Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

xXKonan

I think he's better as a sub-option right now than starting if you ask me.

He really needs some time with the B team as well.

JohnN

It's ok for him to get chances in games like this, but he shouldn't be considered our saviour and be prefered to Debmele in important games.
If he gets so many chances, why can't Puig get any though?

Potroh

There was a shortage of attackers during the first games of the season, so Fati was conjured up from almost nothing.
Fine, although a forced but a brave and good move by Valverde.

More than two months later everyone noticed, when he got some chances, that he plays worse and and worse with the first team.

Is it a coincidence or is it the 'usual' Valverde effect on young players?
What EV said to him during this crucial time?
Does his example also shed some light on Valverde's incompetency related to young players?

EdmondDantes

I'm still adamant he's better off playing the last 20 min against tired legs.

Let him start our cup games if he's doing well in his sub appearances. We need to nurture him properly.

God Serena

There was a shortage of attackers during the first games of the season, so Fati was conjured up from almost nothing.
Fine, although a forced but a brave and good move by Valverde.

More than two months later everyone noticed, when he got some chances, that he plays worse and and worse with the first team.

Is it a coincidence or is it the 'usual' Valverde effect on young players?
What EV said to him during this crucial time?
Does his example also shed some light on Valverde's incompetency related to young players?

I think it relates to all players, really.

How come every player comes in and starts off good, but ultimately starts to turn in the same mediocre to awful performances as the rest of the team in a few months' time?

Valverde is the type of coach who brings out the worst in players, and a club like Barcelona needs a coach who brings out the best...

Potroh

I think it relates to all players, really.
How come every player comes in and starts off good, but ultimately starts to turn in the same mediocre to awful performances as the rest of the team in a few months' time?
Valverde is the type of coach who brings out the worst in players, and a club like Barcelona needs a coach who brings out the best...

I think you are right - unfortunately...

Andresito

Staff member
Valverde is using him as a savior. He's been thrown on against Granada, Levante and Slavia in games where we are desperately chasing a goal.

This is exactly how you're not supposed to develop a talent with 0 senior experience. Against Celta the circumstances were better, he wasn't at his best but that's fine for a 17 year old.

Let him develop in his own pace.

Messi983

Valverde is using him as a savior. He's been thrown on against Granada, Levante and Slavia in games where we are desperately chasing a goal.

This is exactly how you're not supposed to develop a talent with 0 senior experience. Against Celta the circumstances were better, he wasn't at his best but that's fine for a 17 year old.

Don't see anything wrong using Fati as a "savior". People shouldn't have too high expectations for him so anything good he can do whenever given a chance we should be happy about that. Because of injuries we didn't have many attacking options on the bench in those games you mentioned.

Vs Granada Fati came on at half time for Firpo together with Messi replacing Perez when we were down 1-0. Vidal replaced Raki later with Arthur, Busi and Todibo staying on the bench. Maybe EV could do things different here but this was just a week after Fati had a great game against Valencia so using him made sense and people would probably be all over EV if Fati wouldn't play in that game, lol.

At Levante he was our last sub. Perez came on in first half after Suarez's injury. We had Alba, Todibo and Raki on the bench at that time. I doubt anyone of them would make a bigger impact off the bench than Fati.

Vs Slavia he replaced Dembele in 2nd half as our 2nd sub. Raki came on for Busi a few minutes later. Alena, Perez and Umtiti stayed on the bench. Again, would subing on anyone of them instead of Fati make more sense when trying to score? I don't think so.

If Fati is considered as a part of the first team (and he is whenever he's in a match day squad) and he's our best/only attacking option on the bench when we need a goal then why not use him?

El Gato

Villarato!

I mean, Real effectively used Vinicius as their main attacker last season for a good few months as the only one with a bit of pace and creativity. The issue with focus being on him is not that he develops improperly, it’s that fans expectations go up and they end up demanding to see him every time he DOES save you and want to see him improve upon what he’s already done. That’s what hurts his development more than being thrown into the fire. Vini and Rodrygo are already in a position where one is being actively demanded to improve his final touch or fuck off, while the other hasn’t had a quiet period yet but will be treated the same. It’s the fans more often than the coaches.

And this isn’t meant to absolve agent Valverde of anything. The fact you need saving sometimes these days is enough to have a legit problem, but using Fati in such capacity isn’t such a big deal. He’s a good kid. So long as he doesn’t end up a Dembele way, then it’s fine.

Last edited:

Donatello

I can't say whether he will be as good as he is made out to be, but I'm Damn sure he won't be if Valverde remains the manager. Guy has no clue as to how to integrate youngsters into the first team.

Get rid of Valverde before he destroys his confidence as well.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Unfortunately, as feared by many, he's on the verge of becoming the next Bojan rather than Messi; thanks to the dumbfuck at helm!

ASordidGod

Unfortunately, as feared by many, he's on the verge of becoming the next Bojan rather than Messi; thanks to the dumbfuck at helm!

He was never going to be the next Messi. What his actual potential is remains to be seen. Patience. He's literally just 17.

Personally I thought he looked best those initial first few mins on the RW. His movement was great, he wasn't forcing it, looked really natural/smooth. On the left he tries to do too much. He's not ready to be a star. Needs to play simply again, instinctively. Imo, anyway.

Home of Barca Fans