Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Thats the point. Just remember Neymar under Tata, same shit. You cant expect him to perform on the wrong wing. I cant for the love of god understand why Griezmann plays left wing and he plays right wing. Griezmann is invisible either way, but at least Ansu would have the chance to do something.

Heck, Messi looks half the player on the wrong side.

It is due to the system. It is an assymetrical 3-5-2, with Fati being a "wingback" of sorts (like Alba, but more attacking). He is there to create width, not cut inside. Griezmann is an attacker, on the other hand.

mc_lovin

It is due to the system. It is an assymetrical 3-5-2, with Fati being a "wingback" of sorts (like Alba, but more attacking). He is there to create width, not cut inside. Griezmann is an attacker, on the other hand.

Well, Griezmann could do the same stuff Ansu is doing there ;D Both are absolute zeros in this setup.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Well, Griezmann could do the same stuff Ansu is doing there ;D Both are absolute zeros in this setup.

I agree. The 3 CB setup is clearly not working as we do not have the personnel for it. I am skeptical it could ever work in modern football at all.

Total-Football

Not good enough to start.. As a winger he offers little to nothing at all. Unless we are arsenal more hinged on developing players.. Unseemly that though, for the heaviest payroll squad in all sports.

tacticvarium

Important time for him. He has never been harshly criticized till now and he is finally experiencing what it means to be a big club player. If he has strong mentality to overcome this, he will be a successful footballer.

JohnN

He seemed unable to run at players or dribble past anyone. He also misses good chances for some time now. Perhaps he was rushed to the first team.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He seemed unable to run at players or dribble past anyone. He also misses good chances for some time now. Perhaps he was rushed to the first team.

Or perhaps he was played on his weaker side to accommodate Griezmann on the left. Between the choices, I would've absolutely switched them up - boggles the mind that Ansu remained wide right, he is much better on the left

Andresito

Staff member
With many/most players not taking their responsibility Ansu gets to carry a huge load, which in turn brings pressure.

He's supposed to add spice to the dinner, not be the main course.

PhilS

He's clearly not ready to start for this team. It is commendable that he looks for his shot, but his shot has been poor recently. Still, on offense he is currently more useful than Greizmann. Greizmann's excuse is that he has obviously never before played a game for this team, he's just been dropped onto the field never even having practiced with any Barca player.

Androutsos

He isn't a winger. He is an inside forward. You could tell he was getting the ball too deep and too wide on the wrong side of the field and he just looked lost, and it isn't his fault.

Havesaks

[MENTION=2]Barcaman[/MENTION]
Chat should be moved to player section.

--

He is way better on the LW than RW and showed some good stuff today. Liked his performance a lot - more so in first half, as usual, as a teenager he may lack some endurance to keep it up a whole game.

Today I had the feeling, he could be a future WC player in Henry category class.

Devils

He's still too raw and looks out of depth playing with and against grown men. which makes sense seeing as he's just a kid.

Can't be too hard on Ansu, he's only here as a placeholder until Dembouz returns anyway.

Andrew M

[MENTION=2]Barcaman[/MENTION]
Chat should be moved to player section.

--

He is way better on the LW than RW and showed some good stuff today. Liked his performance a lot - more so in first half, as usual, as a teenager he may lack some endurance to keep it up a whole game.

Today I had the feeling, he could be a future WC player in Henry category class.

Very high praise. If he gets anyway close to Henry that would be amazing

Home of Barca Fans