Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

KingLeo10

Messi was making 15 m a season when he was winning Ballon d'Ors in the Pep era.

This shit has spiraled out of control.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Salary should mainly be about your expected contribution during your contract period. Doesn?t matter if you are 18 or 28 if you are expected to have the same contribution

Well assuming that's the case , he shouldnt be on that anyway . Since today was his first game that he loooked like a player that should earn 20 Mil a year. Not his fault that he is used as a water carrier but still.

Last edited:

Richard.H

Something changed in the business model of the club starting with Rossell. I think the front office started caring a lot more about marketing and the brand of Barca. They figured they should get players not for talent alone but their marketing potential. I think this is surely the case with Griezmann getting paid so much. His popularity skyrocketed with France winning the World Cup. Essentially we are following the Galacticos model of 200’s RM

serghei

It did. Courtesy of Barto & Co.

Something changed in the business model of the club starting with Rossell. I think the front office started caring a lot more about marketing and the brand of Barca. They figured they should get players not for talent alone but their marketing potential. I think this is surely the case with Griezmann getting paid so much. His popularity skyrocketed with France winning the World Cup. Essentially we are following the Galacticos model of 200?s RM

Basically, we're run by business men who have no clue about sports or football.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It did. Courtesy of Barto & Co.

Basically, we're run by business men who have no clue about sports or football.

Businessmen that give almost every player we sign a disproportionately high salary lol. Frenkie being on 20m is actually ridiculous, but Bartomeu kinda bent over after Abidal's goose chase of Adrien Rabiot backfired because Momma Rabiot demanded more money.

Latschenkiefer

Something changed in the business model of the club starting with Rossell. I think the front office started caring a lot more about marketing and the brand of Barca. They figured they should get players not for talent alone but their marketing potential. I think this is surely the case with Griezmann getting paid so much. His popularity skyrocketed with France winning the World Cup. Essentially we are following the Galacticos model of 200’s RM

Absolutely true and I am disgusted by this. It's the Real Madrid way. And they even signed players who don't fit the system. They thought it would be all right if the targeted player just matches the position more or less on paper.
I don't want to see overpaid and way past their prime moneybags who only care for their instagram profiles and are kept just because of their pretty faces or the big nation/fan base who follows them. Trust in well scouted and developed youth players is one of the main reasons why I'm here.

The problem is, I think it's just not possible anymore to constantly be at the top without oil or this brand milking and marketing gamble.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Was about to post this. I thought he'd be a one club man if he turned out to be good enough for us. Not so sure now.

Wouldn't worry too much. Mendes is a good agent and has always had good relations with Barca, at least with Laporta and Bartomeu. Not so much with Rosell.

khaled_a_d

Yeah. He's never forced his players out of a club. That's more like Mino lol. Mendes is a professional and the best agent in the game.

that is very true.
If Mendes was not CR7 agent his view would have been different among Barca fans.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Wouldn't worry too much. Mendes is a good agent and has always had good relations with Barca, at least with Laporta and Bartomeu. Not so much with Rosell.

Agent changes typically occur ahead of transfers or renegotiations

Is it coincidence that Messi family get cut loose here? I wonder

Home of Barca Fans