Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

cro-man

Official: Ansu Fati has picked up an injury in his right knee.

Fati has tendon problems. He's out for the game tomorrow and his recovery will mark his come back.

I hope its not another guy who is turning into an injury prone but with our luck....

Riordon

Few games but after have seen his games for the first team and clips from his youth, I would say the player he remind me the most of is Eto’o and I think his best position will be a 9 in the mold of Eto’o.

Doesn’t dribble that much and is that fast either. He is already very very good without the ball though and his buildup is excellent. Already a great finisher. Not a winger, should be a Eto’o kind of nine IMO.

In the following years I want to play with wingers who are fast as hell, track back and great technique. Can’t see Ansu in this role

Last edited:

Tackle

Not all that surprising he is struggling physically.

He may already be good enough to play in most Liga matches, but you have to keep in mind the lad is still only 16.

Expecting him to make the jump up from Juvenil A, bypassing Barca B altogether and giving him tons of minutes against fully grown men in a top 2 league in the world is rather naive.

Even Mbappe was not given regular minutes with the first team in Ligue 1 until he was around 18.

I understand fans are excited about Fati and his potential, but regardless of how good he is technically he is not physically ready to become a regular in the first team just yet.

No need to ruin the best talent from La Masia in ages. Right now he needs to be the first name on the team sheet for Barca B, get some Spanish NT experience, train with the first team regularly and occasionally be given the odd start or cameo here and there in dead rubbers or against minnows at home.

Do it right.

Sailor Mars

Agreed. He is only 16 and will grow and mature a lot more physically and mentally.

While he hasn't looked out of place at all, keeping up this level of intensity against men is asking for too much from a 16 year old.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I know everyone are excited about him, but sooner or later the club need to step in so they don't burn him out already.

God Serena

So I guess Messi, Dembele, and Suarez are all frail 16 year olds as well, lmao.

Injuries happen in sports, calm down.

FC433

Few games but after have seen his games for the first team and clips from his youth, I would say the player he remind me the most of is Eto’o and I think his best position will be a 9 in the mold of Eto’o.

Doesn’t dribble that much and is that fast either. He is already very very good without the ball though and his buildup is excellent. Already a great finisher. Not a winger, should be a Eto’o kind of nine IMO.

In the following years I want to play with wingers who are fast as hell, track back and great technique. Can’t see Ansu in this role

I agree with you. Just like Mbappé, started as a LW and then was moved to 9. However, I would not change his position just yet because that might hurt his confidence/ development. 9s experience a lot of pressure when they do not score even if they perform well.

Keep playing him as a LW for at least two more seasons.

xXKonan

[tw]1178422020310208515[/tw]

Says Robert Moreno has him on the Pre-list of the Spanish National team vs Sweden and Norway.

BusiTheKing

Lol he has brilliant technique and looks like a great dribbler. A 9? Seriously? Guy is nothing like Eto'o

Porque

I remember Eto'o in WC98 at 17 and their styles weren't that similar at a young age. You can see a little of Eto'o at 18 for Madrid and you can see his style and technique was far from Ansu's at a similar age.

[youtube]2LRa_NLp5PY[/youtube]

Ansu has more traits of Neymar imo.

Home of Barca Fans