Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

jamrock

I agree with a lot of what serghei says but LOL @ Thiago being mediocre. If that was the implication of your comparison.

The man is a top 10 midfielder in the world right now, the German league gets no love but to compare him to isco, is a bit LOL.

He should look to leave German now though, he should have gone with pep to city.

We will see how fati progresses, he is the best product we have had since Thiago, hopefully we don't end up throwing him away like we did with Thiago.

If he makes it to Thiago's level with less injuries, we will have a WC winger for a decade to come

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We have developed Neymar not so long ago. He was the last truly world class young talent we had.
We have a problem in developing players between Barca B and 1st team, but part of it was also lack of talents.

We lost our biggest defensive talent in years in Eric Garcia to Man City, where he's btw looking like a very good prospect.

As for our forwards, we've always had the same issue. Small strikers that lacked pace, if you're small, you definitely have to make up for it some way and Munir never had that.

Thiago went to Bayern.

As for our wingers then both Adama and Deulofeu are quite talented, you cannot doubt their physical and technical ability, especially when it comes to Adama, but they're both, for a lack of a better word, dumb as hell on the field.

KingLeo10

This coming from a guy who used to support Valverde. One one hand supports a manager, and on the other hand builds arguments how young players can't make it at Barcelona because the management is crap. Zero consistency.

I've been calling him out on this for months now.

There's literally only two options for Wolfe: 1) Either the support for EV after Roma was deliberate trolling OR 2) He was genuinely slow in recognizing that EV is useless (if he came to this conclusion AFTER Anfield), in which case why should we give credence to his assessments going forward.

El Gato

Villarato!
Lol, you didn't get a month of greatness out of Isco, let alone 1.5 years. Greatness is a big word my friend.

Who the fuck was Isco at the biggest level? Not anywhere near the greats. Like not even in the same ball park. Ever. Another talented player who was good, not world class for some time, and dropped right after into mediocrity.

Very much like Thiago Alcantara.

(...)

This coming from a guy who used to support Valverde. One one hand supports a manager, and on the other hand builds arguments how young players can't make it at Barcelona because the management is crap. Zero consistency.

Jesus are you tetchy. Did you get personally offended on semantic grounds because 'greatness' in your head implied dude was on the shelf of Ronaldinho?

Where did Valverde figure into the argument for you? Honestly you have some serious comprehension issues into what people's stances are.

PS [MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION]
Are you honestly, hand-on-heart, trying to covince me that you expected the Anfield result after the home game and that you thought Barca were doomed to fail in the final against Tottenham or Ajax?

Besides what are we debating here? Your little crusade isn't about having a debate. You've made your intentions very clear with the very final remark.

Last edited:

serghei

No, dude, I just find your hypocritical double standard off putting in regards to Barcelona and Madrid.

I've been calling him out on this for months now.

There's literally only two options for Wolfe: 1) Either the support for EV after Roma was deliberate trolling OR 2) He was genuinely slow in recognizing that EV is useless (if he came to this conclusion AFTER Anfield), in which case why should we give credence to his assessments going forward.

He wasn't trolling. He honestly thinks Valverde is doing a good job and is a good manager and the situation we are in is somehow irrecoverable. Which doesn't make sense, because if Valverde is doing such a good job and is such a good manager, why the hell would Ansu not be developing nicely surrounded by such great players and such a great manager?

Or he could be one of the guys who think the manager is the least responsible with the well being and overall state of the team. In such case, Valverde could be doing a great job, and the team could still be in a terrible state.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
I'm astounded by your ability to somehow make every discussion about EV. Guess you're going to be remembered for something on this board.

Also, I got to straighten out some of the lies you try to pass through with your blanketed statements though since you seem to find it so easy to try and explain other people's words to somebody else:

He honestly thinks Valverde is doing a good job

Total lie.
No I don't, not anymore. He was, for great lengths of time. Past tense. I've made it clear several times.

and is a good manager

Yes he is. Not for your team at this point.

and the situation we are in is somehow irrecoverable.

Never said anything of the sort. What does this even mean? What situation?

why the hell would Ansu not be developing nicely surrounded by such great players

Who? You have two well rounded, experienced players that are also OK as teachers. None of the others, bar maybe Frenkie, were leaders or captains at any level. Essentially no appropriate personnel to accommodate the growth of a guy into anything other than a celebrity saviour that the fans are yearning for. Three players who have been at the club through the period when the club's vision was actually clear. What is this for a foundation? At the moment all you have so far is the feel-good factor that makes you forget about consistent problems in formations that the club hasn't been active enough in fixing. Not bad, but this is going to wear thin if Ansu is going to be assigned as another Messi errand boy for the next several years.

Last edited:

Havesaks

I'm astounded by your ability to somehow make every discussion about EV. Guess you're going to be remembered for something on this board.

Also, I got to straighten out some of the lies you try to pass through with your blanketed statements though since you seem to find it so easy to try and explain other people's words to somebody else:

Total lie.
No I don't, not anymore. He was, for great lengths of time. Past tense. I've made it clear several times.

Who? You have two well rounded, experienced players that are also OK as teachers. None of the others, bar maybe Frenkie, were leaders or captains at any level. Essentially no appropriate personnel to accommodate the growth of a guy into anything other than a celebrity saviour that the fans are yearning for. Three players who have been at the club through the period when the club's vision was actually clear. What is this for a foundation? At the moment all you have so far is the feel-good factor that makes you forget about consistent problems in formations that the club hasn't been active enough in fixing. Not bad, but this is going to wear thin if Ansu is going to be assigned as another Messi errand boy for the next several years.

Haha haha that first part made me laugh. He does that, but thats not just serghei, it's 90% of this board who love to blame EV for everything. For simpleminded people a scapegoat is alfa-omega to kkeep their world view intact.

serghei

:lol: Who else are we gonna talk about the most, if not idiot who is at the base of literally all of our problems, next to the other idiot who keeps him as manager. Especially when we still have users who live in denial and think he is a victim, not the main cause for distress in the team.

As for Ansu, we have a top 3 player of all time in the team, and this is something maybe 0.0001% of the promising players have the chance of experiencing in their careers at any point. I think that should pretty much put to bed the whole idea that Ansu doesn't have models he can follow.

Man, reading some of your comments, you'd think Barcelona are some sort of Eibar. Some of the things you come up with... Reality check dude, we've won 8 out of 10 La Ligas, including numerous domestic doubles, and almost won a treble last year while being managed by the worst top team manager out there. Like literally, beat probably the best team in the world 3-0 at home, while having an idiot on the bench who messed up the tactics in both legs and didn't play our best midfielder and our best defender.

Haha haha that first part made me laugh. He does that, but thats not just serghei, it's 90% of this board who love to blame EV for everything. For simpleminded people a scapegoat is alfa-omega to kkeep their world view intact.

There's a thread with the tactical problems of this team under Ernesto Valverde. Some of the best posters here have commented on it. No wonder your name doesn't show up.

All Valverde lovers have one thing in common. You never see them saying anything about tactics, and about why Valverde is a good manager for this team. That's because they don't have a fucking clue. All they do is look for players to talk shit about, like Arthur, Semedo, Paco (now one of Bundesliga's best players, the sub Ernesto forgot on the bench every game almost) etc. To make it look like poor Valverde doesn't have a good squad. Pathetic.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
:lol: Who else are we gonna talk about the most, if not idiot who is at the base of literally all of our problems, next to the other idiot who keeps him as manager. Especially when we still have users who live in denial and think he is a victim, not the main cause for distress in the team.

As for Ansu, we have a top 3 player of all time in the team, and this is something maybe 0.0001% of the promising players have the chance of experiencing in their careers at any point. I think that should pretty much put to bed the whole idea that Ansu doesn't have models he can follow.

Man, reading some of your comments, you'd think Barcelona are like United. Reality check dude, we've won 8 out of 10 La Ligas, including numerous domestic doubles, and almost won a treble last year while being managed by the worst top team manager out there.

So
a) you brought up the manager despite the discussion being about something entirely different. Why? We know why.
b) you lied. And you think it's OK, let's move on?
c) you're editing the post only to add the serghei-special about the oh-so-good club record as a line of defense against.. what exactly? I know your view of Barcelona institutional status is all well and dandy. But guess what - Leo is 32. And he's your board's only consistent project to date. Other than the failed stadium refurb that is.

serghei

So
a) you brought up the manager despite the discussion being about something entirely different. Why? We know why.
b) you lied
c) you're editing the post only to add the serghei-special about the oh-so-good club record as a line of defense against.. what exactly? I know your view of Barcelona institutional status is all well and dandy. But guess what - Leo is 32. And he's your board's only consistent project to date. Other than the failed stadium refurb that is.

No.

No.

and...

No.

Good to know you now don't think Valverde is good for Barcelona anymore. Took you long enough.

El Gato

Villarato!
No.

No.

and...

No.

Good to know you now don't think Valverde is good for Barcelona anymore. Took you long enough.

Do deny. Whatever it is you're denying.

Do me a favour and actually read people's posts before lying about them next time though.

serghei

Do deny. Whatever it is you're denying.

Do me a favour and actually read people's posts before lying about them next time though.

Dude, I only pointed a double standard you were applying in two different topics. That's all. No reason to get offended, almost everyone knows you do that. It's fine, you're a Madrid fan I get it. It's normal to big up Madrid and bring down Barcelona.

It's also normal to underline that when I can on a place called Barcaforum.

Total lie.

1) Agree about posters here making everything about EV.

2) Don't think anyobe would agree that EV has been great for great lengths of time. This year has pretty much shown us up as almost totally reliant on Messi since EV took charge. Can you name me any other coach in world football who would not have started Arthur and FDJ together yet in 6 league games??

3) Role models for Fati at RM? Name one. Face it natural born leaders are few and far between in football these days. Even City and Atleti don't have one now Kompany and Godin left.

Home of Barca Fans