Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

PhilS

Outmatched yesterday. He's never seen defense ever remotely close to the quality of Dortmund, this was great experience for him.

Havesaks

In the attacking face on the left he was good enough and wasnt the Odd one out. On the right side he was outmatched. Also his all-around defensive contribution was not good enough. I really dont get the idea playing him roght and griezmann left. To create width? But than i would have picked perez on the right.

One thing is for sure, Fati should only play on the left from now on.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Wasn't that bad considering everything. I mean, look at Suarez.

Don't know if he's 16 or 26, I do know that kid is ready to be our 4th choice up-front.

BarcaOG

Banned
i thought he looked rather nervous, at least until about 10 minutes before he was substituted.

i really think we should not rush him like this. the long list of exciting youngsters who didn't fulfill their early promise is so damn long. rashford scored a string of goals in his first appearances for united and england, but look at him now. etc etc etc. im really not expecting anything from ansu given the record.

Givenchy

i thought he looked rather nervous, at least until about 10 minutes before he was substituted.

i really think we should not rush him like this. the long list of exciting youngsters who didn't fulfill their early promise is so damn long. rashford scored a string of goals in his first appearances for united and england, but look at him now. etc etc etc. im really not expecting anything from ansu given the record.

i think he'll be fine for Laliga and ofcourse Copa games but it did look like men against a boy vs Dortmund, pretty steep game to throw him in at this age + its an away CL game so naturally most of our players are shitting themselves

Rashford was given too big of a role too early. don't think Ansu will end up like that since he has Messi ahead of him

I hope we see more of him this season

Andresito

Staff member
As long as we don't treat him like our saviour he'll be fine. He should be able to develop without the pressure of performing.

Regular playing time is key. And if Valverde uses his brain he won't have 3 CM's like Roberto, Rakitic and Vidal on the bench at the same time.

Catta

Fati should be handled the same as Messi was. Get someone like Barca had with Giuly (a good enough player but not wc) to rotate them on the LW until Fati is old enough to become the undisputed starter.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Waaay too much pressure being applied to a 16 year old debuting at senior level. If this is what it has come to then the club is in bigger trouble than previously believed. He should be a gem to be worked on rather than relied on this soon - I mean what sort of holes does this expose after spending 120M on an attacker when it falls to a 16 year old to have so much focus on

Media, if anything, should be focusing on Griezmann - when Suarez started at Barcelona every minute of his matches were being scrutinized when he did not score much early on. It's clear, club is rudderless

Messi983

Of course people were focused on Fati's performance like they are with other young players. But there were no real expectations for him and certainly no hard critics after the game. He's not ready for those games yet but he deserved to start after a great performance against Valencia (people would be all over Valverde if Fati wouldn't start, lol). It was a welcoming experience with little to no pressure on him and even if he would play bad (which he didn't IMO) and we would lose it was just the first game of group stage and not El Clasico.

xXKonan

[tw]1174746807269810176[/tw]

[tw]1175013445537869824[/tw]

Seems like Fati is a glorified first-team player now.

masterbest

in minute 24 his attempt to press Hummels failed and Dortmund played through Barca's pressing and counter-attacked. That's a good chance for Reus and best chance of DM in first half. He need more experience.
DBDJFdx.png

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans