner if he's really available for only 30m; I like Lautaro but we can't continue to splash 100m+ on strikers every year, especially with our needs in midfield and at CB). I've mentioned Richarlison as a player to target before we've bought Griezmann but now I don't see him as a viable option as much. They are both hard working players which would help Messi once he starts to move even less than he's now but I don't see anyone of them scoring enough to replace Suarez.

Another thing is with Fati's breakthrough and Dembele's future uncertain I think we should also considering getting a new RW. Messi is our RW on paper but we know he doesn't play there so Carles Perez is our only true RW. I really like Chukwueze here assuming Dembele will be sold. If we'd get a "cheaper" CF like Werner we'd have enough money to also get him (Werner 30m + Chukwueze 50-60m would still cost less than Lautaro). But if we'll go after Lautaro (which I expect eventhough not fully agree with for the above mentioned reason) then maybe we should considering getting back Pedro on a short-term contract. Yeah, he's probably past his prime but I'd still trust him to deliver more in big games than Perez. It's unlikely we'd bring two new forwards (regardless of their positions) next summer though unless Suarez would leave.

HSGM

That guy really isn't your typical 17yo...

He looks so composed and even though he still hasn't integrated properly yet, he looks composed and disciplined. Plus, he already holds like 5 records, which is just impressive. I loved his performance against Inter in the Champions League, but he can't be a starter yet,

Home of Barca Fans