Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

Havesaks

Great to see him in the stands. He really is a part of this team. He would have been an upgrade to Griezmann.

God Serena

Shouldn't be missing much more time.

What's funny is he attends Barca B games as a first team player now, he sits in the stands and watches his "Former" teammates play lol

Messi983

They aren't even his former teammates since he never played an official game for Barça B. :)

Good to see he's following them though as there is very likely he'll go back to the B team at some point during this season.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Great to see him in the stands. He really is a part of this team. He would have been an upgrade to Griezmann.

Upgrade on Griezmann only in that Griezmann is simply not a winger any longer while Fati is a 16 year old with young legs - apples & oranges IMHO

But no question, Fati should officially be promoted and given a proper squad number - not sure what anyone is waiting for

Leo_Messi

MD wrote a few days ago that Fati's knee pain was growth related (he is after all just 16) rather than an injury. Which explains why he is/will be ready for the Sevilla game.

As I wrote earlier, there is no going back now. Fati has to have a place in the first team already. No point for him to waste his time and talent playing in the Segunda División B like Puig who is head and shoulders above all his teammates and opponents.

Fati has already proven himself whenever he has had an opportunity to do so. No point in not continuing on that path. He will continue to receive regular playing time if he continues his impressive performances as we are short in his preferred position.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If he continues making those runs in space with his pace to get in front of the defenders, with Messi around, he's gonna feast.

Messi983

ruled out due to injury, nothing else

I know he was injured but I've also read RFEF still didn't get an authorization from FIFA (before Moreno announced his squad) so Fati could play for Spain and that's why he also wasn't called up for U21 either. I'm ok with this as I think we need to slow down things a bit with him. Debuting for Barça's first team is enough pressure for a 16 year-old kid. Getting healthy and futher developing and establishing himself at the club should be a priority for now, he can wait with his NT debut for some months or maybe a year or two while playing for U19/U21 selections (it seems he won't play in the U17 WC this month after all). Senior NT debut will come eventually if he'll continue to progress, there is no need to rush him as he has decided to play for Spain so they shouldn't worry about "losing him". I don't care about all "youngest player" records he could break if this could potentially have a negative effect on his career.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Valverde doesn't give a fuck about Fati. He has thrown him into fire because he had all other forwards injured. Fully expect Fati to not play at all from now on.

Ideally, players are eased in but that's not the case here anymore and it stands for new youngsters joining first team. Firpo doesn't play at all and then gets 90mins - gets injured. Todibo same as Firpo. Surprise, surprise how they can't stay fit without competitive minute in 2 months!?
Valverde is a dumbfuck, that's all. But hey, physical preparation is not important according to Barca manager.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Valverde doesn't give a fuck about Fati. He has thrown him into fire because he had all other forwards injured. Fully expect Fati to not play at all from now on.

Ideally, players are eased in but that's not the case here anymore and it stands for new youngsters joining first team. Firpo doesn't play at all and then gets 90mins - gets injured. Todibo same as Firpo. Surprise, surprise how they can't stay fit without competitive minute in 2 months!?
Valverde is a dumbfuck, that's all. But hey, physical preparation is not important according to Barca manager.
Think he can't be his usual with Fati who's becoming a fan favorite of Camp Nou faithful- for example he subbed his dear fatass for Fati recently

Home of Barca Fans