Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
This was an attempt to play on the flanks with both Griezmann and Fati but truth is Ansu is better on the left with Perez better on the right - would be very curious to see a trident of Fati-Griezmann-Perez and Leo in the hole, playing two midfielders in De Jong & Busquets

FinBarcelonafan

At least he is not fumbling the ball every time like Dembele. Dembele can make more impressive plays, but he fucks up half the time. Fati is more steady and he seems to have better chemistry with players. Dembele never seemed to have that chemistry with other players.

and in close control, Fati is superior to Dembele.

Andresito

Staff member
He gets into good positions and can create chances too. He could've (should've) scored 2-3 goals in the first half if he'd been sharper. Although it's acceptable since he isn't a finished product.

A player like Sterling needed plenty of years before he became a reliable goalscorer.

Judoman

He gets into good positions and can create chances too. He could've (should've) scored 2-3 goals in the first half if he'd been sharper. Although it's acceptable since he isn't a finished product.

A player like Sterling needed plenty of years before he became a reliable goalscorer.

Yeah,he is a constant danger, even when ball is bouncing off him. Sharpness will come..

BADGERBHOY

At least he is not fumbling the ball every time like Dembele. Dembele can make more impressive plays, but he fucks up half the time. Fati is more steady and he seems to have better chemistry with players. Dembele never seemed to have that chemistry with other players.

and in close control, Fati is superior to Dembele.

He literally did just that at least twice in the 1st half. Last night was not his finest hour. Its only one game though and we've seen in the past that he does have the quality.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He is not ready just yet. The honeymoon period is over. Once Dembele gets back, send the poor lad back to Barca B where he can actually develop week in and week out. Perez can do the job off the bench, all the more so if we bring in a CF this month.

gregorrin10

Don't know why he played on the right, it's clear he's much more limited there and actually can't play there, while he's a genuine serious threat on the left. And why do we keep playing Griezmann on the left, it's like we intentionally play the attackers on opposite sides to make them look bad. I really hope last night was just a first game fluke from Setien, that it's the last time we saw Griezmann on the left, Ansu on the right and 'that midfield', the lineup honestly looked like some kind of a sick homage to Retardo. And even though our gameplay was much better already and there were already positive signs on that front, I would expect for Setien to have a clear idea of his starting lineup and where everyone should play after a few weeks, so just enough time to get the team into shape for Napoli and the start of serious CL business. And it's clear the only position Griezmann can possibly work in, is either ST or RW, so it's just a question of him and Messi interchanging positions between games, while Ansu needs to be playing LW, at least until Dembele is back.

Last edited:

LeeRomeno

Lol, he is 17 year old prodigy with very limited experience in first team, what on earth do you expect from him? It is super early for this guy to make any impact on games, even Messi was 18 before he actually got his first start in first team. I think he did fine considering circumstances.

gregorrin10

Lol, he is 17 year old prodigy with very limited experience in first team, what on earth do you expect from him? It is super early for this guy to make any impact on games, even Messi was 18 before he actually got his first start in first team. I think he did fine considering circumstances.

To be clear, I'm criticizing only the tactics, the position he was put in, it's no his fault he played there, and such was his performance, which obviously wasn't the best, but that's all based off putting him on the right, which was stupid, even more so when you have two left footed players beside him in the attacking line. You can do that with Dembele, who has the ability to play with both feet equally good, but not with Fati.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I warned against this at the start of the season.

Barca are Bojan-ing him right now. Send him back to Barca B where he can play every game and score a lot of goals.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
He played well in the 2nd half and was the most active player constantly beating his man, drawing fouls etc. Looked lost in the 1st half but was important for the team today.
And I really like his attitude. No diving and no bitching. Laughing off a penalty he did not get and kicked the defender to have his little revenge instead of crying. Does not take shit from anyone.

BusiTheKing

Love how he keeps his pace when running at defenders. Showed strong mentality under pressure as well. This instinct to fight harder when faced with adversity is essential. Many 17 year olds would cave and lose confidence.

Home of Barca Fans